This game should be labelled as early access

+
Well good for you it runs great on your PC, but the cracks show the more you play it, its not just about a stable FPS, its about the game actually being as promised, its an absolute mess an riddled with Star Citizen-like bugs and I'm experiencing something new nearly every day, no need to defend such a mediocre game just because it has next gen graphics but with dated far cry mechanics, they've released it in this state so deserve the criticism

The choice of words used " its an absolute mess" has no relevance as I always judge a game based upon my own experience and from my own viewpoint when playing.

I am always amazed how others need to classify and place gamers like myself in the realm of "no need to defend such a mediocre game" when my opinion is never subjective to approval.

Honestly i never encountered issued on this calibre in Skyrim, i know Bethesda games are kinda janky and lack physics but its still a fully functioning RPG... with all the mechanics you'd expect from it.

You obviously never played it at release or ignore its flaws as it is not fully functioning. Check out the Steam forums for Skyrim LE and SE or watch the videos below. There is of course the unofficial patch for LE and SE to fix all the bugs etc Bethesda left in.

Post automatically merged:

I would be fine with your point if the issues were only technical / performance related.

Unfortunately, the list goes on.

If the expectations of a huge proportion of the population are "flawed", you may need to think about what could be the root cause.

The expectations of the masses are always flawed, expectations are usually unrealistic. Will you win the lottery or just expect to?

I have never considered myself part of the population, I form my own opinion of everything including games and never follow the hype.

Last edited:
It's funny I was just thinking that. Even though the main story is good, it feels like an extended prologue. The whole thing felt like a long demo w/ all the bugs and unfinished systems.

The only exception is the Side Quests. They feel and play great. Too bad their aren't more of them.

The expectations of the masses are always flawed, expectations are usually unrealistic. Will you win the lottery or just expect to?

I have never considered myself part of the population, I form my own opinion of everything including games and never follow the hype.

You're right, but it seems that your perspective is a bit too one-sided. >

If the hype reached this level of irrationality, it's certainly due to the communication strategy on CDPR side. You can blame people for being "naive", but it doesn't change the fact that CDPR underdelivered.

If a company say they'll deliver on x y z points, show stuff in trailers or mention features during interviews, it make sense to assume they're telling the truth if they've shown trustworthy in the past and have a good reputation.

Unfortunately, had to sacrifice quality to meet delays and make up for their catastrophic communication (raising the hype to maintain their stock market over-valuation), and it shows.

We may need to work on ourselves to avoid "trusting" companies, but let's not invert responsabilities here.

You're right, but it seems that your perspective is a bit too one-sided. >

If the hype reached this level of irrationality, it's certainly due to the communication strategy on CDPR side. You can blame people for being "naive", but it doesn't change the fact that CDPR underdelivered.

If a company say they'll deliver on x y z points, show stuff in trailers or mention features during interviews, it make sense to assume they're telling the truth if they've shown trustworthy in the past and have a good reputation.

Unfortunately, had to sacrifice quality to meet delays and make up for their catastrophic communication (raising the hype to maintain their stock market over-valuation), and it shows.

We may need to work on ourselves to avoid "trusting" companies, but let's not invert responsabilities here.

My perspective, one sided? What is your exactly, oh! one sided.

My opinion does not change because you feel a need to squarely aim at CDPR whilst ignoring calls to release the game, death threats, gamers overhyping, gamers expectations, all self induced whilst trying to wash their hands of responsibility for anything.

Work on ourselves? Invert responsibilities?

We live in a world where those who did not buy the game feel free to ride the anti hype train when they never even bought a ticket to ride the train an write worthless review on Metacritic etc. You are right they need to work on themselves and stop been so hyped and angry over a game and accept their share of those responsibilities.

FUT is successful for EA because gamers BUY packs, but lets just blame EA to brush that particular point under the carpet.

Last edited:
In some ways it is early access if they plan on adding all or most of the cut content. If their only goal is to fix all the bugs and improve performance then it's not. Early access to me implies it's not complete.

My perspective, one sided? What is your exactly, oh! one sided.

My opinion does not change because you feel a need to squarely aim at CDPR whilst ignoring calls to release the game, death threats, gamers overhyping, gamers expectations, all self induced whilst trying to wash their hands of responsibility for anything.

Work on ourselves? Invert responsibilities?

We live in a world where those who did not buy the game feel free to ride the anti hype train when they never even bought a ticket to ride the train.

You are right they need to work on themselves and stop been so hyped and angry over a game and accept their share of those responsibilities.

From the gist of your posts it's my fault I believed their marketing and because you miraculously had no errors or deny them, they don't exist?

I have no response fit to post.

Guest 4509026

Attachments

• rig.png
    rig.png
    532.9 KB · Views: 95
From the gist of your posts it's my fault I believed their marketing and because you miraculously had no errors or deny them, they don't exist?

I have no response fit to post.

My friend was hyped for Sekiro, having beaten Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne (both co-op). He never blamed From Software for his inability to not get past 7% but accepted that without co-op he would never beat the game.

I on the other hand never get hyped for games, I form my own opinion of any game as I play them.

Bugs: In order to know of a bug you need to encounter it. If I don't encounter a bug why should I state they exist?

Miraculously had no errors? No I encountered one bug so far. No broken quests. If you want to believe that is denial you are free to do so but my experience with Cyberpunk is not your experience.

In some ways it is early access if they plan on adding all or most of the cut content. If their only goal is to fix all the bugs and improve performance then it's not. Early access to me implies it's not complete.
Yup, and I doubt they actually see the game that way... I see no evidence they do, atleast.

@ cupsandlantern

No wonder you are having issues. Time for an upgrade or a brand new PC.

Oddly though because you are having issues does not mean I am.

Guest 4509026

@ cupsandlantern

No wonder you are having issues. Time for an upgrade or a brand new PC.

Oddly though because you are having issues does not mean I am.

I got a $1,500 rig. If every other game but Cyberpunk 76 can run just fine on it, I doubt my rig is the issue. Nice try scapegoating the game's obvious issues on consumers. [...]

It's funny I was just thinking that. Even though the main story is good, it feels like an extended prologue. The whole thing felt like a long demo w/ all the bugs and unfinished systems.

The only exception is the Side Quests. They feel and play great. Too bad their aren't more of them.
There is too much of them. Some are interesting but overall they all have specific location.

There is no random encounters and world itself is pretty dead and not immersive. So you basically go pinpoint sside quests and go from one to another. It doesn't look like world exploring at all.

In Skyrim or Fallout I was just walking forward and adventures were finding me by themselves.

Bethesda games. No issues....:giveup:

Those two sentences don't go well together. Just check the wiki, you'll see at least a couple known bugs listed there for pretty much any quest in the game. Sometimes there'll be a long long list.

I do agree that Cyberpunk 2077 does not feel like a finished game though, but it does seem like the quests function way stabler in Cyberpunk however, if you think of the games' states in time of release.

Last edited:
It is absolute insanity that people talk about how broken the game is and how terrible the story or mechanics are, yet have spent 60+ hours on it, and counting.

Yup, 80 hours of this unplayable mess.. /s...btw

Last edited:
It IS Early Access, so, yes

but red devs knew it is not finished and ready to release
so, it's not their fault

not CDProjektRED fault

too bad

I really hope they can fix it someday
:cool:

It is absolute insanity that people talk about how broken the game is and how terrible the story or mechanics are, yet have spent 60+ hours on it, and counting.

Yup, 80 hours of this unplayable mess..
Have you seen how many people played NMS for months before the first extensive patches came out? Have you checked how many people are still playing the BG3 early access? A game being EA doesn't mean it's unplayable, it just means it's not finished...

Guest 4509026

Yup, 80 hours of this unplayable mess..

It's called the sunken cost fallacy. So many people were emotionally invested in this being the game of the century and the reality hitting them in the face like a concrete brick only makes them dig deeper to try to find a way to reject said reality. There's also people who simply want their money's worth regardless but are still more than happy to voice their complaints. I'd take the complaints of someone who's invested 80 hours in the game much more seriously than someone who's only played 8.

Have you seen how many people played NMS for months before the first extensive patches came out? Have you checked how many people are still playing the BG3 early access? A game being EA doesn't mean it's unplayable, it just means it's not finished...

No I havent.

It's called the sunken cost fallacy. So many people were emotionally invested in this being the game of the century and the reality hitting them in the face like a concrete brick only makes them dig deeper to try to find a way to reject said reality. There's also people who simply want their money's worth regardless but are still more than happy to voice their complaints. I'd take the complaints of someone who's invested 80 hours in the game much more seriously than someone who's only played 8.

Makes sense. I did not know about sunken fallacy costs but this is bordeline battered spouse syndrome for some people. Leave already! I have enjoyed my 80 hours. I had crashes and had to reload saves to trigger boss fights. But some of my favorite games have been that way so it's not my first rodeo here. I guess I'm of the mindset that if I don't enjoy something, I stop. At the very least, I wouldn't continue to stick around only to constantly bash it.

Top Bottom