This isn't about forgiveness and it's not just broken on consoles.

+
View attachment 11100629

I think this tweet is fitting perfectly here.
Thing is that is all I really wanted and hoped for. I never really care for it to be like GTA, I mainly wanted a heavy story focused game like the witcher 3 but in the cyberpunk world.

I'd argue that if the game is story-focused, then that IS enough.

And it's really bizarre, because CP77 wasn't that far from being a decent game meeting expectation. I'm using past tense because at THIS point, with what we got it's difficult to say how much they need to do to get back the goodwill of customers.

Honestly, yea, for me as someone who loves narrative games and roleplaying, I care far more about that then the gameplay. Not to say gameplay isn't important, it is and I do tend to play on hardest modes anyways, but its the story which is my principal focus.

and as you said its close, There are plenty of times when I am playing that I am going "yea, this is just want I wanted" and I am having fun, but while it is close it doesn't quite meet the bar.

What's missing, and what would make the game very liked (beyond performance issues and bugs):
1) Some clearly missing mechanics to bring the city alive - barber shops, food stalls, a working police system. Throw in some cosmetic cyberware to boot for the player.
2) Slightly better civilian AI - the game really didn't need to be GTA-level when it comes to AI, but at the moment any interaction with AI brings down the whole illusion of an immersive world.
3) The biggest one (which is unfixable at this point): a story on par with TW3. There are certainly some gems in CP77, but the main campaign and the way it's structured is just... odd. There's a HUGE thread on these forums in the "story" section pointing out all the flaws. Biggest of which is making all of the endings low-note. Seriously, not a single one ending on a high-note is just going to make people miserable, and miserable people aren't as likely to forgive flaws as happy people.

The first two points can still be added with patches and could have been added with a few more months of development time. But the 3rd point is what, I feel, hurts the most. Like - the people who don't get scared off by the bugs, glitches, lack of optimization... they're going to get an emotional punch in the gut... and when they find out that there's NOTHING they can do to make the ending better (which you might realistically expect from a game "like TW3"), then... yeah, salt will flow.
I agree, though here is a question, do you think its actually possible to improve the story? I think it is but I am not sure, but I do think it is possible. At least I am hoping that it can be.

Now now... unless you have decompiled the code and know what's in there, there's no point bashing the devs. The game was clearly rushed, so THIS kind of criticism is unwarranted.
100% agreed. The develepors do not deserve the blame here. They had quite the pressure considering crunch time and the management breathing down their backs. Moreover bug fixing isn't just snapping your fingers and it is done, especially for something as complicated as Cyberpunk. So yea, the Devs deserve the praise for what they did and here is hoping that they can knock some sense into management.

Its funny to see so many people here mention greed when you should be grateful that there is finally an RPG that does not try to screw you over with countless micro-transactions that would bring the cost of the game into the hundreds of $$$. It is so refreshing to have a single player game that has a ton of customisation and progression options solely based on gameplay and not miro-transactions and gambling mechanics.
True, but it's not the only one at that... not even this year... and not even from CDPR. That distinction is no longer worth as much as a couple of years ago, when "games as a service" was all the rage, and "honest" game developers were rare...

As this is topic that has been repeated may times already am just going to repeat a comment made regarding this topic.

repost incoming

As you see below in no way do I think this game did not have its flaws but also don't think it deserves the amount of rage it is getting from some people.

8 million presales + player meticritic rating (pc)

User Score
7.1 Mixed or average reviews based on 21233 Ratings

Shows the game was not the "disastrous embarrassment hat will kill CDPR reputation" that some on the forum make it out to be. Personally I would give it a

6.5 myself just average major flaws and disappointments but overall satisficed and feel got my moneys worth . It nothing that will enter the hall of fame but really its not worth all rage It is what it is and honestly just need to move open and wait for the "next big thing" W3 was a remarkable game ( rating of 9 in my books) but I don't think its reasonable to expect that level of success every time when there dev teams are not consistent with the team that made W3 I also think focusing on old technology is one of the reasons that caused this down fall.

Also from my personal observations Although it does happen in north America to a certain extent It seems that in the Non-North America side of the world some people like to champion the "Karen" aspect of "consumer rights" to a absurd extreme and expect everything to turn out to be a 10/10 game. (W3 has a 9.4 user score) when in reality not everything comes out perfect or as planned.

end of repost

"Sure, it runs much better on high-end PC hardware"

that means the program works - if it does not work on lower need systems that is part of the end user problem to figure out not the devs

"but it has a huge amount of issues "

please remember other players including me have report not having any issue with the game .

Repost incoming

If you don't put gas in the car and it stops . Did the car s manufacture sell you a defective car.?

Other big games work on my computer.

I answered this already

Well I can run this game so I should be able to run. that game

Also not true every game is built differently and will interact with your system as a whole differently so the above statement not accurate.

There is nothing magical about .

If you have 2 people - and a piece of software

Person 1 run smoothly on with no issues

Person 2 computer has major problems .

It is not a problem with the software as it has proven to run smoothly on person 1 computer

This has nothing to do with defending the devs or being a "fanboy. It has to do with logic.

Software that has major problems is not capable of running smoothly on ANYONES PC

that a simple undeniable fact.

Something that is broken is always broken no matter who uses it. It does not magically change condition depended on the user.

that does mean that bugs don't exist. I am talking in a general sense based on general performance.

Top Bottom