Thor 2 trailer

+
Thor 2 trailer

Thor is back...and Loki...and Odin...and Sif...and could those be The Dark Elves? No sign of The Warriors Three but they can't not be in it(hopefully). Looks like they went more for a cosmic/Asgardian story. I'm now officially psyched for this.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p7rocHEecE[/media]

Loki memes are killing me

YAY SIF

Yes, excited for this!

Blothulfur said:
Thor has red hair.

Exactly. There are many things in Marvel's Thor comic that truly bother me. It's too cartoonish with black and white cardboard characters, which is a shame considering the interesting view of the world of the good old vikings.

What ever happened to giants being primeval creatures of wisdom? And as far as crazy giants go I'd say Surtr should be THE threat.

I'm not familiar with the comics, but Marvel movies leave a lot to be desired because they are aimed at a very young audience. I appreciate them because they are simply fun to watch. It's be great to have a more serious, ambiguous movie down the line. More Loki, please, but not one you're kinda forced to feel sorry for.

Dona said:
I'm not familiar with the comics, but Marvel movies leave a lot to be desired because they are aimed at a very young audience. I appreciate them because they are simply fun to watch. It's be great to have a more serious, ambiguous movie down the line. More Loki, please, but not one you're kinda forced to feel sorry for.

Well in the Eddas Loki is actually hilarious and mischievous. There is a time when he gets drunk and starts bad mouthing everyone in a party, revealing all their embarrassing secrets. He also causes a lot of harm to the Aesir, but overall he is clever and playful. Many of the deities in the Eddas have strange and multiple personalities.

I actually have a couple of Thor comic book collections, but they aren't too great even for Marvel's standard of writing. The Thor movie was fun, yes, but very dumb. But those movies are made for entertainment, so that's kind of OK.

Tumblr is going to be so awful when this will be released... Oh dear God.

Anyways I'm pretty apathetic towards it, sorry to say that.

the trailer was meh. Maybe because it's just a teaser. But then again, teasers for movies like TDKR and MOS were really amazing. Even many tv shows release great teasers alone. Hopefully the proper trailer should give a good look.

I love norse mythology and being a comic fan, very much forward to thor and it was disappointing. This looks good but I'll wait without expectations much. Only excited for the fact Alan Taylor is directing it.

seekerpat said:
Thor is back...and Loki...and Odin...and Sif...and could those be The Dark Elves? No sign of The Warriors Three but they can't not be in it(hopefully). Looks like they went more for a cosmic/Asgardian story. I'm now officially psyched for this.

I casually stumbled upon the Wikipedia page for the movie a few days ago, and it's confirmed the Three will make an appearance. There is a difference, however: Zachary Levi will replace Joshua Dallas as Fandral (Asgardian Chuck, LOL).

its just a teaser....but i liked the trailer
the first movie of thor was disappointing one
hoping for the best for 2nd one..

Loki, the Trickster God! Damn I love that guy! Well the god, not the character in the movie or the actor. Haven't seen the first Thor movie so I can't say if he's any good but I don't know.

He's certainly a lot more engaging than Thor is. The actor playing Thor is so bland, plain, generic, boring and dull, that I can't stand watching even an entire scene with him. I mean you're playing fucking Thor! You should be charismatic and larger than life! You should have an unquenchable lust for life and an appetite to fuck shit right up son!

I don't know. I get the hibby jibbys when I watch the trailers. They don't connect with me on any level. They just don't resonate with me. At all. Hope the movie's awesome though for the people that enjoy the series :)

Well, I didn't like the first Thor movie and this one looks even worse. It just oozes with cheese. I feel like its going to be a straight rescue my girlfreind story arc, balh, blah, blah. I don't know, I just didn't like any of the Marvel movies except Spider Man 1&2. I don't remeber much of 3, so I'll take that as I didn't much care for it. Still haven't seen the Avengers becuase the character's indivdual movies scared me off :p

Being from Denmark, this is the only worthy depiction of the mythology in my book:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwAGt9dvZdo[/media]

...aaaand the danish trailer, since this is a danish animation movie:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyH2lh1b9zE[/media]

:D

Loki is imprisoned in a fish tank? Who in the God's name thought that was a good idea!?

Anyhow, might see this one when it comes out. I don't find the Marvel movies as good as people tend to make them, but I still find them very enjoyable to watch.

I agree with what Dona said, "more Loki please, but not one you're kinda forced to feel sorry for". In the movie Loki is pictured as an evil guy, but kind and weak on the inside. He's played by a guy no taller or heavier than any other guy, although he's a giant god. Why isn't it mentioned that Loki is the mother of Sleipner (by turning into a mare and breed with a magical stallion), the father of the Fenris Wolf (who will swallow Odin himself), and the father of the Midgard Serpent, surronding the world?

And as Volsung said, Surtr should be the greatest threat, becuase he will be the one burning the world into nothing remains but ashes, with his sword of flames.

Even though much could be done better it's nice that they've made movies based on the Norse Mythology, since there haven't been anyone before as far as I know. :p

GeneralMus said:
Even though much could be done better it's nice that they've made movies based on the Norse Mythology, since there haven't been anyone before as far as I know. :p/>

*cough* my post...? *cough*

Top Bottom