Thoughts on "watching" a match?

+
Thoughts on "watching" a match?

I was wondering how many people would be interested in the ability to "watch" a match - either the match of a friend or a random Ranked match - or a Ranked match that involved a "top ten" player. Or perhaps a "tournament" (if CDPR provides such a thing). I am thinking that "watching" would be completely passive. Those playing the watched match would not even know that it was being watched.

Should the cards in-hand be seen by those watching? Should those being watched be informed that they are being watched?

I am a casually-minded player, so I have not thought about ways to exploit.

pahriah;n7374850 said:
I am a casually-minded player, so I have not thought about ways to exploit.
You really think that high ranked matches are INF mushrooms? If not, what do you mean by exploit?

The devs already stated they want to give the option to watch a match in a future patch. Which form or shape it takes, is unknown. But as you've pointed out, the devs have to make sure the feature cannot be exploited. This means that it might not be possible to view the players' hands during the match. Though it could be made available afterwards as a replay video.

Last edited:
4RM3D;n7375130 said:
The devs already stated they want to give the option to watch a match in a future patch. Which form or shape it takes, is unknown. But as you've pointed out, the devs have to make sure the feature cannot be exploited. This means that it might be possible to view the players' hands during the match. Though it could be made available afterwards as a replay video.

ya, if during a match all the spectators could see is the board and not either players hands I think it'd be ok. and afterwards as a replay you could see each players hand if you chose to do so.

HenryGrosmont;n7374930 said:
You really think that high ranked matches are INF mushrooms? If not, what do you mean by exploit?

Well, IMO, "exploit" = "cheat"

Example: My buddy is in a ranked match. I watch and see cards in hands so I can chat/text/whatever my buddy what his opponent has in hand.

This was a silly example, as I am sure the devs would not allow such a thing to be possible, but there could be other ways to cheat/exploit that I have not thought of.

Top Bottom