Tic tac tic tac ...

+
Are you sure? Patch 2.0 was advertised a month before it was released.View attachment 11380423
Post automatically merged:

Patch 1.2 was also announced a month in advance, probably many other patches too.View attachment 11380426
There's a considerable difference between even 1.2 and whatever the next patch will be called though.
1.2 came at a time when CDPR was still in a bit of a state of denial about the depth of their situation - they made a trailer for the patch for god's sake.

2.0 was a significant overhaul. While they did make a point about the path tracing update, not even that one received much marketing attention other than what Nvidia themselves put out. 1.5 had apartments, new gigs, new weapons, scripted world events, adjustments to cutscenes, etc - it was fluffed up barely a week in advance.

with big overall changes
Maybe, although a lot of the 'free dls', 90% I think, feels like something that was just cut earlier to rush the game release. For almost a year, the game had a shower that gave nothing, not even a buff to hp.

1.5 had apartments, new gigs, new weapons, scripted world events, adjustments to cutscenes, etc
Literally everything we wish we had on release, but received as a gift from the generous cdrp.
:shrug:

Just apply what Idris Elba said about the difference between dls and addon to hotfixes and patches.

Tthe patch will have to wait.

I'll just clarify, I agree with you that the announcements were for major patches. But the person I replied to didn't divide them into large and small, he just wrote that cdrp never announced patches in advance.

Last edited:
the fact that they worked their a** off for 3 years to fix and implement such "cut" content to regain communitys trust ("our commitment of quality"....) just to end up in the exact same situation by taking the exact same move for holiday biz is just heartbreaking. it feels like everything the devs done for years is shattered by another topdown decision... Bobby Kotick style :(

it absolutely makes sense because the first complain is about a rushed bugfully content-patch which obviously wasnt tested at all and broke already fixed issues again - while the second complain is about the time it took them to fix former rushed patch. those are two complete different things - and you know that.

what doesnt make sense is that they made the same move twice: rushed release for xmas biz and rushed ultimate edition/patch 2.1 for xmas biz as well. (and no im not blaming the devs its not their fault)

I'm not going to get into them rushing another patch. They did, we all noticed that.

But it is completely senseless to complain about rushed releases and simultaneously complaining next release not coming fast enough.

If I go down to one of my employees desk and tell them they rushed a case and it's now full of mistakes, I'll tell them to take the necessary time with their next case to be certain it isn't full of mistakes.

If the next day I go down to the same employee's desk and tell him that he needs to hand me his next file NOW and it needs to be perfect, I expect to be called out on that. You can't complain about work being rushed and simultenously asking for the work to be done now AND not full of mistakes again. It's absolutely senseless.

You're saying "you rushed this patch! It's full of bugs! AGAIN! WHY DO YOU DO THIS AGAIN?" but then get angry when they take the time to NOT rush the next one? How does that make any sense to you?
You're essentially asking them to rush AGAIN but if it's released in a poor state because it was rushed, you'll complain they rushed yet another patch.

It's complete nonsense

I'll just clarify, I agree with you that the announcements were for major patches. But the person I replied to didn't divide them into large and small, he just wrote that cdrp never announced patches in advance.
So I won't repeat what @BabaBooey88 said, I'll add this:

Fair enough, I wasn't precise enough. I thought it went without saying considering we all know that all we'll be getting going forward is minor bug fixes patches. That's on me.

Last edited:
to NOT rush the next one?
thats the point, why rushing in the first place... how many times do they need to fail until they change their mindset? - like i said it took them 3 years to fix and polish the game... just to f*ck up again for the very same reason the whole history begun in the first place?... its funny how the community argue with themselves to keep patience - if the company-leadership havent learned anything over nearly 4 years? keeping calm and taking it again and again is the reason why companies like EA, Ubi etc. still go on the way they do.... because everything will be forgiven by the players why so ever... to a certain degree its the communities fault that the companies-behavior wont change - why should they? the player keep their patiences anyways right?

Last edited:
thats the point, why rushing in the first place... how many times do they need to fail until they change their mindset? - like i said it took them 3 years to fix and polish the game... just to f*ck up again for the very same reason the whole history begun in the first place?... its funny how the community argue with themselves to keep patience - if the company-leadership havent learned anything over nearly 4 years? keeping calm and taking it again and again is the reason why companies like EA, Ubi etc. still go on the way they do.... because everything will be forgiven by the players why so ever... to a certain degree its the communities fault that the companies-behavior wont change - why should they? the player keep their patiences anyways right?
it's great to finally see someone voice my thoughts on the subject

If they can't fix the problem quickly, maybe they'll admit the patch was a failure and roll it back?

thats the point... how many times do they need to fail until they get this mindset? - like i said it took them 3 years to fix and polish the game... just to f*ck up again for the very same reason the whole history begun in the first place?... its funny how the community argue with themselves to keep patience - if the company-leadership havent learned anything over nearly 4 years? keeping calm and taking it again and again is the reason why companies like EA, Ubi etc. still go on the way they do.... because everything will be forgiven by the players again and again... to a certain amount its the communities fault that the companies-behavior wont change - why should they? the player keep their patiences anyways right?

I'm certain we all have our theory about why they released 2.1 when they did and I'm certain they all revolve around the same two general themes of PR/marketing and holiday sales. That's irrelevant to the point I'm making.

Let me clear, I am not happy about 2.1. The two buggiest patches for me were 1.2 and 2.1. I'm annoyed by the fact 2.1 was clearly not tested thoroughly. I'm experiencing more bugs than I did at release but it's done. 2.1 is here. And it's buggy. It should have been held back from release a while longer in my opinion but what's done is done. I want the next patch to fix my issues, not make them worse. I want them to take their time to get it right.

So I don't complain that the next patch is taking time to arrive because that is counter productive to what I want. Which is a proper, well tested patch, that works the way it's intended to. Because it's utterly ridiculous to complain that a patch was rushed and that the patch needed to fix this first one isn't coming fast enough. When someone does that, they are effectively asking for a rushed product while complaining about a rushed product. It's nonsense. Especially after a month long waiting period during which many take 2+ weeks off work.

If they can't fix the problem quickly, maybe they'll admit the patch was a failure and roll it back?
Yeah, that's not happening. Considering 2.1 is also a boxed version of the game that was sold with these specific features advertised, it would probably be literally illegal in some places for them to roll back to a previous version of the game that doesn't have those same advertised features. In the U.S. at least, we call that a "bait and switch" and it is considered a form of consumer fraud.

Even setting that aside, I've played an entire game start to almost finished on 2.1 That savegame probably wouldn't even load on 2.0. And I doubt I'm the only one. Imagine telling everyone, "Sorry chooms, but some people were upset on our forums so we are now telling you to throw away a month's game progress and start back over on 2.0. Cool, right?" Nope. Not happening.

If I'm on PC, I can make that decision for just myself if I want to. CDPR can't force that on all their customers. And they aren't going to. They are going to take their time and do a 2.1.1 bug fix patch. If you can't stand playing 2.1 with the bugs now, set it aside and do something else, is the best advice.

is the best advice.
It's not advice, it's just the only option. You can argue that the game can be passed, but passing seeing countless bugs (like the gun that Jackie pulls out of his head) is ridiculous. Of course I stopped playing cyberpunk back in the last year. Which doesn't stop me from resenting the long fixing of the problems they created with the new patch.

The only logical conclusion from all this - to buy cdrp games 5 years after release. Other than that, I'm waiting, yes.

I didn't know cdrp was selling physical copies with patch 2.1. But that makes it even funnier.

The only logical conclusion from all this - to buy cdrp games 5 years after release. Other than that, I'm waiting, yes.
the whole industry-problem just exist because people wont do that but most probably pre-order witcher 4 or Orion right away again (just an example counts for other studio ips as well)

I didn't know cdrp was selling physical copies with patch 2.1. But that makes it even funnier.
thats mostlikely the reason why 2.1 was rushed - the physical copy deadline of the "ultimate" edition for xmas biz...

You can argue that the game can be passed, but passing seeing countless bugs (like the gun that Jackie pulls out of his head) is ridiculous.
Well I don't know what to tell you. I've never seen Jackie pull a gun out of his head, though my V does occasionally like to gaze into the mirror with a weapon in hand. That does look weird.

I have run into a handful of bugs, not "countless" bugs and not a one of them was game-stopping. Do I want them fixed? Sure, at some point. But I still enjoyed this last playthrough. Phantom Liberty's story was fantastic.

It might have helped that I did a clean reinstall and started a new game for 2.1. I suspect a LOT of the big problems were related to playing pre-2.1 saves and the game options settings or cache not porting over well from a previous install. They definitely have problems to fix there. People wanting to pick up and play an existing game definitely got screwed. I might be more upset if I wasn't at a point where it was no big deal to start over clean.

We know they've been updating the QA branch on Steam DB, which means they're testing a new patch.

While I understand the desire to get the fix released as soon as possible, Rushing it is how we got a buggy patch in the first place.

BUT most importantly it's the thing that keeps coming up on the forums. "Why aren't they talking about it? Why are they Radio-silent? Why is there no communication?" Because they acknowledged the bugs once, they in the testing phase and they're not ready to give us a date and patch notes yet.... How many times are they supposed to say, "Yes we know and we're working on it"..... Especially since this forum loves to stalk the QA branch so we always have someone speculating on the next patch. We know they're working on it, and we can literally see the builds getting updated on the back end for testing... we know it's coming so what else is there to say until they have it in a state, they're happy with and announce the date and notes? IF they just keep saying "yeah it's in testing" that doesn't really give us any new info, so saying it once was enough.

And again, I understand the frustration, I was about 90% through a playthrough on PS5 when 2.1 came out and haven't touched it since (Fortunately I have Spider-man 2 to play there) and on my PC I'm not even considering a play through until the next fix is out AND the mods have time to update accordingly, so yeah I understand wanting the fix ASAP, I really do. I just don't think it's fair to say they're not doing enough or it's taking too long, we Know they're moving teams to new studios, we know there are a bunch of projects in the works including Orion, it's honestly refreshing and pretty impressive, that they've kept people on for as long as they have with free content updates and will still be keeping a small support team for bug fixes etc.... I don't mind waiting for it to be done right, especially if that team is going to continue to get smaller, and support may be stopping completely, soon, If we're only going to get 1-3 more patches/updates/fixes, and then everyone is off to Polaris or Orion, then I'd prefer them take their time, test the crap out of it and get it right, because if it breaks worse who's there to fix it?

Hotfixes for things like weapons stuck to hands or stuck in faces during cutscenes should be a thing. We could wait a year for the next patch and it still wouldn't guarantee it would fix everything. The next patch will most probably have it's own ups and downs, leaving us waiting for yet another update.

FFS just start a beta branch that people can opt into for fixes, then everyone knows what they are getting, and that they are agreeing to test the changes early.

Top Bottom