To the Cyberpunk Community

+
Thanks cdrp, it was a great idea to release 2.1 and delay bug fixes until next year.
I can finally get through the other games.
:sleep:

Thanks cdrp, it was a great idea to release 2.1 and delay bug fixes until next year.
I can finally get through the other games.
:sleep:
While this was written in sarcasm, I think them delaying the next patch until it's ready is best. A hotfix sounds like it would've been nice, but who knows what bugs that would have brought at this point. They've been in a rush obviously and it's good they're getting some quality time off.

While this was written in sarcasm, I think them delaying the next patch until it's ready is best. A hotfix sounds like it would've been nice, but who knows what bugs that would have brought at this point. They've been in a rush obviously and it's good they're getting some quality time off.
You may be right. But I think cdrp might have also delayed the 2.1 release, it feels like it wasn't tested at all

You may be right. But I think cdrp might have also delayed the 2.1 release, it feels like it wasn't tested at all
True. It really doesn't. Even the new features they added have issues.

If you're on PC, I have at least a few fixes over on Nexus.

This being among them.
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/11885

Before/After
BANNER.jpg

To be honest, I don't have many issue's with patch 2.0, 2.0.1 and 2.1. With patch 2.0, the games runs very well on my machine. 2.0.1 caused a crash on start-up, but after investigating and contacting CDPR, I found out that a deleted mod was still causing the crash.

In 2.1, Cyberpunk 2077 crashed when I tried to make a picture in photo mode. The only mod I had installed at that time was the Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra + files, which I also edited it a bit manually myself. When I removed these files, I fixed the crash aswell.

We must look it from a different perspective, many developers would have dropped the game instant after receiving so much negative feedback. CDPR didn't just like Hello Games that made No Man's Sky. They still kept their promise and fixed their games. Many developers would just have dropped the support and moved on.

To be honest, I don't have many issue's with patch 2.0, 2.0.1 and 2.1. With patch 2.0, the games runs very well on my machine. 2.0.1 caused a crash on start-up, but after investigating and contacting CDPR, I found out that a deleted mod was still causing the crash.

In 2.1, Cyberpunk 2077 crashed when I tried to make a picture in photo mode. The only mod I had installed at that time was the Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra + files, which I also edited it a bit manually myself. When I removed these files, I fixed the crash aswell.

We must look it from a different perspective, many developers would have dropped the game instant after receiving so much negative feedback. CDPR didn't just like Hello Games that made No Man's Sky. They still kept their promise and fixed their games. Many developers would just have dropped the support and moved on.
So, on the one hand, it's true that they've been working for 3 years to fix a game that shouldn't have been released in this state. On the other hand, they released PL, versions 2.0 and 2.1 too early. A lot of content was poorly implemented, bugs reappeared and new ones were created. They should have waited before releasing PL and the overhaul, but I think, once again, they rushed the thing, so they could release the Ultimate Edition for the holidays. It's the same mistake they made with Cyberpunk.

I do think there's also something very odd with Cyberpunk in quite how random problems seem to be. Presumably this contributed to the decision to move to Unreal.

I played a couple of months after launch and had a *flawless* experience. The game crashed literally once, when I tried to load while decapitating someone, in almost 200 hours of play, and I saw no T posing or any of the other weird stuff seen elsewhere. At all. Other people, with almost identical configurations to mine, had a lot of problems.

It's not clear how reliably they can test updates before release because of this. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to which problems appear when which may make them difficult to identify before the updates go out into the wild.

I do think there's also something very odd with Cyberpunk in quite how random problems seem to be. Presumably this contributed to the decision to move to Unreal.

I played a couple of months after launch and had a *flawless* experience. The game crashed literally once, when I tried to load while decapitating someone, in almost 200 hours of play, and I saw no T posing or any of the other weird stuff seen elsewhere. At all. Other people, with almost identical configurations to mine, had a lot of problems.

It's not clear how reliably they can test updates before release because of this. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to which problems appear when which may make them difficult to identify before the updates go out into the wild.
Than I’m curious why other companies can… so it’s all based on REDEngine hmm?

Well given the chaos at launch you do have to wonder. (And it's certainly far from *every* developer that releases updates that don't throw up problems.)
The chaos at launch was mainly due to poor choices. Firstly, to have developed in parallel on old-generation consoles, and secondly, to have released the game way too early, instead of fine-tuning it.
Post automatically merged:

I don't blame the developers. They're the ones struggling to create something coherent, and to respect the ultimatums they're given. They're also the ones trying to fix the problems they could have avoided, if they had more time. On the other hand, I blame the decisions made upstream, particularly in terms of release schedules.

Last edited:
Top Bottom