Triss Romance

+
I just completed my first run through of the main storyline ever. I did Velen, Novigrad, then Skellige. During my time in Novigrad, I met Triss - before really interacting with Yen - and moved through her story and once I hit the docks during Now or Never, everything I had read said that telling her you loved her and then later telling Yen would end things between all of them, but that the "I want to try again..." option would leave things open (something I later learned to be wrong). So I continued on, met Yen and worked through her questline, deciding for sure that Triss was the one I wanted Geralt to end up with. So the second I saw her at Kaer Morhen I tried to talk with her, several times, but at no point could I bring up any kind of relationship talk, so I figured maybe after Kaer Morhen, and proceeded to try to talk to her many, many, many times in the moments leading up to the final battle where she disappears for good.

I feel like the option to speak with her - especially after telling Yen you don't love her anymore - should be included in the game. Not being sure at first and then breaking the spell between Yen and Geralt should trigger an option. Especially given how well and deep the creators have gone to include interactions of this type throughout the game. As immersive and amazing as the game is, this was one of the very few things that really bothered me, because it was one of the VERY few times where the game just wasn't as immersive or intuitive as it normally is.

Unfortunately, that’s not something that will ever get changed (especially not several years after the release). Little can be done about it, except for loading an older save game and picking different choices. Or starting a new game (or ng+).

I’d say the whole Triss/Yen-relationship aspect is more like a bonus, as it’s not really what this game is all about. That’s one reason why for me it’s understandable that these relationships are simplified and why there isn’t room for discussions or changing Geralt’s mind.

I think that the only way to get Triss is to tell her you love her at the end of her quest line in Novigrad. Not sure if there's another option.

not true you can change the end with the console commands. The whole game ending can be altered that way. You can romance both then use the console command to pick the one you want before the finale battle and you end up with her. It is really very simple to do. But many people ask where is Triss after you tell her you love her and the lighthouse scene. Well if you recall she has a bunch of mages she still feels responsible for. I am pretty sure she is taking care of setting them up and making sure they are all safe before she can settle in with Geralt.

Top Bottom