[TW1][adv] And a Curse, and Love, and Betrayal

+
[TW1][adv] And a Curse, and Love, and Betrayal

And a Curse, and Love, and Betrayal isone of the biggest fan made adventures for The Witcher. It was in the works for almost three years. Here's the download link:And a Curse, and Love, and BetrayalSome features of the adventure:- 3 main endings and 2 early endings,- multiple story paths,- 100 NPCs,- 18 new music tracks,- 10-12 hours of gameplay,- the estimated total word count of 125000.A few screenshots from the adventure:
Here you can see two cutscenes from the adventure:the kikimore cutscenethe noonwraiths cutsceneThe authors of the adventure: - based on an idea by Koziek, - written by Dorwall, Mike (main quest) , Agloval, Koziek and Fantasta (side quests), - implemented by Fantasta (main quest and side quests) and juve-fan-sebek (side quests, decorating interiors), - music composed by Grensir and How High, - translated into English by Fantasta, - text editing for English version by Corylea, - cutscenes made by Adrael, Fantasta and juve-fan-sebek, - 3d models created by Fartuess, Fantasta and Marqson, - tested by Dan. Thanks to SC Team for giving us the possibility to use a few of their models created for their "Requiem for a Witcher" project and for a few loading screens.Briefly about the plot of the adventure: the story takes place before the events in The Witcher.Geralt is looking for Yennefer. He comes to a small village and gets two contracts: a young woman wants to remove a curse from her lover who turns into a wolf and the mayor wants to clean up the local gold mine of all the monsters.

I play-tested this game, and I have some advice for players: One of the paths through the main quest is MUCH more interesting than the other. When you get to the phase of the main quest where you have to choose whether to go see Ida or go see Barega, go see Barega; that path is much more interesting than the other one.Congratulations to Fantasta and his team on releasing a new adventure for The Witcher; a new adventure is always good news!

Wow! Thank you very much guys, I'm gonna play it immediately! (As a Czech I thought I'd be able to play the Polish version and tried that a while ago, but my poor language skills failed on that cute language of yours :-D)Will there also be a guide for tjis adventure translated into English?

RoyalistGirl said:
Wow! Thank you very much guys, I'm gonna play it immediately! (As a Czech I thought I'd be able to play the Polish version and tried that a while ago, but my poor language skills failed on that cute language of yours :-D)Will there also be a guide for tjis adventure translated into English?
Yes, the short guide will be translated and available in a few days' time.

it is always a pleasure to have modding support!I am glad to see this adventure thanks to http://multiplayer.it/articoli/88001-pc-magazine-28.html now, I will download it!

Darrosquall said:
it is always a pleasure to have modding support!I am glad to see this adventure thanks to http://multiplayer.it/articoli/88001-pc-magazine-28.html now, I will download it!
Thanks for your interest, have fun with the adventure.

Here we are:http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/04/27/mod-news-the-expanding-mod-o-sphere/http://multiplayer.it/articoli/88001-pc-magazine-28.htmlhttp://www.game-damashi.com/database/?p=10188http://modzone.web4.hu/cikk/the-witcher-and-a-curse-and-love-and-betrayalhttp://news.tgn.tv/on-the-mod-and-a-curse-and-love-and-betrayal-released-the-witcher/http://gamemodscore.org/content.php/31-And-a-Curse-and-Love-and-Betrayal-1.2.0http://www.gameblog.fr/blogs/vlidi/p_35279_and-a-curse-and-love-and-betrayalBtw, we are on a main header on moddb.com.Our mod was chosen as the best adventure for The Witcher on the biggest website for gamers in Germany:http://www.spieletipps.de/artikel/3244/6/

As I've said before, this is one of my very favorite adventures and I highly recommend it to anyone who is playing adventures for TW1. It's very ambitious, big and full of content, but it's also got quality to match.

-I thought the quests were very well designed and thought out. Like "Entrapped" and the main Witcher campaigns, this mod cries out for multiple playthoughs because the plot branches at various decision points, taking you down different paths and leading you to very different endings. This is true not just for the main quest but for side quests too (especially the Enchanted Circle). This is the hallmark of what a Witcher story should be.

-In a way, I think of the Enchanted Circle quest as part of the main quest as well. Even though it's not required to complete the adventure, it's very long and detailed and it provides important information to Geralt that he is looking for. I think I was most emotionally invested in this quest.

-I thought the characters were interesting because they were almost all ambiguous in their morality. Geralt was never sure who to trust, because everyone has secrets and has some lies to tell. No one was instantly likable (or despicable), and there were both heroes and villains in unexpected places.

-The cutscenes were great fun to watch, and often really dramatic or funny. It was really like being caught up in a movie with a great story.

-The challenge in this adventure was quite steep! I played on Hard (no difficulty mods) and I got thrashed by every monster I fought at the outset. Ah, but how satisfying it was to grow in power and gain levels and gear, to then come back and defeat those monsters! It was an interesting design: you start with an underleveled "Chapter II" Geralt in what is basically Chapter IV, so he has difficulty to start, but he quickly levels up since the monsters and quests give such good XP.

-There were a few different quests involving the law and law students (they also happened to involve a lot of alcohol and drinking - coincidence?). I enjoyed this since I was a student of law myself - this transformed something that people find dry and boring into some interesting quest material. I am actually shocked no one has put a trial sequence in a Witcher adventure before now.

-Quick travel with the horse and cart was a great touch. It made going from one end of the map to the other so much easier.

This is the last of my feedback for TW1 adventures, but I couldn't move on without leaving my appreciation to Fantasta and those who worked on this great mod. Thank you! If you decide to create adventures for TW2 then I am highly looking forward to it!

I put together a screenshot gallery for And a Curse, and Love, and Betrayal showing off all the cool people, places, and monsters.

Gotta find my old Witcher 1 for this. The Noonwraith scene was... beautiful as well frightening at the same time. So, you have my thumbs up!

Flixster said:
As I've said before, this is one of my very favorite adventures and I highly recommend it to anyone who is playing adventures for TW1. It's very ambitious, big and full of content, but it's also got quality to match.

-I thought the quests were very well designed and thought out. Like "Entrapped" and the main Witcher campaigns, this mod cries out for multiple playthoughs because the plot branches at various decision points, taking you down different paths and leading you to very different endings. This is true not just for the main quest but for side quests too (especially the Enchanted Circle). This is the hallmark of what a Witcher story should be.

-In a way, I think of the Enchanted Circle quest as part of the main quest as well. Even though it's not required to complete the adventure, it's very long and detailed and it provides important information to Geralt that he is looking for. I think I was most emotionally invested in this quest.

Thank you very much, Flixster for the review of the adventure :) I'm glad that you liked my quest The Enchanted Circle. I wanted to integrate it with the plot of the main quest, because the main quest did not answer an important question: What Yennefer was doing in the village? At the same time this was my sort of farewell to modding for The Witcher (later I only helped with The Crossroads and published the improved version of Entrapped), it was my last Witcher quest so I wanted to make it special and worth playing :)

-I thought the characters were interesting because they were almost all ambiguous in their morality. Geralt was never sure who to trust, because everyone has secrets and has some lies to tell. No one was instantly likable (or despicable), and there were both heroes and villains in unexpected places.

-The cutscenes were great fun to watch, and often really dramatic or funny. It was really like being caught up in a movie with a great story.
I made most of the cutscenes, but the best ones were created by Adam "Adrael" Wiśniowski: the opening cutscene, the kikimore queen, the noonwraiths and the showdown in the ruins.

-The challenge in this adventure was quite steep! I played on Hard (no difficulty mods) and I got thrashed by every monster I fought at the outset. Ah, but how satisfying it was to grow in power and gain levels and gear, to then come back and defeat those monsters! It was an interesting design: you start with an underleveled "Chapter II" Geralt in what is basically Chapter IV, so he has difficulty to start, but he quickly levels up since the monsters and quests give such good XP.
I was responsible for the implementation of the main quest and some game mechanics such as balance, so the challenge was my idea, and I was criticized a bit for it by some players. If anyone finds the adventure too difficult I recommend getting some useful tips on combat by reading my guide to monsters and side quests available in the download section of the adventure on Moddb.

-There were a few different quests involving the law and law students (they also happened to involve a lot of alcohol and drinking - coincidence?). I enjoyed this since I was a student of law myself - this transformed something that people find dry and boring into some interesting quest material. I am actually shocked no one has put a trial sequence in a Witcher adventure before now.
You can have a look at the first post to read the names of the people responsible for the quests. Also, you can check the folder The Witcher/Data/z_zmilosci; there you can find a txt file "Credits" and, if you have Bik Player, you can play the file cursenloven.bik to see the closing credits and listen to nice music by Grensir.

-Quick travel with the horse and cart was a great touch. It made going from one end of the map to the other so much easier.
Thanks. The idea was suggested by Wojciech "Dorwall" and I implemented it in the adventure.

This is the last of my feedback for TW1 adventures, but I couldn't move on without leaving my appreciation to Fantasta and those who worked on this great mod. Thank you! If you decide to create adventures for TW2 then I am highly looking forward to it!

I put together a screenshot gallery for And a Curse, and Love, and Betrayal showing off all the cool people, places, and monsters.
Thanks a lot for the review and gallery
Ah, those years devoted to making this adventure were not wasted :)
On behalf of the whole team I thank you for your appreciation of the adventure!

Flixster said:
Gotta find my old Witcher 1 for this. The Noonwraith scene was... beautiful as well frightening at the same time. So, you have my thumbs up!
The cutscene was created by Adrael. The interesting thing about it is that it is the first version of the scene. I liked it a lot, but it didn't appear in the final version of the adventure, you can find a shorter, more dynamic second version with a different music in the quest The Dealer's Dad. We had several problems with implementing the first version due to lighting and grass. If the player had the grass switched on, the sun reflexes in the rye and the height of the rye made it difficult to see what was going on. So I told Adrael to make a different version set in a different part of the fields. But I liked the first version so much that I decided to add music by Grensir to it and put the cutscene on YouTube.
Have fun with the adventure.

Top Bottom