Update 2.0

+
Playing on 3070@1440p, since the new Ray reconstruction is only with Path Tracing its obviously not playable without the custom ini config that reduces the bounce count.

Have set FPS limit to 30 since stable fps > higher but jumpy fps. A bit lame to play FPS with such limit but eye candy is enjoyable at least.

i want to make any offense but its more ( fix ) , patch 2.0 is very bad optimized so for your safety just roll back :)
patch 1.63 , 1080p rt medium , setting maxed out hight/ultra
temp on heavy task 75/80 °c max both cpu/GPU
patch , 1080p Rt low , GPU temps gping crazy over 85°c with 80% load ..Oo

after saw some strange behavior on game , just run a full check up for my cpu/GPU
all fines ^^

on other side game feel very responsive in combat , very smooth , but those drop framerate , ..
and those wied setting on FOV ..Oo..
there's something off on this patch 2.0
what gpu/cpu are you running? or console?

Playing on 3070@1440p, since the new Ray reconstruction is only with Path Tracing its obviously not playable without the custom ini config that reduces the bounce count.

Have set FPS limit to 30 since stable fps > higher but jumpy fps. A bit lame to play FPS with such limit but eye candy is enjoyable at least.
how was you GPU temp ..?
Post automatically merged:

what gpu/cpu are you running? or console?
laptop ,...
usual temp gaming on laptop mostly around 65/75 °c and can go on peak at 80°c for cpu

Just installed the 2.0 patch and now I'm wondering if the Benchmark Tool in the Settings menu still gives an accurate result for this specific 2.0 gameplay...

NPCs now scale to your level. Enemy difficulty is no longer dependent on what area of Night City you're in.
Loot now scales to your level.

Uhm... not sure why anyone would think this is a good idea (certainly not because it workes so well in other games...), but my main question is... why wasn't this quite heavy "design choice" announced or even mentioned before? Its not mentioned by a single pre-release information (not in official announcements, not in first-looks, previews or... ANYTHING), heck, even most reviews for PL don't say a single word about this! I mean, it is literally a game changer no matter if you like global level-scaling for whatever reason or not, probably an even bigger one than every other balance change that comes with the update (including skills, cyberware and so on). But all we get is a short info near the bottom of the patch notes. Downer.

Last edited:
Jury-rigged !Temp folder to manually install the update. Now Galaxy cannot even update "0.0 MB" because of "failed".
Galaxy refuses to start the game itself because the app loops failed updates now. Manually starting the game does work BUT I cannot "press space to continue". FML.
1695329300734.png

Same here. Faster, but failed twice as well.
Uninstalled, wiped remains, started new install.
Still says "54.29 GB".
Now I re-installed Galaxy and my WHOLE library is empty. I cannot even re-install the game...
Accessing the game's page does not allow me to install it either!

Empty library
1695330551870.png

No option to install
1695330529828.png

Never ever had any launcher or game itself ruin my experience as a user/consumer like this!

Last edited:
I am 70+hrs in to my fist play through and this upgrade wrecked my game.. I lost tons of crafting materials I spent forever gathering, all my mods gone off my weapons.. I wanted it, but not until after I finished this play through. really ruined this game for me right now.

So far, game has been working great for me on PS5 with a new game. Loving the update. More variety in NPCs, enjoying the inprovement to UI and skill trees, and loving the improvement to items. I remember many pieces of equipment being pointless due to same or similar stats. Love the improved detail and variety in the stats, even if minute.

Still some minor attention to details that could be improved with mainly AI and graphics but overall much better. Things like what random NPCs say vs the environment or situation they are in does not always align well. But the world feels a bit more lively and diverse.

Controls need some improvements though for controller. My Sensitivities feel decent but the Aim Assist is a little clunky at times--better than launch day though. Was on Standard mode but moved to Light. When going from hipfire to ADS, theres this minor "jump" in frames. Its not a smooth feel at times. This can be noticeable with AA in the way it "attaches" to enemies or gets near them--I dont use Snap AA as I hate this btw.

Honestly, I wished we had Gyro Aim though. Its WAAAAY better for aiming when implemented properly since it mimicks a mouse (no need for Aim Assist) plus you can free up your right thumb allowing for MUCH better fluidity and control when combining actions such as dodge and jump without losing control of your aim. Things like bunny hopping and air control is possible without losing your aim. This player shows it a bit off in CS:GO

Games like Fortnite have excellent Gyro Aim implementation. Would love to see it in this game since mobility and aiming is critical. Would make combat feel so much more intuitive on controller.

I have a question about 107.5 Dark Star, since it's electronic music will there be Celldweller music on the station? I feel like his music would fit in very well.

Galaxy screwed the update the second time. 5 hours wasted total! Fun times!
View attachment 11362279

I've run into a similar issue although I don't know if the cause is the same.

My update failure is apparently a disk access issue. The only issue is updating/installing Cyberpunk. No problem installing or updating other games through GOG. Updating Cyberpunk failed numerous times so I uninstalled the game completely and doing a reinstall still errors the same way so I'm out of luck playing the game at all now. I have 400 GB of free space on the SSD so it's not like I'm out of space.
Post automatically merged:

My update failure is apparently a disk access issue. The only issue is updating/installing Cyberpunk. No problem installing or updating other games through GOG. Updating Cyberpunk failed numerous times so I uninstalled the game completely and doing a reinstall still errors the same way so I'm out of luck playing the game at all now. I have 400 GB of free space on the SSD so it's not like I'm out of space.

I'm going to try disabling my AV disabled to see if this is the issue.

Last edited:
loot scaling, OK if it can't be helped, I'll live with that...

but enemy level scaling, that's a really bad design change.

oh, and a set of bugs found right away: on PC, instead of getting the key's you actually use on your keyboard and mouse,
you get some "A" and movement-cross and burger-menu-button displayed as if you were using a console controller or something.

"Press B", and when I press B, nothing happens, because the actual Key is space.
"Press cursor left", but the key I'd actuall should press is Q... and so on.

No message would be better than giving a confusion/not applicable one.

So, where have all the Maxdocs and BounceBacks gone?

Had a Level 50 character with a ton in his backpack: 2.0 left him with 2 of each (Tier 5, but still...). And all the places you could buy blueprints don't sell them - blueprints or huffers - any more, either!

Is this meant to be a feature? Make combat harder by yanking your healing? If so, not a fan.

EDIT:
Ah, so they decided to make these something that recharges... weird, but at least comprehensible!

Last edited:

I'm going to try disabling my AV disabled to see if this is the issue.

Well, I resolved my update/install problem. I disabled my AV and firewall and just successfully installed Cyberpunk. As to why this occurred now and never before is beyond me.

WTF is going on with under tops when you're not wearing a jacket? big neck seam breaks etc... it's even worse in photo mode, this happens:- (Xbox X)
Cyberpunk 2077-2023_09_21-23_50_45.jpg

A very unusual update. On the downside, I was very upset that all the clothes lost their armor rating. It was so hard to select a wardrobe, and spend a lot of elements on strengthening armor, and now it’s just clothes. Half of the upgraded weapons turned out to be worse than what you can buy in the store. There was no point in removing the first aid kits; they made V seem more alive. Of the good! The graphics are excellent, it is now possible to upgrade skills after level 50. Thanks for your hard work on the game, and thanks for the extra play in the street slot machines. Health to you all and peaceful skies!

Top Bottom