Upgrading Cyberware weird system

+
I find the cyberware upgrading system not well thought out. When you get presented the 3 options (one with the same as the current modifiers but often worse!, and two random versions) and you dont like any of these then you have to upgrade something else to get a new set of options.

Now this means you should buy a ton of white cyberware when it was offered because later you only get the high tier ones and then an upgrade for the sake of triggering a new set is like ? 100 times more costly. Thats not a good mechanic. Some reasonable price for a ++ uprgade when you already maxed the cyberware in order to switch the set of affixes would be an idea.

Even if you make the cyberware easier to tailor stats on it's gonna leave loot/crafting feeling like a vestige of old systems unless they are tied together again. If cyberware is your gear, then you need to find it. If they don't want you scavenging cyberware they should make a mod system so that you find things to plug into your cyberware for stats.

These systems were like legs on a chair and none of them were robust enough to stand on their own even before 2.0 gutted and simplified them. I keep asking myself why the game has numbers based rpg stats at all anymore.

I find the cyberware upgrading system not well thought out. When you get presented the 3 options (one with the same as the current modifiers but often worse!, and two random versions) and you dont like any of these then you have to upgrade something else to get a new set of options.

Now this means you should buy a ton of white cyberware when it was offered because later you only get the high tier ones and then an upgrade for the sake of triggering a new set is like ? 100 times more costly. Thats not a good mechanic. Some reasonable price for a ++ uprgade when you already maxed the cyberware in order to switch the set of affixes would be an idea.
The cyberwear is bare bones as it is. In the TTrpg you can customize to your hearts content as long as your body can handle it. Hope they expand on it in a sequel.

Top Bottom