V will not have the ability to dual wield weapons in this game (confirmed by Marcin)

+
Alright, genius, how do you propose they make it to where you can move the crosshairs two different ways? I chose my words poorly earlier, i admit that. But the point remains of having to split the focus. They can do it in movies because it's a person that can move freely. Games are restricted by what the technology is capable of, and it's not capable of such nonsense. That's what i meant by aiming down two different sights, not literally using the sights on the weapon.
What?? There are several games that have duel wielding. A couple of indie titles, Halo and Max Payne I think they're called, did it nearly twenty years ago. As for the matter of how nonsensical 'akimbo' would be in the realistic world of Cyberpunk 2077; That's preposterous. We're talking about a game featuring weapon highlights such as a talking burst pistol that shoots honing rounds and an oversized 'iconic' dildo.

What?? There are several games that have duel wielding. A couple of indie titles, Halo and Max Payne I think they're called, did it nearly twenty years ago. As for the matter of how nonsensical 'akimbo' would be in the realistic world of Cyberpunk 2077; That's preposterous. We're talking about a game featuring weapon highlights such as a talking burst pistol that shoots honing rounds and an oversized 'iconic' dildo.
I'm not saying games haven't had dual wielding. I'm taking about the idea of shooting at two different targets at the same time. There'd have to be two sets of crosshairs. The akimbo B.S. is nonsensical in reality, not in the fictional world of the game. I'm personally fine without it, but if they add it, they should make it like kotor and some other games where you have penalties for the offhand,

I'm not saying games haven't had dual wielding. I'm taking about the idea of shooting at two different targets at the same time. There'd have to be two sets of crosshairs. The akimbo B.S. is nonsensical in reality, not in the fictional world of the game. I'm personally fine without it, but if they add it, they should make it like kotor and some other games where you have penalties for the offhand,
Ah, I see. I'm fine without it also, but... ya know. It's a game. Traking two targets at the same time - this has actually been done. If Cyberpunk were a Third person shooter; It could incorporate that mechanic because the tech exists and if it didn't - It could be built First person? Sure, I don't see that working out too well other than VR. As for 'realism'; Ghost Recon doesn't even pretend to be a realistic shooter series anymore. I think the only things left you could even call that are ARMA and SQUAD, maybe?

Ah, I see. I'm fine without it also, but... ya know. It's a game. Traking two targets at the same time - this has actually been done. If Cyberpunk were a Third person shooter; It could incorporate that mechanic because the tech exists and if it didn't - It could be built First person? Sure, I don't see that working out too well other than VR. As for 'realism'; Ghost Recon doesn't even pretend to be a realistic shooter series anymore. I think the only things left you could even call that are ARMA and SQUAD, maybe?
If there's a lock on system, sure, but just hip firing at two different targets? I've never seen a game be able to split the character's focus like that. Look at the mexican standoff in RDR2. you have to keep switching back and forth between who you're focusing on.

In AC Valhalla you can even dual wield greatswords :coolstory:

Compared to that, going Akimbo doesn't look so unrealistic, after all Jackie does it :shrug:

In AC Valhalla you can even dual wield greatswords :coolstory:

Compared to that, going Akimbo doesn't look so unrealistic, after all Jackie does it :shrug:
Clearly not going for realism in combat, then, as most greatswords weigh enough that you'd have to be the size of Schwarzenegger to swing them one handed.

Given Jackie very rarely kills anyone, unless by breaking their neck, that doesn't really help the case of why they should add akimbo, more an example of why not to.

Cyberpunk is always going to (hopefully) be a balance between attempted realism and Rule of Cool.

You aren't teleporting, dual wielding laser blasters using magic powers atop your adamantium surfboard, no. That's not Cyberpunk. At least not near-future Cyberpunk. You can't see it from here, as it were.

Likewise you can't just whip around firing heavy weapons one-handed all day, without cyberware.

Adam Jensen has superpowers - but they are contained in a matrix of quasi-solid science and within modern-ish parameters.

Dual wielding is silly, realism-wise, yes. If you want to do it in context, then you would need cyber or bioware. And even so, it's going to be less accurate than a stabilized shooting platform.

The Rule of Cool is important in Cyberpunk, but it's not the only thing by far.

Dual wielding is silly, realism-wise, yes. If you want to do it in context, then you would need cyber or bioware. And even so, it's going to be less accurate than a stabilized shooting platform.
The "only" weapons that possibly still accurate should be smart handguns (With maybe a dedicated @ expansive legendary hand cyberware "dual smart link"). With other handguns, bullets should go everywhere except where you aiming and with a very, very long reload time (a free hand is required to reload...) :D

I'm personally fine without it, but if they add it, they should make it like kotor and some other games where you have penalties for the offhand,

I like that!

Games like this should be about trade offs to give choices tactical repercussions. I had a philosophy in the combat mods I made that you could try to do anything you wanted (the game would not say sorry you cannot do that) and instead show you WHY maybe you should not do that. For example in my combat Archery mod for Oblivion and also Skyrim I allowed you to fire two arrows at once.

However the damage done by each arrow was less because you are splitting the bow's power into the two arrows.

The way I solved aiming two at the same time was to use what use to be called "bullet time" so you could aim at one guy click your mouse to "mark" them then aim at the second guy and fire. One arrow would go one way the other would go the other. It was a small window (you could not fire one all the way left and the other all the way right) but it was enough to hit two targets in a crowd. Depending on your characters skill and the combat circumstances (like if you were running or had low stamina) the arrows could hit or miss separately.

see here:

I have always preferred that games do not level block you on anything and instead make you VERY bad at what you are trying to do unless your character's skill is appropriate. Because sometimes you get lucky, and sometimes you creatively find a situation where the cons do not matter as much (like the idea to use two guns for suppression). Basically I would like to see more combat systems that include creativity by the player.

Example, my mod that allows players to INVENT their own feints:

Last edited:

Your avatar disagrees. lol

Sorry for OT.

So, got interested and went to check Cyberpunk Red and Cyberpunk 2020 to see if rules existed for Dual Wielding and I found this on page 98 of the Cyberpunk 2020 sourcebook:

Two Weapon Attacks
Two weapon attacks can be made at a -3 to
hit penalty on both weapons used.

So, I looked further and the only way to lessen the penalty seems to be with a Smartgun with Smartlink (+2) + The Targeting Scope Cyberoptic Implant (+1 when using Smartguns).

However, that's only in Cyberpunk 2020. Unless I missed something, i couldn't find anything for dual wielding in Cyberpunk Red (Which takes place around the same time as 2077).

So yeah, Dual Wielding with a penalty unless you have the right implants and are using a smartgun is at least doable in one version of the tabletop, so it does exist in the Cyberpunk universe.

Do with this information as you wish, I don't care about dual wielding one way or the other since I mostly use Shotguns and Gorilla Arms in my playthroughs.

Top Bottom