Vampire Deck Strange Behaviour

+
Can any of the vampire players tell me if there is a hidden feature for these types of decks? I encountered 4 of them today, and without any notice when one unit drains or one gets killed through draining another totally unrelated unit of mine just vanishes. This makes it an extremely op deck, so I would like to know the mechanic behind this. Would love to try it myself!

Could you specify what kinds of units were played ?

From what you are describing, I have the feeling that your opponent destroyed or consumed one of his units (maybe with a fleder ?). Then, since the destroyed unit had a deathwish ability (like the manticore for example), it destroyed one of your own units.

If it's not the case, then, more details would be appreciated :).

I try to remember as much as possible. First off, I'm aware of deathwish and that there is a leader and there are even cards (both units and ability) that can activate such deathwish. But here it was a deck that concentrated on just one thing: Adding bleeding to my cards. All names I use are from GwentUP, so I hope they are correct. At one point 2/3 of my full field were bleeding. Cards used were
Dettlaff
Plumard
Cutthroat
Orianna
Queen of the night
Garkain
and some others that I don't exactly recall, but inflict bleeding.

None of the (I don't know the right word) growing cards were involved and only two cards with deathwish, that I could control quickly. It might have been coincidence, but the strange behaviour started right after two Oriannas were on the battlefield. That deck was exactly the same from two different players, and I faced it 4 times with repeating results, which is that non-bleeding units disappeared most probably (I'm really not sure exactly, because there was a lot of action per round from the bleeding and it was difficult to see any coherences) when one of my units died from bleeding. It must be a game mechanic, since the non-bleeding, no-animation disappearing ones were counted to the graveyard.

I don't know if they had that but I've noticed that the protofleder (can't bother to check the spelling) is acting weird upon play. It does what it says, but it happened to me a couple times that the damage/drain was inflicted first out of nowhere, and they the vampire appeared with its boost, instead of seeing the card played and then the damage inflicted. It surprised me everytime like "what the hell happened? Oh, him again"

I don't know if they had that but I've noticed that the -P-rotofleder (can't bother to check the spelling - It is correct) is acting weird upon play. It does what it says, but it happened to me a couple times that the damage/drain was inflicted first out of nowhere, and the-n- the vampire appeared with its boost, instead of seeing the card played and then the damage inflicted. It surprised me everytime like "what the hell happened? Oh, him again"

I agree to this, as it happened to me during online play but from playing against Vampire Protofleder. Though, I don't know if this happens to other vampires' effect before it hits the board however Protofleder definitely does happen like what was described in this forum topic "quote" section.

I don't know if they had that but I've noticed that the protofleder (can't bother to check the spelling) is acting weird upon play. It does what it says, but it happened to me a couple times that the damage/drain was inflicted first out of nowhere, and they the vampire appeared with its boost, instead of seeing the card played and then the damage inflicted. It surprised me everytime like "what the hell happened? Oh, him again"
I agree to this, as it happened to me during online play but from playing against Vampire Protofleder. Though, I don't know if this happens to other vampires' effect before it hits the board however Protofleder definitely does happen like what was described in this forum topic "quote" section.
O that sounds like the mystery is solved! It's possible that it was something like that, since I wouldn't expect such a behaviour and didn't connect the dots.
So, no hidden feature (damn!), but just a reversed sequence from the game. Thanks!

Top Bottom