Vehicle and Weapon Customization

+
I am sure its been suggested, but I was on my way to play the game so didn't search the forums exhaustively before posting.

Mea Culpa.

I would really just like the ability to go to a shop (like Claire's... another way to introduce her character) and change my vehicle around a little. At the start, just let us choose the paint job, over time, maybe add the ability to tweak the vehicle to make it more ours.

Likewise, maybe help out your friendly block gun merchant Wilson and turn him into the preem gun enthusiast bespoke weapons vendor. Allow us to select a weapon from our inventory and apply a different skin/paint job to it.

Again, initial offering is meagre, just changing the skin to any of the skins available in game for that weapon type. Maybe later allow further customization where you can pick various colors and stickers and apply them to the weapon where you want to.

It's just cosmetic but in this game, style is important right? Also, your vehicle and your weapons are how you interact with much of this game as its first person only so you see your guns/weapons a lot out of your vehicle and, in you vehicle, I find most people shift to the only third person mode you have for driving, so you're seeing the outside of your car, a lot.

OH - As a perk for the 'Tech' tree gate the ability to customize weapons and vehicles behind levels of the tech attribute, so that folks with high tech/crafting can change their ride/iron without having to visit Claire or Wilson.

I am sure its been suggested, but I was on my way to play the game so didn't search the forums exhaustively before posting.

Mea Culpa.

I would really just like the ability to go to a shop (like Claire's... another way to introduce her character) and change my vehicle around a little. At the start, just let us choose the paint job, over time, maybe add the ability to tweak the vehicle to make it more ours.

Likewise, maybe help out your friendly block gun merchant Wilson and turn him into the preem gun enthusiast bespoke weapons vendor. Allow us to select a weapon from our inventory and apply a different skin/paint job to it.

Again, initial offering is meagre, just changing the skin to any of the skins available in game for that weapon type. Maybe later allow further customization where you can pick various colors and stickers and apply them to the weapon where you want to.

It's just cosmetic but in this game, style is important right? Also, your vehicle and your weapons are how you interact with much of this game as its first person only so you see your guns/weapons a lot out of your vehicle and, in you vehicle, I find most people shift to the only third person mode you have for driving, so you're seeing the outside of your car, a lot.

OH - As a perk for the 'Tech' tree gate the ability to customize weapons and vehicles behind levels of the tech attribute, so that folks with high tech/crafting can change their ride/iron without having to visit Claire or Wilson.
Tough luck if you're on console, but if on PC, try this out.

Yeah, I saw that mod, I'd rather it be a game feature and not a mod, especially as this one affects save files and that makes me 'concerned'.
Also, it doesn't affect cosmetics, just changes performance and handling etc.

I certainly applaud the modder for their work, but prefer it 'official'.

Yes I think it's kind've silly that there are Ripperdocs to swap out and upgrade your personal body chrome.. but the cars are unchangable and behave exactly like they do in 2023. In a future like this, where everyone is upgrading themselves, it seems only proper that there would be Ripperdoc equivalents for upgrading our rides. I'm talking machine guns on the fenders. Hovercraft mods on the wheels, heat, and night vision windwshield, color changing paint, cloaking devices, missile launchers, gunner turrets, jumping cars, nitro/nuclear boosts.. I don't know, the sky is the limit. We do jack into them sometimes. Like that tank on Panam's quest. Seems like a big task, maybe for the sequel. But definitely a part of the universe I'd love to see.

4034-1646588823-32430419.png

At the very least I would appreciate the option to use another Variant of the vehicle you bought that you can find in night city. For example, I found the Arch Nazarè motorcycle owned by a Tyger Claw (left), and I thought it was really cool so I bought one of my own (right) so I could keep using it, but it doesn't have the cool Purple/Green color scheme and raised seat that I liked about the bike in the first place. It shouldn't be too hard to implement the option to use another "skin" so to speak. But if CDPR implemented a full fledged vehicle customization system, I would be a huge fan of it.

Edit: Just now realized that the Purple one has like a cool Oni figurehead too, further adding to my point

Attachments

• motorcycles.png
    motorcycles.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Top Bottom