Vehicle headlights barely light up anything. Road is pitch black in the desert.

+
I can barely see the road at night. Headlights don't work unless really close to an object. If I turn up the brightness, it's slightly easier to see, but that's because the black levels are being lifted across everything which looks like crap. Headlights need a complete overhaul.

Two examples linked below. (High beams on).

First person inside car:

Third person in the same spot:

You can see just how dim the lights are in third person. No wonder you can see literally nothing in first person view.

Last edited:
I can barely see the road at night. Headlights don't work unless really close to an object. If I turn up the brightness, it's slightly easier to see, but that's because the black levels are being lifted across everything which looks like crap. Headlights need a complete overhaul.

Two examples linked below.

First person inside car:

Third person in the same spot:

You can see just how dim the lights are in third person. No wonder you can see literally nothing in first person view.

Felt the same when playing too, and there shouls be a gun flashlight mod too. All car's current headlights basically do nothing. This needs to be fixed.

Imagine hi-beams. Not available in the future.
That's not the problem. Very bright lights are everywhere, but as blinding as they are, they don't disperse any light. Even with RT on. There isn't a difference in the dark. It just makes the bright brighter. Dark is still the same.

Felt the same when playing too, and there shouls be a gun flashlight mod too. All car's current headlights basically do nothing. This needs to be fixed.
Yes a gun flashlight is needed. Such a basic thing. Can't believe they missed that. There are so many dark corridors which would not be so bad with a flashlight.

There is hi-beam. Whatever your lights key is mapped to, press it again for high-beam. There is: off, normal, and high.

Tail lights on NPC cars out in the desert were also a problem for me I was flying along in the yes VERY dark night on Jacki's bike and not one car in the desert had taillights tho I've always seen them in the city on cars(or never noticed any in the city without them) Well I mean I at least there are actually High Beams available but apparently they aren't more useful. I'm also "attempting" to use HDR which is almost a mystery with the options and settings available so I just did my best in a dark place turning it on and off and try to get it as close to HDR off as I could but HDR still has a tendency to make dark genuinely dark. BFV does it so well it's downright terrifying at night. But with the terrible adjustments and lack thereof trying to avoid making it to bright makes all these arguments for better headlights and flashlights even more valid to me
Hey how about an NVG cybermod? I find myself using my scanner quite often because it kinda acts like it enough to get me through some of the darker areas..

Edit; Actually could anyone using a gamepad happen to know what key High Beams are the only driving button mentioned in the Game pad controls is E-Brake,,,I found the keyboard key but there is no Driving Controls scheme on PC that I can seem to find hopefully someone knows the right button

Last edited:
Tail lights on NPC cars out in the desert were also a problem for me I was flying along in the yes VERY dark night on Jacki's bike and not one car in the desert had taillights tho I've always seen them in the city on cars(or never noticed any in the city without them) Well I mean I at least there are actually High Beams available but apparently they aren't more useful. I'm also "attempting" to use HDR which is almost a mystery with the options and settings available so I just did my best in a dark place turning it on and off and try to get it as close to HDR off as I could but HDR still has a tendency to make dark genuinely dark. BFV does it so well it's downright terrifying at night. But with the terrible adjustments and lack thereof trying to avoid making it to bright makes all these arguments for better headlights and flashlights even more valid to me
Hey how about an NVG cybermod? I find myself using my scanner quite often because it kinda acts like it enough to get me through some of the darker areas..

Edit; Actually could anyone using a gamepad happen to know what key High Beams are the only driving button mentioned in the Game pad controls is E-Brake,,,I found the keyboard key but there is no Driving Controls scheme on PC that I can seem to find hopefully someone knows the right button

I use an elite controller on PC and its the X button i believe for the headlights from normal to high beam to off.

The 911 Porsche turbo has overpowered headlights. On PC use the ALT button to switch modes. That's the only fix to pitch dark night driving. When the going gets dark the Porsche gets going. Get out of your car and call it when you need it

Why do I even need headlights when I have cybernetic eyes?

Why do my Kiroshis not have nightvision? They were EXPENSIVE.

At the minimum why is there not a Mod for the cyber-eyes to enable nightvision?
There was a topic about that and it came down to that we couldn't figure out how to map it to controller. I made a post about it to "if you could ask developer a question" topic but I don't expect them reply any questions any time soon.

There was a topic about that and it came down to that we couldn't figure out how to map it to controller.

For passive nightvision you don’t need to map it to a controller, it’s just always on. When it is light the player sees normally. When it is dark the player can still see, but the system applies a visual filter so the player is aware it is actually dark.

If you prefer a nightvision mechanic that is not always on, and needs to be activated, then you just make it part of the scanner the player already uses. When the player activates the scanner they can see normally (again with a visual filter, but the scanner already does that).

Headlights should still be fixed, obviously, but the issue of players not being able to see in dark places (which are plentiful) is a game play problem and also a story/immersion downer. But there are so many higher priority tasks for the team right now that I think it’ll have to wait a while.

For passive nightvision you don’t need to map it to a controller, it’s just always on. When it is light the player sees normally. When it is dark the player can still see, but the system applies a visual filter so the player is aware it is actually dark.
This could work but in lore it's infravision and features like that in eye cyberware and we were trying to come up with a solution that is both, lore and player friendly.

Headlights should still be fixed, obviously, but the issue of players not being able to see in dark places (which are plentiful) is a game play problem and also a story/immersion downer. But there are so many higher priority tasks for the team right now that I think it’ll have to wait a while.
I actually didn't encounter but very few places where I had this issue and I have 100% for all districts. I have been wondering if there is another factor to this to do with HRD implementation.

This could work but in lore it's infravision and features like that in eye cyberware and we were trying to come up with a solution that is both, lore and player friendly.

From a narrative design standpoint 2077 has a lot of open road, due to the decades that it has to itself lore-wise. I would have opted to include “movie nightvision”, and if we didn’t feel the original 2020/2050 tech-lore supported it, that’s fine, because it can be newer tech developed in the decades since.

Lore is important to me, but obviously it’s also important to give weight to game play. It’s possible to come up with clever narrative reasons to justify some pretty bizarre artifacts of game play. Nightvision seems like one you could justify.

Top Bottom