Visuals to Come + Future Trailer Ideas

+

Does the 2018 trailer conflict with the 2013 trailer?

• Total voters
They probably realised that constant Night or rain would be weird.

But since our profesion wil be a contractor,it's quite possible that most of the game will take place at night or in dark places.

I'm all for the NC in this trailer. I love the dark, serious, gritty Bladerunner style cyberpunk, but I also love the red mohawks, glitzy chrome, & the high frequency buzz of neon. Deus Ex was a good game, but I never felt pulled in because I only ever felt the one stark emotional tone & the world is too samey, this looks vibrant and alive, serious, abhorrent, frivolous, and indulgent. There isn't much to go on yet though so who knows.

Personally, I am all for more punk in my cyber, but then I'm the sort to mix sugar and blue shock into his morning kibble.

They probably realised that constant Night or rain would be weird.

But since our profesion wil be a contractor,it's quite possible that most of the game will take place at night or in dark places.

Yeah, the constant demand for constant rain and gloom is just odd. Over in another thread they don't seem to get that the sun still exists and the weather can be clear. XP

Yeah, the constant demand for constant rain and gloom is just odd. Over in another thread they don't seem to get that the sun still exists and the weather can be clear. XP
I think the big thing is that you can just sleep/wait till night if that's the gameplay you want. I'm sure some missions will automatically be one or the other, but TW3 handled it quite well (most missions could be done at whatever time of day you happened to stumble upon them, except for a few that skipped time).

I think the big thing is that you can just sleep/wait till night if that's the gameplay you want. I'm sure some missions will automatically be one or the other, but TW3 handled it quite well (most missions could be done at whatever time of day you happened to stumble upon them, except for a few that skipped time).

It'll be interesting to see then if they have certain missions that are only available during certain time periods for immersion and such. Not going have a mysterious meet up in the middle of the day during lunch hour are ya?

It'll be interesting to see then if they have certain missions that are only available during certain time periods for immersion and such. Not going have a mysterious meet up in the middle of the day during lunch hour are ya?
What ever do you mean? I do that every time I play Assassin's Creed. Isn't that normal?

I know there will be day and night cycles. I'm mostly just disappointed that they chose a bright and sunny aesthetic as their first impression to the world. Feels like they don't understand what Cyberpunk was supposed to be, based on the old quotes and source books. But if the creator has changed his mind about what Night City is, that's his perogative.

• RED Point
Reactions: Yex
I know there will be day and night cycles. I'm mostly just disappointed that they chose a bright and sunny aesthetic as their first impression to the world. Feels like they don't understand what Cyberpunk was supposed to be, based on the old quotes and source books. But if the creator has changed his mind about what Night City is, that's his perogative.

Well as you said, it's up to CDPR and Mike to decide how they will visual Night City. ANd saying they don't understand is a mistake, Mike Pondsmith wrote Cyberpunk 2020 and CDPR have been long time players of Cyberpunk 2020. I think they know what they are doing here.

Without trying to compare too much, i always thought of Bladerunner when playing Cyberpunk.
Dark, wet, neons.....

bladerunner.jpeg

• RED Point
of course!!! the realism of day cycle can give 1000 face to NC and its very cool! In TW3 the game never look the same, by weather, and by day hour, î cant imagine 100 hour of game by night or cloudy ! could be boring and frustrating! CDP give us the choice like in TW3 and its a good point! stop this stupid fixation with "cyberpunk is the night or its cloudy because polution and blablabla its just our world....in the futur. As say higher the world can be dark also by day under the sun.....

I imagine the vast majority of people familiar with various cyberpunk aesthetics generally imagine similar settings consisting of rainy nights and the like and while this is my preferred setting, I feel that it makes sense to include contrast in a game as expansive and likely time consuming as what the finished product will be.

I plan on putting several hundred hours into this game and while I was shocked by the E3 2018 trailer being set predominantly during the day, the end result was me left longing for the wet, rainy nights I dream of. Now they will be all the more appreciated when I experience them.

^ Personally, I'll just use a trainer to keep the weather locked to night + rain.
Then again, I'm one of those freaks who actually prefers cyberpunk with a natural variety of environmental conditions. Especially snow.

• RED Point
I was disappointed too.
I had waited years to learn more about this dark, gritty world the first trailer showed us.
But this new trailer... it wasn't giving me the feelings my expectations from the first trailer signed up for!
So I rush to the forums here. Aha! They understand. They even know how to describe it. It did give GTA vibes. I didn't want GTA, I wanted Cyberpunk. I wanted more of the first trailer.

And then I sat there a moment. And then I watched the trailer a couple more times. This... this is cyberpunk. It has everything and more about what cyberpunk should be. So why is it we're complaining that it's not cyberpunk enough?
Even with my realization, things still didn't feel right. It still gave off a GTA vibe.

Ok, so what's a big part of GTA? Right, shooting and cars. Which... we did get a lot of in this trailer. And when our main character in the trailer is zooming around in his car and playing with guns... I think our brains went 'ah... so I'm gonna be shooting and driving around a lot while the rest of the city does the other things.' And we worry that our cyberpunk dreams may not be fulfilled in this game.

However, we know from previous word that this is not what the game is set up for us to do. Though, it totally should be an option, because it is indeed a part of cyberpunk. And it is a thing some are excited to play.

I think they made a good choice using this trailer to gain attention from others. It's flashy and action packed... more mainstreamed. Which is a word some people hate, but it goes to show others that aren't super into cyberpunk, that they can play the game and enjoy it too.

What I would like to see from future trailers is different roles that are possible in the game.
For example, instead of shooting, fighting and lots of noise... maybe something quiet, filled with tension and tech.
I think it would be great if future trailers each showed a unique way to play the game, with each trailer enticing a different type of player.

I'm curious on what kinds of trailers everyone else would be interested in. Share your thoughts and ideas too~

Top Bottom