Was this online match fake?

+
Was this online match fake?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpTRzKW14gg

Sorry for asking, but don't these matches look fake to you as well?

In the first game, he puts two Malenas close to each other in the same row (Radovid could lock both of them and basically scrap the entire deck's strategy), a huge mistake.
But the opponent must be mentally challenged, because for some reason he misses that.
Has he ever used Radovid?

In the second game, welcome to the only Henselt who does NOT use Roach (a Rank 13?), and leaves a weakened 1 Str SiegeTower on the board -when the enemy is playing V.Officers- instead of making the whole siege row Gold for a 18+power swing and an easy win.
Also, Shani on Malena?!
No Dandelion, Baron, Nenneke, KoB showing up at all? (was it such a bad hand, or he did not even have them in the deck?)

In the 3rd game, he opens with 2 elves before actually summoning Malena with Brouver.
(why not playing her immediately if you plan to use Brouver for her?)
Also, another opponent who does not use Roach (while playing NG...not using Vilgefortz?). And wastes G.Igni on a 8 Str unit instead of waiting for Ele'yas -Isengrim pretty much guarantees he'll show up- or the chance to kill a bigger unit.

What do you say guys, is it just me being paranoid?

Only cared enough to watch the first game. But you're right, he could've taken both Melenas along with Roach but didn't for... whatever reason. I'm not a fan of that lineup either, having Melena x2 and Operator is like yelling for someone to scorch all 3. Could've been a set up (friend) match for sure.

I stopped watching Merchant because he makes tons of macro mistakes that drive me crazy to watch. He's more of an entertainer than someone to learn from. Checkout Swim, he's a great player that rarely makes big mistakes (and importantly recognizes when he does). I probably learned the most from watching him.

IAxiiYourMother;n8476570 said:
I stopped watching Merchant because he makes tons of macro mistakes that drive me crazy to watch. He's more of an entertainer than someone to learn from. Checkout Swim, he's a great player that rarely makes big mistakes (and importantly recognizes when he does). I probably learned the most from watching him.

I will do that, happy to know I was not imagining things:cheers:

Radovid was straight up bonkers for not using his Leader power, but Henselt obviously didn't have Promote and didn't want to burn his ability too early, which ended badly for him.

i watched many Gwent matches on YouTube and the chance is high someone fake matches to make some tactics work. Like Keira Metz power swing, perfect bekkas mirror or that what you showed us.
But it's also possible that they just streamed for houres and picked out the best matches and put them on YouTube. If I play 30+ matches, the chance is big I meet someone who make those mistakes.

Also I watched Swim after your recommendation. I don't like him. He always look bored and behave arrogant. I rather prefer someone with lesser skill but more likable.

Top Bottom