Weekly Poll 11/5/18 - RPG Life Simulator Aspects

+

How much life simulator role-playing do you want in CP2077?

• Total voters
no stupid timewasters, please.

I did make Sanctuary from Fallout 4 nice, but it gets annoying and ridiculous when having to repeat it for each camp. That was just a weird thing to add, from a gameplay perspective.

Anyway, I have faith in CDPR to get it right, whatever they decide to do.
I understand where you are coming from, would you have prefered the option to delegate the builds to an AI, given a specific material stockpile, on a site by site basis?

2 1/2 and 6.

I like the option to do stuff but would hate for it to be a mandatory chore.
But I'd like to have doing it have some consequences, just doing stuff for the sake of doing it because you can is rather pointless.

Well i voted the one stuff can be implemented in manner it will spice up the immersion i can give you an example. Project zomboid is a game about survive the zombie apocalypse so in the end all you have to do is avoid to get killed drink and eat to stay alive.
But also in the game you can for example cook whatever you wish with the ingredient and the kitchen tools you have. Pointless for gameplay? well maybe.

But it does spice up the immersion quite a lot.

I like systems that work like many Skyrim mods (my favorite is Realistic Needs and Diseases) that have "light" or customizable versions. I think that systems that are constantly bugging you about being hungry / thirsty / tired are mostly annoying. As most open world games are usually in the tune of 30-60 minutes of day, and the same amount of time for night. Needing 3 meals a day and 8 hours of sleep...means that the game is bugging you about something every 5-15 minutes. That's pestering. Slower games (like SCUM...which I looove), can do intricate detail with needs, but the game itself is much, much more slow-paced than many people would prefer (about 4 hours of day and 2 hours of night). You still seem to get hungry a bit too often to be "realistic", but it's not that intrusive because it's so much more spread out in real-time.

Ideally, I like systems that work as follows:
  • You need to eat at least once per day. If not, you suffer penalties, but will not "starve to death". The penalties will simply increase until they become problematic and ultimately crippling.
  • What you eat will provide you with specific bonuses. Characters will wind up with favorite foods, as they nicely augment their abilities and playstyles. Nothing huge. Just a noticeable edge.
  • Sleep works the same way. It's perfectly possible for someone to push for 48 hours without becoming an invalid. I'd say minor penalties after 24 hours, crippling penalties after 48 hours.
  • Illness creates very specific penalties, sort of like "reverse food". It may go away on its own, or it may escalate, resulting in more severe penalties. It can be treated at any point, but an advanced illness must be treated to be cured.
  • Alcohol / narcotics / potions / stims provide either a.) a decent boost in one area and an equal penalty in another until it wears off, or b.) a massive boost in one area, followed by a massive crash in the same area when it wears off.
Aside from that, nothing about food or sleep will directly "kill" a player. It just adds color and flavor.

Last edited:
deally, I like systems that work as follows:
  • You need to eat at least once per day. If not, you suffer penalties, but will not "starve to death". The penalties will simply increase until they become problematic and ultimately crippling.
  • What you eat will provide you with specific bonuses. Characters will wind up with favorite foods, as they nicely augment their abilities and playstyles. Nothing huge. Just a noticeable edge.
  • Sleep works the same way. It's perfectly possible for someone to push for 48 hours without becoming an invalid. I'd say minor penalties after 24 hours, crippling penalties after 48 hours.
  • Illness creates very specific penalties, sort of like "reverse food". It may go away on its own, or it may escalate, resulting in more severe penalties. It can be treated at any point, but an advanced illness must be treated to be cured.
  • Alcohol / narcotics / potions / stims provide either a.) a decent boost in one area and an equal penalty in another until it wears off, or b.) a massive boost in one area, followed by a massive crash in the same area when it wears off.
I agree with all of this. I also would like a slower passage of day night than appeared to be the case in the demo. Something more like 6 seconds = 1 minute (144 minute days). That makes life sim elements less tedious than the typical 96 minute days.

That makes life sim elements less tedious than the typical 96 minute days.

Yeah, that pace of: "I'm hungry." Eat a steak. Walk to the next town. Go to trade... "I'm hungry." Eat another steak and an apple. "Oof, I'm stuffed!" Trade a few things. Go into my inventory to arrange the gear. Walk across the street to the blacksmiths... "I'm hungry."

:cautious:

I like systems that work like many Skyrim mods (my favorite is Realistic Needs and Diseases) that have "light" or customizable versions. I think that systems that are constantly bugging you about being hungry / thirsty / tired are mostly annoying. As most open world games are usually in the tune of 30-60 minutes of day, and the same amount of time for night. Needing 3 meals a day and 8 hours of sleep...means that the game is bugging you about something every 5-15 minutes. That's pestering. Slower games (like SCUM...which I looove), can do intricate detail with needs, but the game itself is much, much more slow-paced than many people would prefer (about 4 hours of day and 2 hours of night). You still seem to get hungry a bit too often to be "realistic", but it's not that intrusive because it's so much more spread out in real-time.

Ideally, I like systems that work as follows:
Aside from that, nothing about food or sleep will directly "kill" a player. It just adds color and flavor.

That's a pretty good sum up.

I want to be able to:
  • customize how my character looks
  • customize their house
  • Customize their vehicles
  • Be able to eat and drink like in red dead redemption 2
  • Be able to get drunk
  • Choose what they wear
  • Have dialogue options
  • Have a lot of small details that make the world more realistic.

While I generally like stuff like cooking, home decoration etc., it always gets tedious at some point unless it is 100% optional. That's why I'm not sure what sort of aspects I would like -- or whether I want them at all.

Also, if the systems are not implemented well (*cough* trying to place objects in Skyrim houses *cough*), then they will only get frustrating. "Well" is hugely subjective here, too.

I'd like the first option because it would be great way to fully increase immersion. Of course I would want it to be optional, as having to do chores in a video game is worse than in real life.

Like they way red dead redemption 2 made the outlaw lifestyle come to life with every mechanic they put in the game

would love to just go and sit in a restaurant and soak up the atmosphere in this game. That would be so cool, the more simulation the player can participate in the better.

players that quote 1 r usually the 1st 1s 2 complain that the game is 2 realistic when the devs actually make it such XD

2 and 6.
I want the *option* of being able to indulge in the minutia of cyberpunk life, but I don't want to be bogged down by it. I want my V to grab a bowl at a street vendor, Deckard style, for a small benefit without my feeling pressured by a nagging UI element. There are times I love tedium for the sake of immersion, and there are times where I just want to get things DONE.

Sleeping Dogs carried this off perfectly, in my opinion; it's one of the most cyberpunk games that's not a cyberpunk game

Mass Effects sounds good to me but Fallout 4 is too much. Hopefully theres plenty of girls to bang too. Yeah, wish there was something similiar to GTA's stripclubs, maybe Clubs? You could go and find girls. Higher your fashion score, better girls you're gonna score tec.

I think Clubbing is a match for Cyberpunk. Flashing lights, people like to dress better, make up better, crazier hair styles, glamour, are generally wilder, clubbers like drugs, casual sex etc. Just like how I imagine Cyberpunk to be honestly and it has never been done in any game.

Last edited:
Man people like their sims. I don't get it. Sim mechanics get in the way of fun in an RPG.
Well, don't worry. You can be 100% sure there won't be any here. Just not something CDPR has ever done, and they've made it very clear what kind of game this is.

In fact, I'm betting there won't even be animations for drinking at a bar. Probably just like Witcher 3, magic consumables! :ROFLMAO:

Man people like their sims. I don't get it. Sim mechanics get in the way of fun in an RPG.

Fun is subjective. One persons fun can be another persons annoyance.

Me, I love immersion. There needs to be certain amount of details to tickle my willing suspension of disbelief, plus the world has to make sense.

Top Bottom