Weekly Poll - 8/13/2019 - Gang Activities

+

What roles do you most want gangs to play in Night City?

• Total voters
So last week, we talked a bit about which gangs we wanted to see in Cybrepunk 2077. Following up on that is another question ... What roles do you most want gangs to play in Night City? Limited to three responses ...

As always, you can see all of the collected weekly polls here.

Last edited:
3, 5, 9.

Gangs are a great way to underline the social issues since they often "take it to the extreme".

I would like to see at least 1 gang and relevant part of the city (depending on your actions) that would render venturing into that part of the city extremely dangerous, borderline impossible. But efficiency of this depends on the general mood of the game, if it will be like Witcher 3 with zero consequences for dying then whatever, but if you lose for example half your gear if you get killed than you would think twice before driving around aimlessly.

4, 7, 9. I actually don't like the idea of each gang being the "Faction" of a given district, dictating its style, theme, etc. That seems quite unrealistic to me, as there are usually many gangs or factions in any given place in the real world. Small pockets of a district could be dominated by one gang, sure, but an entire area? Ehh..

I'd prefer gangs to exist as potential allies, and definitely ways to get differing perspectives on the politics and environment of Night City where appropriate. They all have different goals, life experiences, etc.

There should never be a gang that is just an "enemy to shoot at." Hopefully the scavengers from the 2018 demo get more characterization in that regard in the full game.

I wish I could help some Gangs I like. Sucks if they are enemies. Cyberpsychos should be shoot to kill but not gangs, speaking of cyberpsychos I wouldnt mind if they were some really screwed up individuals with all kind of mental issues etc. Little bit of psychology only makes this series more interesting.

Last edited:
We voted the same! You should probably be concerned.

Oh I agree. That's why "primarily" is there.
Hah, I know this is a joke, but historically our tastes in games have been pretty close to identical, so it doesn't surprise me.

Do you think the scavenger gang is just a plot device, or an actual gang that you'll be able to interact with on a level beyond shooting? The way they were portrayed in the 2018 demo made them feel more like the former, which is OK if they don't show up again.

Rawls some of your best work here , so hard to pick because i like all of the options .

A quick question on the lore , can you work for gangs in 2020 ?
Post automatically merged:

Okay i voted 4 , 5 and 9 but i could have voted for all of them .

A quick question on the lore , can you work for gangs in 2020 ? .

I hope I can ally with them, it gives that dystopia feeling, gangs have became a "standard" so to speak. In most games, gangs are just something to shoot at, it would give nice twist on the series if they werent just shooting-targets. But yeah, but who are the enemies we kill if not gangs, Nomads? Corps? I think it would be fun if we could choose our enemies, player can choose what he hates and likes.

Last edited:
2, 7, 8, 10
10 being like 8 A way to get access to certain unique types of gear but that gear will ONLY give you street cred if your wearing their unique type of gear, now as you wear that gear it will give bonuses when work with that gang in a side quest but on the other hand if you have to work with a member in a differet gang your street cred with them is below your normal when you are wearing that gear, now say if your one the street wearing that gear and a gang member from a different gang see's you they will remember it if you end use doing a side quest with them later. i want postives and negtives. also say like buffs to certine thing like strength or agility etc. but say you have a buff to strength your agility or endurance is now lowered not like a massive buff just little ones each piece of unique gear you earn has a better buff with more major negtives.

or something like that.

i dont like the idea of turf war mainly cause its boring and more of a annyoince

I hope I can ally with them, it gives that dystopia feeling, gangs have became a "standard" so to speak. In most games, gangs are just something to shoot at, it would give nice twist on the series if they werent just shooting-targets. But yeah, but who are the enemies we kill if not gangs, Nomads? Corps? I think it would be fun if we could choose our enemies, player can choose what he hates and likes.

I think we still need some gangs to fight with but having some to do quests for would be good . The lastest demo had V working with / for the Voodoo Boys so i think it`s possible .

I think we still need some gangs to fight with but having some to do quests for would be good . The lastest demo had V working with / for the Voodoo Boys so i think it`s possible .

Thats so awesome if we can work with Voodoo Boys and such. If you read the wiki, they are twisted as hell, doing all kind of crazy stuff.

"This is a terrorist gang of drug dealers. They engage in weird magic rituals, and deal non-synthetic drugs to students near the University. Sadistic and pitiless, they will kill, torture, and rape for any reason or no reason at all. "

Simply fun stuff.

Thats so awesome if we can work with Voodoo Boys and such. If you read the wiki, they are twisted as hell, doing all kind of crazy stuff.

"This is a terrorist gang of drug dealers. They engage in weird magic rituals, and deal non-synthetic drugs to students near the University. Sadistic and pitiless, they will kill, torture, and rape for any reason or no reason at all. "

Simply fun stuff.

The Voodooboys in 2077 have changed though. They are Haitian netrunners obsessed with digital transcendance. Pretty different from 2020's V-boys

The Voodooboys in 2077 have changed though. They are Haitian netrunners obsessed with digital transcendance. Pretty different from 2020's V-boys
Yeah, the new Voodoo Boys seem much less interested in raping, torturing, etc. the citizens of Night City. They seem content to operate in their own turf while pursuing their own goals, so long as nobody tries to move in on them.

I had to go with other. Any combination of 1-9, except 6, would be acceptable.

I wouldn't appreciate #6 being a thing at all. Reducing anything down to "something to shoot at" isn't going to get my vote. If conflict with a certain element in the game is inevitable I prefer it when the motivations behind it are explored and explained. It'd be better if those type of circumstances weren't forced at all but sometimes it doesn't fit with the narrative (In other words, I'd prefer to always have the option of picking a side). CDPR has always been pretty good in these areas. So I'm not concerned.

3, 4, 5 and 9 sound like the ideal choices.

I don't think 1 vs 2 matters much. One or both of those would be fine if they're done well. I'd prefer some combination of both (some main quest involvement, some side quest involvement).

I'd think #7 and #8 are implied in some capacity. By this I mean gangs sound like very relevant actors in the game setting. So I'd expect some degree of quest involvement. It goes without saying gear tends to go hand and hand with that. I wouldn't be too concerned with getting special or unique gear out of those interactions though. If it's there, great. If not, no big deal.

I don't know... It's hard to pick anything definitively. There are so many good choices :). So... other it is...

3 5 6.
I think gangs as very important for the feeling of the game's background, but that giving them an important part to play in the story would be giving them too much of an importance overall.

Top Bottom