Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've spent my evening researching boring stuff for my boring essay and i feel cheated out of an evening.

I love learning at uni but I cannot wait to be free of essays.

I figure if I invest 200 hours in the game and budget $10 per hour played, to see it in all it's glory on widescreen, I can afford $2000, right? That makes sense, right? I mean, that'll make sense to my beloved, right?

..this is going to hurt SO much...

Dude that made my wallet hurt.

@Synvael: Do be a dear and cry into my chalice. Tears, they taste so good.

So does sharing @Csàszàr .You wouldn't mind giving your fellow forumites a little sip?

You have one of "new gen" consoles? If so then you're safe and please don't cry...
Not yet... I saved the money for TW3 CE now I'm saving it to buy a PS4...
Too bad that some books and comics have decided to come out at the "right" moment, so it will take me more time.

Truth is... I'm waiting for sales *heh*

@Synvael: Do be a dear and cry into my chalice. Tears, they taste so good.

I've spent my evening researching boring stuff for my boring essay and i feel cheated out of an evening.

I love learning at uni but I cannot wait to be free of essays.

My birthday morning unfortunately started with studying and the day ended with studying as well, lol. Can't escape it. Had tests today, so.

School sucks ass.

Not yet... I saved the money for TW3 CE now I'm saving it to buy a PS4...
Too bad that some books and comics have decided to come out at the "right" moment, so it will take me more time.

Truth is... I'm waiting for sales *heh*

Pray tell, what books and comics? And maybe with the XB1 dropping, Sony will look to do a drop as well. Guess it depends on how the sales go this holiday season.

Btw...back to few pages...the whole type of temperature measurement...sounded like console war arguing, and PC is master race (Celsius), Fahrenheit is either PS\Xbone (Don't judge), and the one who said Kelvin is better, felt like the Nintendo\WiiU type...
So just change the names and for some reason it came up the same way.

Nah, Kelvin is Linux. Better than PC, but Celsius is more widespread and has more user friendly applications. ;)

But GNU/Linux IS a system for PC's :p

And for scientific computing and general research there's nothing more user friendly than Linux :)

Back to budget for PC's, I normally spend around 1000-1100 on computer parts every 3 to 4 years, not including peripherals, monitor, etc. And that's just enough. There's always a sweet spot for each generation of hardware, unless you're into the whole firestrike ranking thing.

And for scientific computing and general research there's nothing more user friendly than Linux :)

Back to budget for PC's, I normally spend around 1000-1100 on computer parts every 3 to 4 years, not including peripherals, monitor, etc. And that's just enough. There's always a sweet spot for each generation of hardware, unless you're into the whole firestrike ranking thing.

Damn. I guess I know I made it to just about the right range for parts, then. I'm using my tv as a monitor. I forgot about my mouse and keyboard, lol. Fail. No biggie though. I won't be getting very fancy with that. Though wireless is a must.

Well didn't Microsoft coin the term PC for their Hardware with Windows installed? Anyway most people associate PC with Windows (Microsoft Computers) as they do Mac with MacOS (Apple Computers), but of course you don't necessarily have to MacOS on Mac (Hackintosh, etc...).

One of my really good friend's dad has cancer. She just found out. And she recently broke up with her boyfriend. They were together for like 3 years.

I really have no clue on what to say to her. What does one say?

Last edited:
@StaGiors Damn, I’m sorry to hear that, that’s a lot of pain at once.

You say she’s a very close friend; I usually ask mine if there’s anything I could do to help. It’s usually hard to actually do anything about the situation, but it helps to let them know you’re there for them. Perhaps ask her if she would like to come over/talk about it on the phone to get things off her mind, or just to get some distraction from the whole thing.

Unfortunately though, I don't think there is much else you could do.

Last edited:
A spot of seriosity for breaking this path of silliness for watchng the silliest and cruel world we live. I was looking for some kind of information and found this.
what the guy says at 5:30 is priceless

It's so strange to think about the fact that are so many people who live like this, mainly farming, without even knowing what they're doing it for. And I know the value of money is relative in each country, but if these people don't know what's at the end of the chain that they're the beginning of, how would they feel if they knew how ridiculously little 7 euros a day is to us. The fact that they see eating a bar of chocolate as a privilege makes me feel kind of bad about the whole thing. They seem happy though, and I don't know that much about what goes on in the world of these people, but it does make me realize how lucky we are.

Still though, couldn't help but giggle when the man said "This is why white people are so healthy". If only he knew the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom