Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we're back on rolling power cuts again. Nobody's saying what the reason for the shortage is, except that the local electricity supplier is blaming the national grid company. I've finally given up and bought a generator. (Which means I also had to buy gasoline again for the first time in four years.)

We has strawberries, we doesn't always has electricity.

That sucks. Hope you have a good UPS for your computer.

Strawberries are awesome. How can such a delicious fruit become such a disgusting candy flavor? Strawberry jelly is OK. Had a jelly filled, chocolate covered donut the other day and it was pretty damn good.

Totally by coincidence, my UPS had failed two days before the first of these outages. I'm getting it repaired, but when the outages started I also went out and bought another one. Good to have a backup of my backup.

I'm curious to see how long it takes before I get a neighbour knocking at the door during an outage. There's a couple of houses in the street with their own generators, but none in the compound where I live. I'll be happy to charge cellphones/tablets, or let people put stuff in my freezer, but the guy next door gets really upset when his aircon goes off, and he's going to be disappointed if he asks.

Strawberries are awesome. How can such a delicious fruit become such a disgusting candy flavor? Strawberry jelly is OK. Had a jelly filled, chocolate covered donut the other day and it was pretty damn good.

It's always amused me. There's "strawberry flavour" and there's the flavour of strawberries. Two completely different things, but both instantly recognisable. I can't stand strawberry-flavoured food. Strawberry jelly is OK as long as it's made from strawberries.

Just like cheese-flavored as in cheese crackers are great but actual cheese tastes like a toilet.

I've never tasted a toilet. What kind of cheese does it taste like?*
I suspect that you actually meant "smells like a toilet".

*To anyone thinking what I know at least SOME of you are thinking** and considering posting it as an answer. Don't.
** Yes, I'm talking about you, Rep.

Strawberries are a big deal here. Farmers compete fiercely to have the first strawberries to market. (The first strawberries sell for mad profits.)

Strawberry "flavor" is ethyl methyl phenyl glycidate (also called Aldehyde C16), an industrial product made by a reaction known as the Darzens condensation. Much used by perfumers, from the cheapest all the way up to Chanel.

Actual strawberries have at least 36 identifiable natural components of scent, flavor, and sweetness.
http://phys.org/news/2014-03-flavor-compounds-strawberries.html

Last edited:
Guess who got drunk last night? (me)
Guess who doesn't have a hangover today? MEEEEEEEE

i am having pizza for dinner and chocolate for breakfast i am unstoppable

You're supposed to do it like this:

Guess who got drunk last night?
Guess who doesn't have a hangover today?

ME!!!

Educate yourself :p

Congratulation @eskimoe, time moves so fast that it is scary...
But oh well, for more many more years of existance in this forum.
Cheers!

Even though i stopped drinking...but you get the point.

haha hmmmm at the age of 13 I think I am glad I didn't play the Witcher games :p the second one especially is very violent, I think it would have disturbed me. Considering when I was 13 the only thing I was interested in was horse-riding competitions and ponies.

Sounds pretty familiar. Except that was six years ago and I was more into writing little stories about horse-riding competitions than actually participating in it. And being jealous of my sister. Because she was able to take riding lessons at the local riding club before their stables catched fire.

Sounds pretty familiar. Except that was six years ago and I was more into writing little stories about horse-riding competitions than actually participating in it. And being jealous of my sister. Because she was able to take riding lessons at the local riding club before their stables catched fire.

I used to write stories about that stuff too! They were terrible but I was sure at the time they were going to become bestselling novels, even if I never made it past chapter 2.
Oh :( that's a shame about the stables!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom