Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was absolutely CERTAIN in my teens that it wasn't his head they were naming him after.

An easy mistake, at that age.

---------- Updated at 07:05 PM ----------

The Old Norse had some rather jolly epithets: Harald Fair-hair, Harald War-tooth (and Blue-tooth) Eric Blood-axe, Ragnar Shaggy-breeches [Hairy-buttocks], Olaf the Peacock . . .

Eysteinn the Fart was King of Norway; he was succeeded by his son Halfdan the Bad Entertainer. Meanwhile, Poland had King Władysław the Elbow-High, and France had Louis the Good for Nothing.

Ivar the Boneless, though, was a great conqueror, leader of the Great Heathen Army. Bonelessness was not a handicap to him.

Last edited:
Well, we had Ethelred the Unready, of course. Which, again, caused a lot of those schoolday jokes (I don't know why it's called "schoolboy" humour. Sexist, if you ask me. Schoolgirls are just as bad)

Well, we had Ethelred the Unready, of course. Which, again, caused a lot of those schoolday jokes (I don't know why it's called "schoolboy" humour. Sexist, if you ask me. Schoolgirls are just as bad)

('Juvenile humour', although it still can get a laugh even from 'mature' audiences.) King Aethelred the Unready had some very bad advice, and managed to rather annoy the Danes.

ALSO I am ridiculously excited for the next Witcher DLC. I wasn't actually going to pre-order it but now I know it's coming with the Scoia'tael gwent deck... I have to own the physical copy!! I want my Iorveth hero card ;__;

The expansion apparently also includes a Saskia comic that picks up after TW2 (so, maybe Iorveth is in it, too).

Also, can't believe I have a REDpoint of mine underneath a post that now contains fangirling about Iorveth. Absolutely disgusting.

We could just ban her for discussing Iorveth in the Bear.

Ooooh, could we? Doesn't really solve the REDpoint issue, though.

I was thinking of just editing the post into talking about something less awful. Like cancer.

Saw this on facebook today:

Looks like I'm currently in trouble with: Cyberpunk culture (assuming that includes people who like to read and watch Cyberpunk fiction), post modernism, LOTR, video games, Harry Potter, Dungeon's and Dragons, Halloween and rock music. I like that they list Lycanthropy, Vampirism and Necromancy as real things to watch out for. I'm not sure what a few of the terms mean. But it is a humorous list none-the-less.

Based on my experience with the CP forum, this is all true.

Last edited:
Saw this on facebook today:

Looks like I'm currently in trouble with: Cyberpunk culture (assuming that includes people who like to read and watch Cyberpunk fiction), post modernism, LOTR, video games, Harry Potter, Dungeon's and Dragons, Halloween and rock music. I like that they list Lycanthropy, Vampirism and Necromancy as real things to watch out for. I'm not sure what a few of the terms mean. But it is a humorous list none-the-less.

Attachments

• 12002817_883268378431894_7224283164912052430_n.jpg
    12002817_883268378431894_7224283164912052430_n.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 31
I always knew there was something suspicious about Vegetarians.
I think they're pushing their credibility when they include the Church of Satan in the list though.

We could just ban her for discussing Iorveth in the Bear.

DRAGONBIRD SENPAI WHY ARE YOU BEING SO MEAN TO ME?!?!?!

---------- Updated at 05:17 PM ----------

The expansion apparently also includes a Saskia comic that picks up after TW2 (so, maybe Iorveth is in it, too).

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If Iorveth and Saskia appear in the DLC I will cry tears of joy. But even seeing them in the comic would be amazing.

Also, I wonder if we will get the chance to see Milva in the Witcher 3 at all... I've just finished Baptism of Fire and I love her so much!!! (Please don't spoil me if she dies or something I don't want to know)

@PrincessCiri - don't read this. SPOILERS

Glad I read the entirety of that post. Made me sad to think about how it ends ... Milva and Cahir are my two favorite characters in the series. And it was done perfectly with the flashbacks. Also made me a little envious Princess Ciri doesnt know how it ends. Oh to read it again without knowing ...

Sorry ... I felt compelled to have an aside about Milva being one of my favorite characters. But spoilers are obviously included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom