Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know i've always wondered about these Vogans who don't eat any living thing, how do they stop mites and various dinky things in air from going down their gullets?

You know i've always wondered about these Vogans who don't eat any living thing, how do they stop mites and various dinky things in air from going down their gullets?

Vogons favor roast crab, so I doubt they would bother to strain out a gnat.

Seriously, I think vegans recognize that some accidental consumption of insects is inevitable, and preferable to the alternative of eating produce from which insects have been systematically kept away or removed by poisoning.

Yeah I always figured vegans don't eat animal products because they think the way in which animals are farmed is morally wrong, and it's bad for the environment.
As a vegetarian, I don't care if I accidentally eat bugs. I won't go out of my way to eat them but if one throws itself into my mouth without me noticing, I feel as though perhaps I am granting its suicide wish, which is kinder than forcing it to live.

Vogon? Never even heard of that.

What's the difference between that and vegan?

Not much. They're both green and write bad poetry.

Now seriously, I can respect people who don't eat or do something out of a personal principle. But hate it if they get preachy.

I don't know about your countries, but in Greece farms in big cities are not farms; are torture cells. I live in the country, so i only eat meat from animals that i know that they live outside. I see them every day.
Hens are living in boxes, and when they have a virus they 're being burned alive... Eating eggs from that hens is a crime people never think of.
Cheese is made not only with milk, but with the stomach of breastfed animals. So, if a vegeterian eats cheese, is almost like he eats lamb.

Eating honey, on the other hand, is not harmful at all for the bees. Beekeepers know how much honey they can take from them, they don't want them to starve in winter.

Great...yesterday at work i made such fails that i feel ashamed that i got such tip...
A bottle of wine exploded in my hand and it went on all over the table and it went all over the table and the guests...they wanted to kill me at first (well 2 people actually out of 12)...Started as a great day, trashy ending...:fury:

I don't know about your countries, but in Greece farms in big cities are not farms; are torture cells. I live in the country, so i only eat meat from animals that i know that they live outside. I see them every day.
Hens are living in boxes, and when they have a virus they 're being burned alive... Eating eggs from that hens is a crime people never think of.
Cheese is made not only with milk, but with the stomach of breastfed animals. So, if a vegeterian eats cheese, is almost like he eats lamb.

Eating honey, on the other hand, is not harmful at all for the bees. Beekeepers know how much honey they can take from them, they don't want them to starve in winter.

this is the reason why I stopped eating meat. I have my own chickens for eggs so that's not an issue, but I do worry about the cows from where my cheese and milk come from... although in the UK we have some regulations so animals must be given a certain amount of space and not stuck inside a tiny box.

Great...yesterday at work i made such fails that i feel ashamed that i got such tip...
A bottle of wine exploded in my hand and it went on all over the table and it went all over the table and the guests...they wanted to kill me at first (well 2 people actually out of 12)...Started as a great day, trashy ending...:fury:

Nooo that sucks :( I hated working as a waitress for that exact reason. Anything to do with wine made me so nervous. Hopefully you won't ever see them again? If that makes it better

Nooo that sucks :( I hated working as a waitress for that exact reason. Anything to do with wine made me so nervous. Hopefully you won't ever see them again? If that makes it better

It is, and i really hope so...probably won't see them, but even afterwards getting out with the highest tip of all, makes this feel slightly better...(40 Euros on only two tables, i don't know how your tips in your countries, but here it considered above average)

I haven't seem to see you before, are you new here? (Sorry if it is a rude question...)

It is, and i really hope so...probably won't see them, but even afterwards getting out with the highest tip of all, makes this feel slightly better...(40 Euros on only two tables, i don't know how your tips in your countries, but here it considered above average)

Wow 40 euros is a lot! Where I worked we divided the tips between everyone so even if you had a bad day, you would still get decent tips which was good. Especially because where I worked (even though it was a fancy restaurant) people were usually very mean tippers :'(

I haven't seem to see you before, are you new here? (Sorry if it is a rude question...)
lmao it's not a rude question dw! Yeah I joined the forums a few days ago so I guess I am new ^^ nice to meet you~~

@SerieLis
Over here tipping is relatively unknown. In fact some people consider it insulting as you are basically throwing your wealth about you and over here we consider money to be too valuable to just throw away.

Wow 40 euros is a lot! Where I worked we divided the tips between everyone so even if you had a bad day, you would still get decent tips which was good. Especially because where I worked (even though it was a fancy restaurant) people were usually very mean tippers :'(

lmao it's not a rude question dw! Yeah I joined the forums a few days ago so I guess I am new ^^ nice to meet you~~

My record stands on 60 Euros which was last week, best night ever....

Likewise, pleased to meet you, hope you are having a good time here.

I work as a waiter for now while in college, it started today actually, but because studying comes first place, i'm cutting the days of work to be more focused...at least for now, we'll see how the time goes on.

Especially because where I worked (even though it was a fancy restaurant) people were usually very mean tippers :'(

*in awe*

.... @wichat ?
D-do you... do you remember the coffee image you made for me a while ago ?

@SerieLis
Over here tipping is relatively unknown. In fact some people consider it insulting as you are basically throwing your wealth about you and over here we consider money to be too valuable to just throw away.

Feel free to throw all your wealth at me, I'll never complain about it. Promise !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom