Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hail Satan

Nice to read you again!

Was Korra overall any good?

I dropped it in the middle of season 2 after I grew tired of the teenage romance/love triangle bullshit.

Never seen it myself but I heard the last season was pretty bad bad and 'catered to a different audience'. Whatever that means...

@sidspyker @eskimoe Damn, wanted to start watching it as well, but now you guys make me wonder if I should. I suppose I should just try it and see for myself.

Btw guys is Christmas really as tedious as some people make it seem? I for one can't cook a thing so I don't have to worry about the Christmas meals and all. But I've literally heard people say they're "stressed out" because of all the preparations they still had to do.

Btw guys is Christmas really as tedious as some people make it seem? I for one can't cook a thing so I don't have to worry about the Christmas meals and all. But I've literally heard people say they're "stressed out" because of all the preparations they still had to do.

Nah it's a fucking doddle, got me hog roast in oven before I went to work this morning, got me timetable and alarm set, all me prep done yesterday. Just have to follow me own instructions and in a few hours me and me guests'll be sat back farting an belching, watching shit telly. Meanwhile i'm having a few swift pints and knocking back an ocassional mince pie.

Worse bit's indiegestion.

This Cleese waiter acts like a real cat:

play with the mouse until he burst, put himself safely in last moment and pick the trophy phlegmatically and politely: the BILL!

Born in Weston-super-Mare: no costumer leave without paying his/her bill.....

No not stressed out at all. Only doing what I want and like. Preparing food being one of those things. Just enjoying family, getting together and food. :)

Hello everyone!
Hope everything is going fine with you all...because i'm having the best holiday season ever.
Got contacted (finally) and got permission to use stuff in my projects which boosted the motivation.
Seeing faces that make me smile every time.
*Sigh* I wish i could stop time...but it's the balance for such average year, and have such finish.
Next year should be great...if everything is going to go according to the plan. Which is not, but nothing can't stop me now.
Come on everyone...come here and give me a hug.
View attachment 8809

Attachments

• free-hugs.jpg
    free-hugs.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 38
Hello everyone!
Hope everything is going fine with you all...because i'm having the best holiday season ever.
Got contacted (finally) and got permission to use stuff in my projects which boosted the motivation.
Seeing faces that make me smile every time.
*Sigh* I wish i could stop time...but it's the balance for such average year, and have such finish.
Next year should be great...if everything is going to go according to the plan. Which is not, but nothing can't stop me now.
Come on everyone...come here and give me a hug.
View attachment 8809

I've got nothing else to do so I'll just write this here. If you don't want to read this, that's fine. Just skip over it, but I just need to get this off my chest.

Another year is almost over and it's been almost 6 years since I left education behind and went out into the world where I found nothing but decay and an inability to do anything in a world which seemed to hate me for being young. Before that, I had been unhappily in a school where division was rampant and if you were not of a certain birth, you where either ignored or treated like there was something wrong with you. There had been several years where I was bullied by my peers because I was quiet and worked rather than socialize do whatever they did. There were times when I just walked around the school grounds aimlessly while everyone else in my year was playing their games and chatting to each other about subjects which I considered unimportant and trivial.

My social skills leaved a lot to be desired of course, as I had grown up with people twice my age (my sister and brother are 16 and 19 years older than me respectively), so I didn't know how to act around kids my age and I couldn't understand their jokes which I considered taunts. No doubt I was among the most hated students in my year by my fellows, though the teachers quite liked me as I was a hard worker and didn't mess around in class. It was around this time however that my depression began to develop which, as you've probably guessed, was caused by my previous experiences. My originally happy and outgoing self was replaced by a strong cynicism and distrust of other people. My only friend at this time was my cat Susie who was a partial British Bombay. She would spend a lot of time outside during the day then come in at evening and want loads of attention from me alone before jumping onto my bed and going to sleep for a few hours. She was the one thing that got me through that stage of my life, and I still miss her even though I now have Ciri who is arguably a better cat overall. Susie passed away in February 2013 aged 16 from cancer.

Eventually, when I reached 16, I ended up in what was then East Tyrone College of Further and Higher Education. For those of you who are not from the UK or Ireland, College is the name for the stage of Education between High School and University and is completely optional, but most people go into it anyway as it is considered wise to go and learn something before university. There I studied Computer Science (at the time though, the stuff whey were teaching us was already out of date), spreadsheets, website creation, binary, programming codes and so forth. I got a diploma out of it, a Merit overall (equivalent of 4 B's) then I went back the next year to do a National Diploma: A more advanced form of the course I had already done and worth 5 A levels. I left after 9 months as the workload got to much for me to handle.

So I went out into the jobs market to see if I could find anything. Nothing. Everything was asking for things that I never had - 5 'A's including English and Maths? Are you mad!? Very few people would have such qualifications, and I certainly didn't. I had a C in English and a D in Maths - what employer is going to want that? I was never very academically minded. I was sent on all these ridiculous courses which were supposed to help me find work, but they were ran by people who never had to worry about employment in their lives and had no doubt had their jobs for decades. Bullying was a common tactic used by the dole office and still is, especially on younger people. That gave me a strong dislike of civil servants, as you can imagine.

My depression returned last year (just before Susie's death) and I started getting feelings of worthlessness and self-hate of my weakness as it appeared to me. Today I broke down in tears at a life which as accomplished nothing and I have not been able to change this in a year. Even now, I'm trying to fight back the tears as I write this rant. This forum has provided me a refuge where I can be myself again and speak to some great people from all over the world, and even though I may never meet any of you in person, I am grateful to you all that you are willing listen to some random 25-year-old guy from Northern Ireland as he talks crap about himself and the world in general.

Thank You all!

Here's to another shitty year! Maybe something will change or maybe it won't, but I'm staying to see it come!

Cheers AL. Here's to another shitty year, with hope that it won't be as shitty. And then eventually things will be OK.

Thank you for sharing this part of yourself, it is always eye opening to try and view the world from other people's perspectives.

What helps me keep going, when I feel like I haven't accomplished much, is this thought. "People never fail. They just stop trying." As long as you keep trying you will be OK, trust this almost 22 year old Greek for no good reason.

I wish you all the best for the future. Not split in years. This life is a continuous effort. Cheers once again.

No shame for tears, but don't admit your situation as the highest level life alows you play. This bloody life has unknown mods made by people you have not meet yet. Mods that will change your actual path. People who maybe you'll never meet for sure.

Perhaps somone say you that before: happiness is not the goal but the way you make your path. It's not easy to love yourself when nobody tells you "I love you". But if you can appreciate a smile or a hug given to you, yours will be appreciate.

There's nothing worse than having the feel of wasting your life, there's no words from anybody that will give you the answer about how get out from this eternal moment of failure. But only yours.

You are far away to be a cynical persone, on the contrary, it's the easier armor you've found till now. Use it if you need it but don't let it to become your skin. life is too short and you have more life for living. Yes, paradoxal, but I am paradoxal too ;)

Sweet Irish Man, smile to yourself. You are another and unique special human being among millions of us. Thank you very much for opening your heart here to us.

@AL890 You may see yourself that way, but you changed my life. For good reasons.
You were the only few people who i consider a friend from the forum. A great guy to meet.
You were with me when i tried to develop the CDerpRed, you made it run in motion.
You made me feel welcomed when the i arrived. You were the only one to notice when i disappeared.
You did many great things, and you need to appreciate that.
I wanted to keep in touch with you, but it seems difficult at times. And i regret every minute for not doing the way it should be.
I recently started to listen to myself, thinking "What i want to do?" And so i did. I'm not going to give up on everything, and so should you. You are the one who decides your fate, no man should stand in your path, and if he does. Crash him, as he is only an obstacle that you need to comprehend.
People like you are the reason i'm still around, a friend to be with.
The fact that you showed what you feel, shows how human you are. Shows that you care for something.
You should never give up, never. Took me months to get my starting goals to work.
I'm a mere human just like you. And in order to achieve something, you need to want it, and work only for it. No unnecessary distractions!
For me the obstacle was to get the attention of certain "influential" people, and i did in the end, only few days ago. Got a permission to do so, after months of asking and asking, writing long ass letters, waiting. Finally had a chance to get an answer 1 on 1.
So you need to find what interests you, and go with your dream till the end.
Now after reading all of this, come and give me a hug mate, even though i'm a male, you could use a friendly hug. Friendship is much more valuable than you think.
It is no refuge, it is a home.
I may going to repeat myself here: Never give up, and do what you want to do. If you can't find right now, see what interests you, and start from there, discover the hidden potential that is inside of you.
Education is not necessary in order to achieve something. It is you who makes things happen.
We are not born in order to pay taxes and work, we are here for much bigger reason, and it is your time to find out what it is.
You can always ask for guidance, help. We all need it in some point, but one obstacle shall not stop you.
Hope any word of motivation helps...and i wish i could be able to aid in some sort of way.
I do have something in mind, but it is your choice in order to get in motion.
Now cheer up, nose up, take deep breath, and start life as it should be.

@AL890 Sorry to hear that, I hope things will get better for you in 2015!

So I went out into the jobs market to see if I could find anything. Nothing. Everything was asking for things that I never had - 5 'A's including English and Maths? Are you mad!? Very few people would have such qualifications, and I certainly didn't. I had a C in English and a D in Maths - what employer is going to want that?

So wait, if you apply for jobs you have to list your grades? I've never heard of that before. Here all you have to list is your diplomas. The fact that you have it should be proof of you being qualified.

Last edited:
Was Korra overall any good?

I dropped it in the middle of season 2 after I grew tired of the teenage romance/love triangle bullshit.

Korra overall was very good, but not as good as ATLA. It had it's hits and misses. It definitely did things not typically seen in animated 'kid' shows. The seasons should have been longer and the last season you could tell was getting hit by budget cuts, however, they still managed to finish pretty strong considering. They were even forced to do a recap episode, but it was actually very entertaining the way they did it.

Second season is probably the hardest one to get through, season's 3 and 4 were much more interesting. Just tough it out. Seeing how the characters develop by the end is pretty interesting.

But let's face it, Bolin was consistently the best thing about Korra. And Varrick, especially in that last season.

Don't open unless you want to spoil later seasons.

Peace out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom