What annoying game design trends should Cyberpunk avoid?

+
I bet you wouldn’t even notice it among all the action, if it was done right. (Meaning, nobody would do or want it to be such, where you keep shooting a stationary target and dicerolls make you miss 7 out of 10 rounds.)

AI is always either stupid, or ”smart” enough to be a cheat, i.e. conspicuously ”too smart”. It’s easier to provide these sorts of effects through clever systems design.

It’s also much more satisfying to score a hit that actually counts for something among few misses, than always hitting but doing minuscule damage because your enemy is a couple of levels above you.

This works only if you not control shooting manually. If it's shooter, then it looks really stupid, when you see bullet hit the body and then "MISSED" and deal no damage.

Also this doesn't removes bulletsponges problems, cause 20 shots still remains 20 shots, despite 6 of them hit with no damage (evasion).

B-but weak spots exists IRL, why batteries on half disassembled exoskeleton wouldn't be a weak spot.

Some weak spots glowing without a reason on a monster looks stupid, but if they are explained by lore or scanned with some tech, as we see in 2018 gameplay are okay imo :sleep:

B-but weak spots exists IRL, why batteries on half disassembled exoskeleton wouldn't be a weak spot.

Some weak spots glowing without a reason on a monster looks stupid, but if they are explained by lore or scanned with some tech, as we see in 2018 gameplay are okay imo :sleep:
I think they're fine as long as the game is not filled with the same mechanics.
And Sasquatch doesn't make sense.

Pulling a Bioware (of the past decade -- not old Bioware) and wrapping up the game with a big baddie that hoses you in what's basically a cut scene, doesn't give you the chance to face off against him, and expects you to accept it as something other than a cheap, cowardly attempt at setting up the next game in the series.

I thought this is what people basically wanted when they put "storytelling" above "gameplay". This is a LITERAL example.

I think they're fine as long as the game is not filled with the same mechanics.
And Sasquatch doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
I got a good one; please don't have an open world with all sorts of cool things and easter eggs hidden around for us to find and then stick us with an annoying NPC repeatedly nagging the absolute bloody hell out of us to hurry up...or if you do, give us the option to shoot said NPC.

I got a good one; please don't have an open world with all sorts of cool things and easter eggs hidden around for us to find and then stick us with an annoying NPC repeatedly nagging the absolute bloody hell out of us to hurry up...or if you do, give us the option to shoot said NPC.
NPC mute button lol

Mute Jackie.:cool:

miss j gasp.gif

"What are you doing?
Comon, we don't have time for this
Are you coming?"

In some games the characters do this every 5 seconds, it's horrible. Dude, let me enjoy the scenery.

Please do not have me spend hours, days!, to scavenge, find, build, modify, leveled up to the max and to finally make ALL MY HARD EARNED WEAPONS TO -- DISSAPEAR!!!-- :mad:during a boss fight! because story is i've been kidnapped or drugged out and put into a pit where i have to go 1 vs 1 agaisnt a giant zombie behemoth destroyer and they throw in a little pig sticker of a knife to fight him. and then run painfully for miles through corridors and buildings cimbing to the very top to the damn maze of a sky scraper, dying multiple times by falling off the edges of the scaffold and building signs with exploding enemies, just so you can have me to get to the last boss fight with all my glorious saved guns and ammos and find out that its a ------ Q-T-E- finale.

Last edited:

Even scanning...
Why not just having us, the player, stumble over a manual and reading "shoot here to diable the exosuit" instead of adding a cheap mod to put a big lazy red dot "shoot here" on the bad guy.

Are we that dumb?
It's kinda infantilizing the players and remove every challenging aspect, which is somehow scary if the whole game is like that, with the game holding your hand all along as if you were 5yo.
Unless you play in hardcore without any hud, even there, it's either everything or nothing.

Even scanning...
Why not just having us, the player, stumble over a manual and reading "shoot here to diable the exosuit" instead of adding a cheap mod to put a big lazy red dot "shoot here" on the bad guy.

Are we that dumb?
It's kinda infantilizing the players and remove every challenging aspect, which is somehow scary if the whole game is like that, with the game holding your hand all along as if you were 5yo.
Unless you play in hardcore without any hud, even there, it's either everything or nothing.
Are there going to be levels of difficulty like most games?
I can see the weak point identification being reduced/removed in higher difficulty settings.

What's the word on on/off options in settings?
Perhaps some of the things we want or not are changeable by us.

Top Bottom