What are your favourite quotes/lines? (Possible Spoilers!)

+
Been playing more today and i've got another favourite line to share. It's the last message V can leave to Jackie before you meet Hanako.

"Jackie, 'fraid this's gonna be my last call."
"Don't have much time left."
"One way or the other, everything's comin' to a head."
"Know i been talkin' to myself this whole time, but, uh... just wanted to say your a good friend."
"Even when your not around."
"Over and out, choomba."

Had tears in my eyes after hearing this for the first time in game. It's an amazing testament to the writing and the voice work that I felt this even after not being able to spend alot of time with Jackie in game.

-"it took me years to decide to come back here"
-"why didn't you come rather"
-"The easy answer would be that I had neither the time nor the material, that the stars were not aligned. But the truth is that it made me ... too weird. And I didn't want to come here alone or with a stranger. "

i like it when V and Johnny joke around like these two moments - and the VA for female V delivers these lines so freaking great.

From "Prophet's Song:

Johnny: Who're you bettin on showin up? The Reptilians or techno-necromancers?
V: Fingers crossed for unicorns, actually. Always believed they'd fly down from planet Nibiru and destroy us with rainbow lasers of love.

From "Chippin In"

V: You oughtta be the one puking right now.
Johnny: Yeah, well life ain't fair.
V: You sure picked the right moment to bolt outta my body.
Johnny: Oughtta be happy I left at all.
V: Oh I am, look at me spewing joy and rainbows.
Johnny: Like a fuckin ray of sunshine.

I also love the matter-of-fact way Panam just agrees to help V:

Panam: So, again, just be clear... You've called me at high moon to ask me to help you break into Araska Tower... or you'll die?
V: About the gist of it, yeah.
Panam: OK

Last edited:
Judy's holo message from The Star ending :333

Heeeeey V, I know what you're thinking; why is my crazy output leaving me a message on the machine when I'm making breakfast?
Well, you know me - I get mushy when it comes to sharing feelings...
Soooooo... what the hell, I figured I'd just tell you here.
V, I just wanted you to know that... *pause* I'm happy. For the first time in my life. And I wanted to- *gets interrupted*
Speak o' the devil... See you soon. Mwah!

Having played through all of the sad endings first and then coming this one, this holo message made me smile a lot. The part where she pauses and says she's happy made me tear up, again ^-^ Tearfully smiling at the end of a game where the story and interactions have already made me laugh, cry and smile a lot in my books is a genuine sign of a game with special effort taken to deliver its story and characters (writing, voice acting, JALI, character design, etc) and its delivery being every bit as effective as was intended.
I love this one also, though I do wish we could hear V in the background.

"Motherfucker-" Kerry, mere moments before pistol whipping Johnny in the face

10/10, very therapeutic, would watch Johnny being smacked across the chops by irate semi-naked pensioner again

"On behalf of the staff of the Independent California Motel, I wish you all sweet dreams."​

I know that this isn't some best quote from the game, BUT that moment, that atmosphere... simply AMAZING.

I think this is my fave also
Post automatically merged:

If i may, another one:
I know it's not the same in english (but i don't know why) :D

V : "Et bien c'est pas banal comme cadeau" (Well, it's not trivial as a gift)
Unknow : "Hein ? Quoi ? Je ne comprend pas !" (What ? I don't understand !)
V : "Bien tu sais, un peu comme un gâteau surprise. La voiture, c'est le gâteau. Et toi, t'es la danseuse" (well you know, like a surprise cake. The car is the cake. And you, you're the dancer.)
V close the trunk
Unknow : "Nonnnn !"

Pretty hilarious, especially if you close the trunk right after :D
Aah Sergei's gift yes. I also thought that one was funny aswell.
Post automatically merged:

And if I may make a small donation of my own.

Right after Love Like Fire where Johnny first shows up in your appartment
V: Ghost off!
Its a simple line, but it was EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Last edited:
"poor v - just 2 of them wanna fuck you?" - clouds entrance. always makes me laugh x'D

also "Understood. Hearing within norm. Possible issue - low IQ. Reducing speech rate by thrity-three percent MY. NAME. IS. SKIPPY." - It's just so damn stupid it makes me smile over and over again on every new char i pick him up with 8)
I love Skippy. Underrated character.

Another nice one :

Johnny : "Oh no, that's a really bad idea..."
V : "Why...?"
Johnny : "Well I don't know, but when I think of the abyss, my hands are all sweaty with imaginary sweat"
V : "Me, I see nothing wrong with you staying on the shore"

Sorry for translation, french to english may not be the ideal :)

I was about to write some fav lines but there are so many of them that its actually impossible. Dialogues and acting (especially between female V and Johnny) are fantastic. Alright, just one...

"So you fuckin know Rogue. And what should I tell her? I have a talking brain tumor that claims to be your old friend Johnny?"

Panam : "Hey, uh, I think your implant have a virus. The one in the nape of your neck."
V : "Nothing to worry about."
Panam : "Speak for you, this car has a basic security system, if it's something evolved, so..."
V : "Don't worry, it's nothing very evolved, it's even the opposite."
Johnny : "ahaha... too fun."

Saul: "Your gonna be an Aldecaldo. Which means this family will go to hell and back for you."

There are so many good quotes in the star ending. The scene where you get your jacket is awesome, really makes what comes after in the raid mean so much more.

Panam : "Hey, uh, I think your implant have a virus. The one in the nape of your neck."
V : "Nothing to worry about."
Panam : "Speak for you, this car has a basic security system, if it's something evolved, so..."
V : "Don't worry, it's nothing very evolved, it's even the opposite."
Johnny : "ahaha... too fun."
V: "It's nothing, it's just malware."

Gets me every time.

Top Bottom