What do you want to see in the new 2.0 patch? Or in the next patches?

+
Is CDPR not developing what you can check most want because there's already a mod that does it or because you don't want to listen to players?
"Listening players" doesn't mean that they'll do what these players want/ask :)
So they "don't" add things because they can't (if modders can, devs can to, no doubt^^), but because these things don't fit to the game they wanted or there are "more important" things to work on... It never was intended to be a "survival/sandboxy" game. So even if many players would like it to be, they won't change their mind.
So they listen players now and maybe, they will add more of these asked features in the next game (orion), who know.

Reading your reflections I come to the conclusion that the work that CDPR has done generates in many players the desire to live more experiences that are not linked to the story. The city generates by itself the need to live other experiences, experiences that you will surely never live in real life. This leads to frustration in the player when he discovers that everything is made of cardboard and he will not get emotional rewards for his interactions in the city.

You are right and I agree with some of your reflections and they raise a deeper reflection on the shortcomings that Cyberpunk 2077 shows the player when he is trapped by Night City but pushes you to fall off the cliff when he does not give you answers or does not give you the experiences that insinuate you to live. They generate frustration by not being able to perform them. Braindance, another experience that you only live linked to history and makes you feel the need to enjoy more times.

I understand that these works carried out by modders are intended to allow these players to finish living their failed experiences in the city.

But, does anyone think that CDPR was not aware that the beautiful city that it was creating for the story was a claim for the player itself? What was going to generate frustration?

I have always thought that the game in CDPR's head was much more ambitious but that the limitations of the engine, time and money meant that something very big and innovative had to be reduced to the version of the game that we have.

An impressive game nonetheless... I'm sure the developers would have liked Cyberpunk 2077 to be much better, who knows if they still have the ambition and ability to make some big improvements. Time will tell.
I have always thought that the game in CDPR's head was much more ambitious but that the limitations of the engine, time and money meant that something very big and innovative had to be reduced to the version of the game that we have.
Yes, I think it was this way, they had to reduce it drastically, and their knowledge to solve things were limited, as such needed more time as regular. You get a solution for something and end up with a better one after sometime, but you have to process, so the most simplistic solution wasn't universally integrate able into the game, which generates complications in game development and content scalation. Like bacteria fission, slowed down exponential development.
But, does anyone think that CDPR was not aware that the beautiful city that it was creating for the story was a claim for the player itself? What was going to generate frustration?
They were totally aware of their game world and its direction, small aspects in the advertisement and game play showcase suggested in internal UI-interfaces (interaction depth with world objects, car etc.) and sexual intercourse (social and relationships depth) that the game planed dept that weren't comparable until then, a milestone in game history.

Something like those arrows displaying on the ground during races as an alternative for minimap GPS. There is a mod that does exactly that, though I wish it was better incorporated into the game e.g as an optics modification.
1675688903602.png

Other than that, just bug fixes (i've been reporting a few since 1.5, and they are still present in the game).

I believe we have been promised/told we were getting:
  1. Vehicle combat
  2. Improved police system (Probably ties into 1 at least somewhat)
  3. Updated melee gameplay loop
  4. More 'cyberware feeling cyberware' (Whatever that means)
  5. RT Overdrive
Not sure if I missed anything above - but pretty sure CDPR has said all of that is coming. I would add my own list:
  1. Bug fixes and performance increases. I would include balancing the game, skills, etc.
  2. 'Easter Eggs' and minor content additions quest wise.
  3. New items and weapons - continuing to add various unique things to the game that are fun to find.
  4. More character customization options.
Things I do not want to see that have been suggested:
  1. Car races in the city. They make little to no sense in a city as massive as Night City. If we are talking about immersion - then there is little to no chance traffic would ever permit it. I like the idea of racing out in the badlands for the most part. The whole scripted... all of the sudden traffic opens up and you can race freely is pretty meh.
  2. Drinking at bars, eating food, etc. for the sake of immersion. I think this is a waste of time. I'd rather them spend their time elsewhere.

Okay, let's not talk about my wishes in the game, that's not important. I comment on them to see what other players think.

The functions I have listed at the beginning, I think they are not minor characteristics: police, difficulty, combat from the vehicle, memory of our actions, customisation of vehicles, ripperdocs, more interaction...

I agree with you that a new great story is the greatest desire.

Perhaps enjoying the city between missions is something that only a minority likes, but CDPR has created a city so beautiful that it gives me a lot of desire to do more things in it. But do you think that there are some features that are missing or wrong now and that benefit Cyberpunk 2077? A game like this is much more than playing a story. How many players wanted to be able to buy a new apartment? How do you measure that? CDPR has added characteristics that only a minority may want.

I have not said that sitting is wonderful and what we all want but they have added changing Johnny's appearance and very few players liked it, I don't like it. I just comment that there are basic features that are missing in a game that for me not only has a great history but also a beautiful city to enjoy.

Or I may be wrong and most players don't care about the city at all. Just kill and live the story.

For starters, the apartments, I believe, were a plan for free DLC before people even got their hands on the game. There are a few reasons I believe this but they're all linked to things that we can't discuss due to the forums' rules. Same goes for Johnny's appearance and the other free DLCs we received. I'll leave it at that.

Then, you ask how do you measure what people want. As far as I'm concerned, the only way I can gauge people's interest in XYZ feature for the game is through observation. Which is anecdotal and mostly worthless. CDPR though, I suspect, like many other companies, uses various tools to measure player interests in various features. From social medias all the way through to in-game analytics. All of which have varying degrees of accuracy but definitely paint them a neat picture of what people do like and would like to see.

For example, I can safely say that I've observed car combat being one of the most criticized/requested feature. It's anecdotal and largely worthless but, combined with the fact CDPR confirmed they were working on it, I feel safe in saying my observation was correct. Some of the things you are asking for just... aren't all that popular with the playerbase at large. That's my observation. CDPR seems to be seeing the same thing because, frankly, if the vast majority was clamoring to be able to sit anywhere, I doubt they wouldn't invest what little time it would take to add such a mechanic.

Again, it's fine that you want this. I am not belittling your preference and how you would like to experience Night City. That's what modding is for. CDPR cannot cater to every minority asking for XYZ feature. They can't, they would quickly run the company into the ground if they tried to. They have to pick and choose which they want to satisfy, if any. Logically, they'll go for the most popular as these are the most likely to provide a return on their investment. But also, as @LeKill3rFou said here:
"Listening players" doesn't mean that they'll do what these players want/ask :)
So they "don't" add things because they can't (if modders can, devs can to, no doubt^^), but because these things don't fit to the game they wanted or there are "more important" things to work on... It never was intended to be a "survival/sandboxy" game. So even if many players would like it to be, they won't change their mind.
So they listen players now and maybe, they will add more of these asked features in the next game (orion), who know.

Adheres to their own vision of the game.

The simple fact is there are thousands of ways you can improve on a game like Cyberpunk 2077. It's a huge world with almost limitless potential. Mod creators are barely scratching the surface (mostly due to lack of proper tools) and they are modifying the game in very significant ways. Again, it's what modding was always meant to be. Tailoring your game experience to you.

There are billions of us on this planet, which means billions of different point of views/opinion/likes and dislikes. You can't create a game that will satisfy everyone. Developers need a vision of what their game will be and CP2077 was never meant to be the game many want it to be. That's the beauty of modding, however your vision of the game differs from the developer's, you may be able to achieve it.

The whole point of modding maybe but don't forget the latest consoles that can't benefit from the mod, in my case as a good fan I made it on both platforms and platinum on both platforms ( yes I'm crazy) but I was a fan.

Consoles not being able to take advantage of mods isn't up to CDPR. That's entirely on Sony's and Microsoft's side. Modding has always been a perk of being a PC player - access and control over the game's files that are on your computer. Take it up to Sony and MS. I doubt CDPR would refuse access to mods if Sony and MS were just fine with mods.

For starters, the apartments, I believe, were a plan for free DLC before people even got their hands on the game. There are a few reasons I believe this but they're all linked to things that we can't discuss due to the forums' rules. Same goes for Johnny's appearance and the other free DLCs we received. I'll leave it at that.

Then, you ask how do you measure what people want. As far as I'm concerned, the only way I can gauge people's interest in XYZ feature for the game is through observation. Which is anecdotal and mostly worthless. CDPR though, I suspect, like many other companies, uses various tools to measure player interests in various features. From social medias all the way through to in-game analytics. All of which have varying degrees of accuracy but definitely paint them a neat picture of what people do like and would like to see.

For example, I can safely say that I've observed car combat being one of the most criticized/requested feature. It's anecdotal and largely worthless but, combined with the fact CDPR confirmed they were working on it, I feel safe in saying my observation was correct. Some of the things you are asking for just... aren't all that popular with the playerbase at large. That's my observation. CDPR seems to be seeing the same thing because, frankly, if the vast majority was clamoring to be able to sit anywhere, I doubt they wouldn't invest what little time it would take to add such a mechanic.

Again, it's fine that you want this. I am not belittling your preference and how you would like to experience Night City. That's what modding is for. CDPR cannot cater to every minority asking for XYZ feature. They can't, they would quickly run the company into the ground if they tried to. They have to pick and choose which they want to satisfy, if any. Logically, they'll go for the most popular as these are the most likely to provide a return on their investment. But also, as @LeKill3rFou said here:

Adheres to their own vision of the game.

The simple fact is there are thousands of ways you can improve on a game like Cyberpunk 2077. It's a huge world with almost limitless potential. Mod creators are barely scratching the surface (mostly due to lack of proper tools) and they are modifying the game in very significant ways. Again, it's what modding was always meant to be. Tailoring your game experience to you.

There are billions of us on this planet, which means billions of different point of views/opinion/likes and dislikes. You can't create a game that will satisfy everyone. Developers need a vision of what their game will be and CP2077 was never meant to be the game many want it to be. That's the beauty of modding, however your vision of the game differs from the developer's, you may be able to achieve it.

Consoles not being able to take advantage of mods isn't up to CDPR. That's entirely on Sony's and Microsoft's side. Modding has always been a perk of being a PC player - access and control over the game's files that are on your computer. Take it up to Sony and MS. I doubt CDPR would refuse access to mods if Sony and MS were just fine with mods.
I understand and share your reflection on some things, but if you enter nexusmod which is undoubtedly a good window to see what Cyberpunk PC players want, you will see that the most downloaded mods are now: being able to drink and eat realistically, V appearance, sitting, ripperdocs, appearance and access to closed buildings. It seems that players are looking for a better experience in Night City than that provided by CDPR. The company decides not to invest work in that ok, but nexusmod shows that players love to be able to do more things in the city outside of missions and what CDPR provides seems to them shortly after 2 years. They are good at telling stories but with Cyberpunk 2077 they have proven to be good at creating a city that wants to be alive.

I understand and share your reflection on some things, but if you enter nexusmod which is undoubtedly a good window to see what Cyberpunk PC players want, you will see that the most downloaded mods are now: being able to drink and eat realistically, V appearance, sitting, ripperdocs, appearance and access to closed buildings. It seems that players are looking for a better experience in Night City than that provided by CDPR. The company decides not to invest work in that ok, but nexusmod shows that players love to be able to do more things in the city outside of missions and what CDPR provides seems to them shortly after 2 years. They are good at telling stories but with Cyberpunk 2077 they have proven to be good at creating a city that wants to be alive.

No, they're not.

What you are seeing are "hot mods" which is the most popular of the latest submissions. Go to mods -> top files. Those are the most downloaded files of the last two weeks. It paints a very different picture.

Furthermore, mods aren't a good measurement of anything. You know which mods are always popular regardless of game and/or genres? Nude mods. You can always count on people to get nude mods in. They were amongst the first mods available for CP2077. Does that mean it's a clear indication that the community wants naked people everywhere? Does that mean that nudity will help sell a ton more copies and every game should have naked everything all the time? No, not by a longshot.

Furthermore, let's look at unique downloads. The immersive bartender mod has 12,275 unique downloads at the moment. Let's say CP2077 kept a more or less 50/50 divide between PC and console, that would mean about 10 million PC players with access to mods. Out of those 10 million, let's say only 2 million are actually interested in mods. I think that two million is generous as CET, which a MUST for modding, only has 1.6 million unique downloads.

12,275/2,000,000 = 0.61% of people who mod the game are actually interested in immersive bars. Even if you reduce it to the 1.6 million of CET to boost that % up a bit, it's still just 0.77%. I'm oversimplifying but it's probably not that far off.

That's a very, very small minority within an already small minority.

It's just not worth it from CDPR's standpoint if they base it on Nexus observation.

I also think it is fair to say that it is reasonable to assume certain things are going to appease more players than others just based on general interest in these types of video games

1 - Pretty much everyone will be happy with bug fixes, story content, new skills, new items/weapons/cyberware, cool new gameplay systems like vehicle combat or overhauled melee.

2 - Where as other things are a bit more subjective and will only hit part of the player base. Focus on heavy immersion stuff like... picking up the items you are shopping for, eating food or something like that. Heavier focus on updating romances vs. other content. Car racing being a bigger emphasis.

Which is to say that you are going to see them focus a lot more on the 1 type of stuff (with any game really) while splashing in the 2 type of stuff from time to time. But if you just look at forums, the 2 types of people are generally going to be louder with their requests. I think using forum feedback as an indicator of what the player base wants as a whole is... probably not the best idea. It should be part of the equation, but far from the whole thing. Because there are hundreds or thousands of people on a Cyberpunk forum - but over twenty million people who bought the game. So I'd say something like in game metrics of what people spent the most time on, at what point a lot of people stopped playing and such is probably a significantly better measure than someone making a post like "I want to be able to eat noodles, go on custom dates with Judy and make my car purple instead of green".

I also think it is fair to say that it is reasonable to assume certain things are going to appease more players than others just based on general interest in these types of video games

1 - Pretty much everyone will be happy with bug fixes, story content, new skills, new items/weapons/cyberware, cool new gameplay systems like vehicle combat or overhauled melee.

2 - Where as other things are a bit more subjective and will only hit part of the player base. Focus on heavy immersion stuff like... picking up the items you are shopping for, eating food or something like that. Heavier focus on updating romances vs. other content. Car racing being a bigger emphasis.

Which is to say that you are going to see them focus a lot more on the 1 type of stuff (with any game really) while splashing in the 2 type of stuff from time to time. But if you just look at forums, the 2 types of people are generally going to be louder with their requests. I think using forum feedback as an indicator of what the player base wants as a whole is... probably not the best idea. It should be part of the equation, but far from the whole thing. Because there are hundreds or thousands of people on a Cyberpunk forum - but over twenty million people who bought the game. So I'd say something like in game metrics of what people spent the most time on, at what point a lot of people stopped playing and such is probably a significantly better measure than someone making a post like "I want to be able to eat noodles, go on custom dates with Judy and make my car purple instead of green".

Agreed, it's exactly why I said this in my previous post:

CDPR though, I suspect, like many other companies, uses various tools to measure player interests in various features. From social medias all the way through to in-game analytics. All of which have varying degrees of accuracy but definitely paint them a neat picture of what people do like and would like to see.

No matter which metrics they use, they definitely shouldn't be used in a vacuum without considerations for the other metrics available. Be they in-game or outside of it. You can't have a clear picture without looking at everything available. I doubt CDPR is ignoring what data is available on Nexus but if they do take it into consideration, it's with everything else available to them too.

Although, I disagree that there are certain types being louder about their requests. People are just... loud... with their requests these days. They're more like demands actually. Just generally lol. It seems like it's most people's default stance these days. Maybe this is just an old man's rant (I'm not old, not even middle aged in fact) but things certainly have become..... louder.... these days. Very little moderation or considerations. That's another subject though and definitely one to avoid here.

Ok. Let's dream once again :)
  1. Several additional side quests with Panam, River, Judy, etc. Nothing fancy. To rob somebody, to put in jail somebody, to hack somebody, etc.
  2. Gigs from Arasaka, Militech, Kang Tao. If you work with Arasaka for example others gigs from competings corps will not be available.
  3. Motocycles in city traffic. They just stay everywhere around, not cool at all...
  4. Flashlight / night vision.
  5. Gang level against V - if you kill somebody from Tiger Claw or other band, they will chase you around the city for some time.
  6. Personal radiostation where you can listen external data - online radio streams, youtube or audio files from your PC.
  7. Option for car's / motorcycles selling.
  8. Some immersion effect as a result of V's activities - in TV news, on paper, on walk talks, etc.

Also, will not miss in case of absence of new:
  • haircuts
  • weapons
  • tatoos
  • clothes
  • apartments
  • cars
  • poses for photomode

No, they're not.

What you are seeing are "hot mods" which is the most popular of the latest submissions. Go to mods -> top files. Those are the most downloaded files of the last two weeks. It paints a very different picture.

Furthermore, mods aren't a good measurement of anything. You know which mods are always popular regardless of game and/or genres? Nude mods. You can always count on people to get nude mods in. They were amongst the first mods available for CP2077. Does that mean it's a clear indication that the community wants naked people everywhere? Does that mean that nudity will help sell a ton more copies and every game should have naked everything all the time? No, not by a longshot.

Furthermore, let's look at unique downloads. The immersive bartender mod has 12,275 unique downloads at the moment. Let's say CP2077 kept a more or less 50/50 divide between PC and console, that would mean about 10 million PC players with access to mods. Out of those 10 million, let's say only 2 million are actually interested in mods. I think that two million is generous as CET, which a MUST for modding, only has 1.6 million unique downloads.

12,275/2,000,000 = 0.61% of people who mod the game are actually interested in immersive bars. Even if you reduce it to the 1.6 million of CET to boost that % up a bit, it's still just 0.77%. I'm oversimplifying but it's probably not that far off.

It's just not worth it from CDPR's standpoint if they base it on Nexus observation.
The core point of this options/content integration are synergistic approaches. You will never see such content that is on its own, if you can connect them for an experience the potentiation rises and with this its relevance for integration, the other side are production methods that simplify processes and free resources for other stuff, which again rises the chance. As such, sitting somewhere is irrelevant, but creating an environment where you order gang behavior and receive reflection on your power progress is something else. Means, you want the feel the tension of the moment:, only problem is, that you can't handcraft all points and then again get variation into it, just scene which can't simulate in thrid person without losing its brutality, you are in it:
Inglourious Basterds | Christoph Waltz's Iconic Opening Scene
By not simulating an environment you would in the end end up with the argument, why do a player need at all location and looks as it is theoretically enough to describe it writtinely to imagine them!?

You have a logical hierarchy:
  1. Story content - without it even bug fixes are irrelevant
  2. New skills, new items/weapons/cyberware - progression has to be simulated, a story demands it
  3. Bug fixes
  4. Overhauled melee - action to realize progress in game, fun in domination of power strength projection of the player
  5. Vehicle combat - mostly useless as there is not meaning in it a game play mechanic, the question when do you really need it, needs procedural missions, if not you just can script it is already in game?
The other things aren't subjective, you could equally say, we don't need the NC as environment, some tunnel with start and end does the job. This reduction approach doesn't do the estimation. The same counts for advertisements, all this things transport atmosphere and generate the emotions and feeling for the interpretation of the story.

The question is, what do you want? Do you want conversation that take your breath like the "Inglourious Basterds" scene, and a reason to experience it. The only difference between siting somewhere and not is the meaning of procedural and AI created content to scripted story telling for which one needs adaptive mechanics. Means, unlimited content in opposite to one way consumption content. A procedural solution can be adapted to other situations too, as for romances etc. If I ask for romance I don't want romances, I want something more common, conversations, in the end modular adaptive storytelling, romance are just a modular possibility for them. Maybe five until fifteen years and we are there, AI, procedural and other conventional solution allow to order wast amount of possibilities. I would claim we are there already, but the industry is lazy and the funds in time costs to envision this are to big, time is money on an iteration of a game. Maybe someone has to plan this on the long run, like building a driving game, multiplayer of a specific scale and after this small projects fusing the knowledge into one game. It is likely that CDPR and the market are to small for such an attempt, last which I think less, more likely the talents are missing to go further and to develop a selling brand. It is likely that production methods and actual game development are things to split, to have constant evolution, and no idle times. Could be split into, what do you need for an actual project, and, what is the next step in game simulation.

Last edited:
No, they're not.

You look like a CDPR manager who doesn't want to waste time with my pleas and pleas. I'm kidding. I understand. :coolstory:

But man you have not understood my words, I said that if you go to nexusmods you will see that "now" (not in 2 months) the most downloaded mods are those. They are new mods, they cannot be on the list of the most downloaded mods in the last 2 months, you have to wait a bit for that. I am only saying that it is a piece of information of interest to the players, outside of what CDPR gives us. A small number of players, yes, but for me it is relevant because it shows a trend among a group of players. We cannot know what the thousands of players who neither write reviews nor comment on forums nor download mods want or do not want, or yes, I don't know if CDPR has tools included in the game for that.

I am then trapped by my own vision of the game and by my own experiences that I want to live in it and what I mention as improvements, they are not for the majority but only for me and a few others. Well okkk, so in that case I'm wrong and I shouldn't waste time proposing improvements, because they are only important to me and a very small % of players. I'm being self centered who screams like a little kid.

Maybe I have too immersive a vision of this game and I stray from reality easily.

Despite this, CDPR has shown their intention to add features to the game that enhance immersion and interaction in the city, which makes me think that they would also like to have some of those features in the game that are not connected with the history.

They have dedicated resources to immersion and interaction such as "make yourself a coffee" but instead being able to eat or drink realistically when you consume a product is for a minority of players and CDPR is not interested. I don't know, I'm confused, I have the door closed to the realistic consumption of products but CDPR winks at me when I can sit in an apartment playing the guitar, having a coffee, smoking a cigarette or having a whiskey.

These jobs are made to enjoy the city between missions inside the apartment and pursue the same experience as when you ask to be able to do it in food stalls or a bar in the city. They are both there in Night City and you can interact with them but in a very simple way. It is in those moments when I get frustrated with an experience that the game proposes to me but does not exist.

Can you understand how these things about being able to have coffee make me think that maybe CDPR might also like "some interaction" in the city outside of missions?

Granted we may be a tiny minority, but CDPR does some immersive new work totally unconnected to the story, why do they like it too?

CDPR does not do these works because it interests very few (as you say), or it does not do it because it does not want to waste more time and close the work on Cyberpunk 2077 after Phatom Liberty. It is not on its agenda and end.

It's not easy, it's a complex game that, as you say, allows thousands of things, but showing us candy and not letting us eat the whole cake is what makes me write these comments.

Last edited:
Sometimes I tell myself that they should simply resell the license to enthusiasts who would go in the right direction with this universe which is a nugget of possibility of immersion and RPG sooner than chasing money. Because what they've become since the days of the witcher 1 is nothing but a chase after money. The series for example, their shops of clothing objects, the excessive marketing, going so far as to hire real movie stars, either we make games or cinema. Putting a layer on the witcher 4 in Nioh / ghost of tsuchima mode, is it the witcher universe? Or simply a fashion on the "Asian" universe that can pay off? I find that there is a lot of excess to the detriment of the root: the video game. Yet the employees, those who develop the games are really talented and do very high quality, the problem I think comes (as everywhere) from those who pull the strings, who see their profitability above all else by forgetting the universe video games, which is not a passion for them but a business. Honestly, they should question themselves.

You look like a CDPR manager who doesn't want to waste time with my pleas and pleas. I'm kidding. I understand. :coolstory:

I obviously am not but I do have very in-depth knowledge of the internal mechanics of companies in general. Trying to consider all pleas is indeed a waste of time. A waste of time and, more importantly, resources/money that will ultimately bite you.

But man you have not understood my words, I said that if you go to nexusmods you will see that "now" (not in 2 months) the most downloaded mods are those. They are new mods, they cannot be on the list of the most downloaded mods in the last 2 months, you have to wait a bit for that. I am only saying that it is a piece of information of interest to the players, outside of what CDPR gives us. A small number of players, yes, but for me it is relevant because it shows a trend among a group of players. We cannot know what the thousands of players who neither write reviews nor comment on forums nor download mods want or do not want, or yes, I don't know if CDPR has tools included in the game for that.

You claim I misunderstood your words but then immediately proceed to say "not in 2 months" when I clearly said "two weeks". It is also clearly indicated as such at the top of the top mod list. Why do you think I used the immersive bars as an example? Because it's been out for more than two weeks.

I am then trapped by my own vision of the game and by my own experiences that I want to live in it and what I mention as improvements, they are not for the majority but only for me and a few others. Well okkk, so in that case I'm wrong and I shouldn't waste time proposing improvements, because they are only important to me and a very small % of players. I'm being self centered who screams like a little kid.

Maybe I have too immersive a vision of this game and I stray from reality easily.

Despite this, CDPR has shown their intention to add features to the game that enhance immersion and interaction in the city, which makes me think that they would also like to have some of those features in the game that are not connected with the history.

They have dedicated resources to immersion and interaction such as "make yourself a coffee" but instead being able to eat or drink realistically when you consume a product is for a minority of players and CDPR is not interested. I don't know, I'm confused, I have the door closed to the realistic consumption of products but CDPR winks at me when I can sit in an apartment playing the guitar, having a coffee, smoking a cigarette or having a whiskey.

These jobs are made to enjoy the city between missions inside the apartment and pursue the same experience as when you ask to be able to do it in food stalls or a bar in the city. They are both there in Night City and you can interact with them but in a very simple way. It is in those moments when I get frustrated with an experience that the game proposes to me but does not exist.

Can you understand how these things about being able to have coffee make me think that maybe CDPR might also like "some interaction" in the city outside of missions?

Granted we may be a tiny minority, but CDPR does some immersive new work totally unconnected to the story, why do they like it too?

CDPR does not do these works because it interests very few (as you say), or it does not do it because it does not want to waste more time and close the work on Cyberpunk 2077 after Phatom Liberty. It is not on its agenda and end.

It's not easy, it's a complex game that, as you say, allows thousands of things, but showing us candy and not letting us eat the whole cake is what makes me write these comments.

Let me be clear, no one, is saying you're like a child throwing a tantrum. No one. In fact, I've gone out of my way to make it clear I am not belittling your opinion. Your opinion is valid. The problem is that you don't seem to understand how businesses like CDPR are run. Not only because it's better but because they have to. For a variety of reasons.

You're approaching this from a very emotional "what about me" standpoint and that's just not how businesses are run.

I can assure you that the people at CDPR all want to give you this highly immersive world with a billion interactive actions and every little detail necessary to literally live a second life in NC. While also delivering everything else. The thing is, they can't. It's a matter of resources. If CDPR was operating on an unlimited budget, things would be very different and I would stand right by you in saying they have to add these things. But they don't. They have to pick and choose.

Sometimes I tell myself that they should simply resell the license to enthusiasts who would go in the right direction with this universe which is a nugget of possibility of immersion and RPG sooner than chasing money.

The right direction?

What's the right direction? Cause if 20 million+ copies sold and positive ratings all around (these days) is the wrong direction then I can point to many games/IP considered to be highly successful who would gladly take this wrong direction.

The rest of your post I'm not addressing because it's, frankly, a lot of nonsense.

The other things aren't subjective, you could equally say, we don't need the NC as environment, some tunnel with start and end does the job. This reduction approach doesn't do the estimation. The same counts for advertisements, all this things transport atmosphere and generate the emotions and feeling for the interpretation of the story.

I could say that, but I won't. Because we are talking about patch content and content prioritization - not building an entire game from the ground up. :shrug:

I obviously am not but I do have very in-depth knowledge of the internal mechanics of companies in general. Trying to consider all pleas is indeed a waste of time. A waste of time and, more importantly, resources/money that will ultimately bite you.

You claim I misunderstood your words but then immediately proceed to say "not in 2 months" when I clearly said "two weeks". It is also clearly indicated as such at the top of the top mod list. Why do you think I used the immersive bars as an example? Because it's been out for more than two weeks.

Let me be clear, no one, is saying you're like a child throwing a tantrum. No one. In fact, I've gone out of my way to make it clear I am not belittling your opinion. Your opinion is valid. The problem is that you don't seem to understand how businesses like CDPR are run. Not only because it's better but because they have to. For a variety of reasons.

You're approaching this from a very emotional "what about me" standpoint and that's just not how businesses are run.

I can assure you that the people at CDPR all want to give you this highly immersive world with a billion interactive actions and every little detail necessary to literally live a second life in NC. While also delivering everything else. The thing is, they can't. It's a matter of resources. If CDPR was operating on an unlimited budget, things would be very different and I would stand right by you in saying they have to add these things. But they don't. They have to pick and choose.

The right direction?

What's the right direction? Cause if 20 million+ copies sold and positive ratings all around (these days) is the wrong direction then I can point to many games/IP considered to be highly successful who would gladly take this wrong direction.

The rest of your post I'm not addressing because it's, frankly, a lot of nonsense.
I like reading your reflections, they make me put my feet back on the ground. I don't want a life simulator either, I've already mentioned it, just a little more love in the interactions, but yes, the game has definitely been a best-seller as it is, so I know it's impossible for it to get a little more immersive depth because it let's say here.

I hope modders can add what CDPR has created of immersion and interaction for the new apartments to all of Night City. And hopefully you get some immersive surprises in future patches.

I will be happy with an improvement in the police systems, combat and what they decide to include. And if there is more immersion and interaction it will be great for me.

The right direction?

Yes it's better for you that you don't talk about other things, and the right direction indeed, a dlc after 2 years that will be incorporated in the middle of the story from two years ago, with the same ends, same beginning: it is zero. As for other nonsense, as you say, if you're a carpet dealer, you're not a car dealer. You have to stop wanting to mix everything up and approach different environments in order to always make more money. Also concerning the witcher 4 I'm sorry but go read the books, I don't think you'll find a passage where he talks to you about katana and kimono.

Like for example this figure from CDPR as pretty as she is sold for 219 USD :

figurine-geralt-ronin-cdprojeckt-300x300.png

At one point I'm sorry but we have to accept the truth about what has become of CDPR to day.

Last edited:
I would love to be able to change what the "x" and middle mouse buttons use in the Inventory screen (don't know which buttons this corresponds to consoles).
It seems that "x" is only dedicated to healing items which I don't use that often or at all, don't know about you all, but the middle mouse can use multiple things such as grenades, food, cyberware mods and the like. It would be nice to have that freedom at least to change what you can use on the fly.

Top Bottom