What game are you currently playing

+
Scribblenauts Unlimited. Basic idea is to use a notepad to write words that then pop into existence, and edit objects/people by adding/removing adjectives, to solve NPCs' problems.

Game is super fun, especially as it allows for... less than conventional solutions. Creativity and imagination add a LOT to the game. :LOL:

I started on dragon age inquisition then had a mid game crisis and realized I was playing both DGI and witcher, wasn't going to finish either, so I stopped dgi and decided to just force myself to ploughin' finish witcher 3... main story..

RDR2 has the most amazing horse controls and animations ever. I was shooting some bandits and my horse started doing this nifty dressage side step until it actually knocked a dude down.

Got a Switch recently as a present. I've been playing Smash Bros. Ultimate, and Mario Maker 2 then.
I can say that the console and games feel better than the Wii and Wii-U... nothing comparable.
And as I had doubts that the joycons will last long, I bought a good old pad to play with.

I'm enjoying walking around and drinking Monster drinks in Death Stranding. Kinda sounds like things I used to do in my teens.

I'm having a lot of fun with it, that is.. When it's not crashing to desktop.. :facepalm:.

I was sooo afraid that would be the case. From what I'm reading, it's not terrible...but it's not great.

(Almost like Rockstar has never dealt with PC games before...:disapprove:...)

So...I guess I'll wait. (Still haven't finished Monster Hunter World. :p)

Almost like Rockstar has never dealt with PC games before...:disapprove:...)

Mm-hmm. My sentiment exactly. I spent *far* too much time troubleshooting the game from someone like frikin Rockstar, and I'm still plowing through the frequent crashing.. Mostly because the game is sooo damn good. Otherwise I would've shelved it the second day...

UI bugs, cursor bugs, DX12 bugs, performance bugs/crashing - seems there's one instance of the game crashing if the CPU is getting used too much (I mean, really!?). *sigh*... an excellent game pretty much screwed over by a crappy launch.

Last edited:
recently reinstalled GTA SA from my DvD again and modded it "to 2019"
quite the blast again in the first few minutes alone, i must say.

Destiny 2: New Light (free on PS4). I was a keen Destiny 1 player. I have never liked/played FPS except this one. The Destiny 1 demo was a huge, positive surprise. I just wanted to see how ‘modern’ high-end games look like. I did most of gaming in times of Civilisation, Eye of the Beholder, Dungeon Mater, Dune, Wizardry VII and Lands of Lore to name a few. Bought PS4 for x-mas about 6 years ago to play Diablo III with my girlfriend. She was a keen Diablo 2 gamer back in the day. She’s a lawyer now :) I played Destiny (bought the full game with all DLC) when she studied for bar exams. Later decided not to spend time and money on Destiny 2. I don’t have time to play much. Occasional game of Gwent was cool but became very repetitive and frustrating, especially at higher ranks. Now I have occasional Crucible (PvP) shootout, which is lot of fun!

Guest 4368268

Playing God of War, heard many people say for them it's up there with the Witcher and I fully agree. Not exactly a game that needs promotion but still, it's a wonderful one :cool:

Disco Elysium, really good writing and characters. Has to be the first game which does not have fully voiced dialogues where i don't mind reading this much..JRPGs are some of those games where i just can't bother to read those dialogues.
It's essentially a point and click RPG where everything goes through dialogues, discovery and skill checks.

Another game I've really spending a lot of time on is Lego Harry Potter. Currently playing Years 1-4 but I do have Years 5-7 waiting as well.

Of the "official" games I've only played Prisoner of Azkaban on PC (absolutely loved it) and Goblet of Fire on the Xbox (not a particularly good game) but I've seen videos of all eight games -- and these Lego ones really are vastly different, beyond just the Lego aspect. Incredibly fun though. Blasting Lego trees, using spells to build, destroy, and manipulate Lego structures, fighting Lego monsters, collecting studs (little coin-shaped pieces in various colours)... what's not to like. he characters are really well done, too, although they don't speak other than in mumbles and mutters.

I used to think these games were for kids -- but they sure are entertaining for adults as well. :D

(I'd love to play some of the "official" Harry Potter games as well, but I've a feeling they'd be hard to find as I don't think they're sold digitally. Their official site doesn't have anything and I've only ever seen CD/DVD versions.
I think GoF still exists in our collection -- and the console does too -- but I don't miss that one. PoA I'm pretty sure has been sold, and I doubt it'd run on Win 10 anyway.)

Top Bottom