What game are you currently playing

+
Gone retro and inflicting myself to the pain and anguish that was Daikatana. A game that was hyped even more than many new games are now and delivered a mediocre shooter with AI that was lousy at best.

Girl Genius - Adventures In Castle Heterodyne. Don't get scared away by the graphics, they are made to fit the cartoon that inspired the game. The big bosses can easily beat your ass if you are not awake.

Last edited:
Still at Rainbow Six.

In this one, the enemy got very eager to keep hopping out. Once I bullied them enough to stay indoors, I got in there and ended them.

And here we played peek a boo

Last edited:
At the moment I seem to be jumping between Cyberpunk, Valheim and Cities Skylines 2.

How are you liking Cities?

I started tinkering with it yesterday. I'm not suffering from the performance many, if not most, are reporting and I'm liking the improvements I've noticed from the first game so far but my time has been very limited.

How is that working for you? I saw a mountain of complaints about performance (but also many saying the opposite), and the Steam review score at Mostly Negative.

I mean, I saw people with much better PCs reporting low 10s FPS. Which is terrible. But I'm getting decent enough performance. Definitely not what I feel it should be all things considered but high 40s - low 50s fps is enough for a city manager

Edit: it's on Gamepass by the way. After I saw the mostly negative reviews, I wanted to try it before buying at full price

Now, you're talking about Cities Skylines 2...
I didn't really check on the store this month, knowning it was announced on game pass, so it would appear on the home page, in theory. But it didn't...
And yes, apparently they postponed the release on consoles by at least 6 months, sad :(

Edit : The end of the year promised to be (really) great, but on Xbox it appear to not be as great as expected. BG3 postponed without any release date and no info at all... Cities Skylines 2, "maybe" spring 2024...

Now, you're talking about Cities Skylines 2...
I didn't really check on the store this month, knowning it was announced on game pass, so it would appear on the home page, in theory. But it didn't...
And yes, apparently they postponed the release on consoles by at least 6 months, sad :(

Edit : The end of the year promised to be (really) great, but on Xbox it appear to not be as great as expected. BG3 postponed without any release date and no info at all... Cities Skylines 2, "maybe" spring 2024...

Actually, for BG3, Larian confirmed they were confident they would release in 2023 just a few days ago.

Considering their track record, I don't doubt them. You should get to experience the absolute greatness that is BG3 before 2024.

Actually, for BG3, Larian confirmed they were confident they would release in 2023 just a few days ago.

Considering their track record, I don't doubt them. You should get to experience the absolute greatness that is BG3 before 2024.
Not so hopeful... I mean as far as I understood, it was "just" because an issue in coop between Series X and Series S. Already 3 months just for "that", annoying :(

Beside, if the game is released at full price (i.e same as PS5/PC in august), I won't buy it directly. No way, not 6 months later than everyone else. So no probably not before 2024 anyway :giggle:

Not so hopeful... I mean as far as I understood, it was "just" because an issue in coop between Series X and Series S. Already 3 months just for "that", annoying :(

Beside, if the game is released at full price (i.e same as PS5/PC in august), I won't buy it directly. No way, not 6 months later than everyone else. So no probably not before 2024 anyway :giggle:

It's due to coop splitscreen on the series s alone. The console just isn't powerful enough to handle it. The studio feels it's a must for the game and MS requires both versions to be equal feature-wise so it's either drop splitscreen completely (which is no-no) or find a way to make it work on series s. MS didn't care about it because they thought BG3 wasn't going to be the smashing success it was.

Then MS eventually wanted some of that sweet BG3 success and conceded that the series s launches without splitscreen coop.

Meanwhile, most of the studio focused on making the PC and PS5 versions even bbetter. Small team. Hence the time. At least you'll get all the quality of life improvements right away.

I really don't get your argument about paying full price. I personally base my willingness to pay full price on a game's quality/perceived quality and how interested I am in it. Not whether people got to experience it before I do. That seems rather vindictive to me, especially when the product is known to be of incredible quality and other people's getting to experience it before you did has no effect on you. But it's your prerogative!

It's due to coop splitscreen on the series s alone. The console just isn't powerful enough to handle it. The studio feels it's a must for the game and MS requires both versions to be equal feature-wise so it's either drop splitscreen completely (which is no-no) or find a way to make it work on series s. MS didn't care about it because they thought BG3 wasn't going to be the smashing success it was.

Then MS eventually wanted some of that sweet BG3 success and conceded that the series s launches without splitscreen coop.

Meanwhile, most of the studio focused on making the PC and PS5 versions even bbetter. Small team. Hence the time. At least you'll get all the quality of life improvements right away.
I don't really get the argument about Series S wasn't powerful enough... How PCs handle splitscreen?
Not sure it's available, I guess yes. But the difference is even bigger, if for example one PC run a 4080 and another one run a 2080 (or even an AMD card).
I really don't get your argument about paying full price. I personally base my willingness to pay full price on a game's quality/perceived quality and how interested I am in it. Not whether people got to experience it before I do. That seems rather vindictive to me, especially when the product is known to be of incredible quality and other people's getting to experience it before you did has no effect on you. But it's your prerogative!
When I say "full price", it's the price others paid it months before. So when it will be released on Xbox, if I already saw the game on sale on Steam for example, it won't push me to buy it right away...

Beside, don't get me wrong I really, really love Larian. Their games are masterpieces. I pre-ordered/bought DOS2 as game preview...
It wouldn't have bothered me to "pre-order" it or buy a "game preview" in august... even with bugs, even without splitscreen. But months after everyone else, nope.
So sure I will buy it, sure it's a great game, but I'll wait until the game is on sale :)

I don't really get the argument about Series S wasn't powerful enough... How PCs handle splitscreen?
Not sure it's available, I guess yes. But the difference is even bigger, if for example one PC run a 4080 and another one run a 2080 (or even an AMD card).

I can't speak to how it works on PC personally but my understanding is start an MP with a friend next to you and go splitscreen and it only works with controllers.

This is local split screen. There is no concerns of one PC being X and the other being Y. It's all happening on the same hardware.

That's the part the series s couldn't handle. Two players on the same console doing everything the game allows you to - which is a lot.

When I say "full price", it's the price others paid it months before. So when it will be released on Xbox, if I already saw the game on sale on Steam for example, it won't push me to buy it right away...

Beside, don't get me wrong I really, really love Larian. Their games are masterpieces. I pre-ordered/bought DOS2 as game preview...
It wouldn't have bothered me to "pre-order" it or buy a "game preview" in august... even with bugs, even without splitscreen. But months after everyone else, nope.
So sure I will buy it, sure it's a great game, but I'll wait until the game is on sale :)

I understood what you meant by full price. What I don't understand is why would they be less deserving of the full amount because they couldn't release on Xbox prior to when they do.

But like I said, it's your prerogative.

Top Bottom