What game are you currently playing

+
The term has unfortunately become a fighting term in certain circles due to its subsequently falsified definition.

But to come back to BG3: The content and technical implementation sets a new standard for me. Simply also technically damn good work.

As long as it isent used as propaganda i dont consider it woke tbh, sometimes i do roll my eyes at some choices they make and the way some companys seem to want to lecture people. Generally i dont go nuts about it tho, i might just skip that game if its bad enough and the game isent that good either. Its the same with tv shows and movies and so on. Im not exactly anti woke, but anti making shit too lecture people.

Im enjoying BG3 too and havent notice any woke stuff, sure theres lgbt couples in it, but its just side convos or your own choices. It was kinda similar in Hogwards btw.

OK, I've seen some gameplay videos, and I gotta say that while it ain't no Witcher, it's the second best thing as far as Medieval Fantasy games are concerned. It deserves the praise. This game feels like what I would have wanted the Dragon Age series to be after Origins. 0% woke, you can romance the character you like and it is treated in a natural way, like it doesn't matter at all, because it fucking doesn't.

Last but not least, Shadowheart :ohstopit:

Last edited:
Surfing the Playstation store, and noticed the golf games on a big discount. I haven't played one in years, so bought the new EA PGA Tour game at 50% off. Downloaded it, started to play career, and found out that an online connection is required. The game says career mode is offline, but down in the fine print so to speak, it says that an online connection is still required to play the "offline" content.

GRRRR. I hate Electronic Arts and rarely buy anything from them. Broke my own rule, and got burned. Requested and was denied a refund.

Since I now wanted to play a golf game, I purchased the 2K Tiger Woods version at 75% off. It's not as pretty as the new EA game, but it plays well. So, I'm happy with it and having fun learning to swing just right.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Reminder to self: never buy an Electronic Arts game. (that's my own rule -- nobody else has to follow it)

Like many others, Baldur's Gate 3. Currently in Act III. It's great. Probably a top 5 game for me. Maybe a top 3. We'll see if the story sticks the landing.

Like many others, Baldur's Gate 3. Currently in Act III. It's great. Probably a top 5 game for me. Maybe a top 3. We'll see if the story sticks the landing.
Act 3 is where the story fell apart for me, but some people like the final act. Although, now that I've edited the game to be able to pass a massive skill check if I so choose (not going to give any details on where or how that happens), I might give it another shot.

BG3 is the kind of game I wished Bioware would have done after DAO. Feels like a Bioware game back when it was a company known for quality and never disappointing. Would probably be the best medieval fantasy game ever made if The Witcher didn't exist (for me it's the best custom character medieval fantasy RPG, at least).

BG3 is the kind of game I wished Bioware would have done after DAO. Feels like a Bioware game back when it was a company known for quality and never disappointing. Would probably be the best medieval fantasy game ever made if The Witcher didn't exist (for me it's the best custom character medieval fantasy RPG, at least).
Going far back into the good old Bioware days, when the doctors ran the company, the dragon age franchise was going to be their version of BG3. I think that they wanted to get away from Wizards. I'm sure that the posts are long gone, but their early vision for dragon age was amazing. Then EA bought them.

Act 3 is where the story fell apart for me, but some people like the final act. Although, now that I've edited the game to be able to pass a massive skill check if I so choose (not going to give any details on where or how that happens), I might give it another shot.
I'm playing Wyl as my main with 2 levels in Warlock and 9 Levels in Swords Bard. Expertise in persuasion goes a long way.

I'm playing Horizon forbidden west, finally!
What a blast of a game, loved the first one, am loving this one except for some story/character choices (related to a topic people were discussing about another game above but I won't get back into that discussion.
Story overall though, I'm really impressed with how they managed to create such a good one, the setting, the tribes,... for a sequel to that first game and story. We all knew a second one wouldn't benifit from all the exposition the first one had. It's an origins story for Aloy, a slow introduction to the world and why it is how it is and when it is.

Having a blast, having a blast. I started my first run on very hard and am only now with an arsenal to end some fights quickly. I started with hard but restarted after the open world area in very hard because after I bought this game I went back to replaying ZD on my first new game + of that game on very hard and the difference in machine AI from hard to VH is abysmal. The game would be even better if we could customize these settings. I would enjoy a Hard setting for enemy bullet sponge and VH for enemy AI.

The negatives for me, only in comparison to the first are:
- there are bugs, the fauna is constantly disappearing for me, either because a machine is close to engaging or after a kill when I move in to collect (sadist!)... There must have been bugs on the first one but I don't remember even, so very minor.
- the machine AI isn't as good. Enemy machines and companion machines. My mounts love to stare at my hardcore fights 10 ft away from them with perfect demeanor. Sometimes they'll walk slowly (maybe seductively) to an enemy and go berserk for a bit. On the other hand if I convert a mount to aggressive I can't do sneaking anymore XD there should be a way to make an aggressive machine not follow us around when prompted so we could leave it away from the combat area.

I'm playing Horizon forbidden west, finally!
What a blast of a game, loved the first one, am loving this one except for some story/character choices (related to a topic people were discussing about another game above but I won't get back into that discussion.
Story overall though, I'm really impressed with how they managed to create such a good one, the setting, the tribes,... for a sequel to that first game and story. We all knew a second one wouldn't benifit from all the exposition the first one had. It's an origins story for Aloy, a slow introduction to the world and why it is how it is and when it is.

Having a blast, having a blast. I started my first run on very hard and am only now with an arsenal to end some fights quickly. I started with hard but restarted after the open world area in very hard because after I bought this game I went back to replaying ZD on my first new game + of that game on very hard and the difference in machine AI from hard to VH is abysmal. The game would be even better if we could customize these settings. I would enjoy a Hard setting for enemy bullet sponge and VH for enemy AI.

The negatives for me, only in comparison to the first are:
- there are bugs, the fauna is constantly disappearing for me, either because a machine is close to engaging or after a kill when I move in to collect (sadist!)... There must have been bugs on the first one but I don't remember even, so very minor.
- the machine AI isn't as good. Enemy machines and companion machines. My mounts love to stare at my hardcore fights 10 ft away from them with perfect demeanor. Sometimes they'll walk slowly (maybe seductively) to an enemy and go berserk for a bit. On the other hand if I convert a mount to aggressive I can't do sneaking anymore XD there should be a way to make an aggressive machine not follow us around when prompted so we could leave it away from the combat area.
I loved it. I think the story was better in the first game, but the combat and mechanics are a bit more refined in the second game. Some decisions are odd though, like getting rid of everyone's favorite power armor. I like the teamwork elements in the second game, as well as the way the developers turned that aspect into an in-game character maturation story for Aloy. After experiencing the freedom of having flying mounts, I don't think I could go back to the first game. I spent many hours just flying around and taking in the scenery.

Top Bottom