What is wrong with Casuals?

+
What is wrong with Casuals?

I stopped playing Gwent about 5 months ago after reaching Master(When it was actually considered an accomplishment), I just started playing Gwent again recently and for some reason literally like 75% of the time my opponent just purposely throws the game... either just playing cards randomly or sometimes just roping until they discard a card.

Why do people keep doing that??? its so annoying that I cant really find a decent match to experiment without playing ranked...

On casual players are testing new decks. Some players give up because they realize the decks they just build aren't working and is time to go back to deck builder

well. I'm new to game. but usualy everyone is playing fair and not like idiot.
except one match today

I must be lucky. I play this game since closed beta and i only got maybe 2-3 players that rope-discard without playing and none that plays cards randomly.

inacion;n9938601 said:
On casual players are testing new decks. Some players give up because they realize the decks they just build aren't working and is time to go back to deck builder

It's not that people quit they literally throw, just playing random shit like playing Lacerate on your own row ect.

What i don't get is why people play so extremely slow at the moment. So many games where people with 2 cards in their hands need the full time every friggin turn. as far as i am concerned they can lower the time per turn to 30 seconds.

TheEpicWhale;n9952161 said:
I know the difference between a person thinking and a person stalling.

That is an amazing skill to always know when someone is thinking or stalling. Please share with us this gift!

TheZirrKing;n9938201 said:
I stopped playing Gwent about 5 months ago after reaching Master(When it was actually considered an accomplishment), I just started playing Gwent again recently and for some reason literally like 75% of the time my opponent just purposely throws the game...

Its a self contained answer. The game got easier and easier and "average" quality of players dropped massively. Theres too many decks in the game now that are virtually autopilot that when you disrupt what the guide tells them to do and they have to actually think about their move themselves, they simply dont know what to do and fuck the play up.

I absolutely loved Gwent in the original Witcher 3. I loved every single match!

When I saw that the dedicated Gwent Game was in public beta, I immediately installed it. And I must say that after a good amount of matches, I am really astonished: This game ist the most unbalanced one I ever came across. I can't even beat the basic training matches becauses I get crushed mostly in the first third of the match with results like 15 (me) - 68 (AI) with me having two or three cards for the next round - most of them useless.

If that is intended to get players into paying for card packs with real money, that cannot be true. Hey, it's CDPR, that can't be true!!. I know that. But what went so horribly wrong with balancing the decks that players with almost equal level will have a chance of winning a match?!

(Note: I tried almost every basic deck with a few extra cards I got from opening those kegs.)

I do not think that there is something wrong with the "casuals". The point is that if you get crushed hard in almost every match not matter how hard you try, the game gets pretty pointless for "not-hardcore-players" or players who refuse winning with their wallets.

I am really disappointed. I really hoped for much more...

Last edited:
hKing, I had a similar problem when I first installed Gwent months ago, in that I found the tutorial challenges (at least some of them) absurdly hard for what I thought they were supposed to be.

Don't give up hope though! Honestly this game is really one where your skill does make a big difference. Recently I re-did the challenges on my girlfriend's new account, and they were an absolute cake-walk. Once you get a good 'feel' for the game, I swear you wont find them half as bad as you do now.

hKing;n9956471 said:
I can't even beat the basic training matches becauses I get crushed mostly in the first third of the match with results like 15 (me) - 68 (AI) with me having two or three cards for the next round - most of them useless.

Now that I look back to those beginnings i believe Dagon in particular was more frustrating than pretty much any real match that came after. Every beginning is hard, both because you lack the card pool and experience, but if you persist you will see the game is actually quite rewarding and IMO decently balanced at the moment.

Nah, I am done with it. I played a couple more casual matches after I wrote my initial post here - crushed, crushed, crushed, crushed, almost won, crushed, crushed. Thanks.

I don't want to ruin my experiences I had with the Witcher 3 with the more than crappy experiences I have with this very one.

This game is not for me, altough I loved Gwent in the Witcher 3.

hKing;n9956471 said:
This game ist the most unbalanced one I ever came across. I can't even beat the basic training matches becauses I get crushed mostly in the first third of the match with results like 15 (me) - 68 (AI) with me having two or three cards for the next round - most of them useless.

It's definitely possible to win all AI challenges with pretty basic cards but at the beginning it might be a bit overwhelming sometimes. I'm sure you'll manage with time.

Against the AI weather cards are usually very very effective. And you need to know when to pass.
Sometimes it's better to give up a round. No matter if you are playing against the computer, or a real opponent.

If you get the hang of it, it will become easier for you :)

devivre;n9956821 said:
If you get the hang of it, it will become easier for you :)

Thank you, but I am done. Literally.
After nearly three dozen matches with a whopping 0 wins (!) and like 95% utterly crashed, I am really done and upset.
Holy crap this game is bad.

Top Bottom