What may be included in the big patches in Jan and Feb?

+
As CDPR said that there would be large patches in Jan and Feb respectively. What may be in them? Only bug fixes? Does anyone have a clue? Many thanks.

I think that firstly and foremostly they're focused on making the game run and work for everyone. You can't begin adding featrures if the foundation is still catching fire every couple hours.

I wouldn't hold my breath for anything other than a huge list of bug and performance fixes.

iCake

Forum veteran
I expect the game to have a good enough AI and see way less bugs by then. Nothing beyond that though. Although I'd be surprised if keybinding adjustments with rebindable "F" and introduction of dedicated dodge, walk buttons won't be made. Also, the ability to change your looks is a good bet as well. Beyond that... I don't think so.

I just finished the game, see you fellas in december 2021, I will probably spend at worst 1 month pushing my itemization agenda and then give up given a new game pop up.
As for wishlist a total revamp in the RPG system or in the itemization at least. They managed to make the worst decision possible for how you gear you character with the ARPG loot philosophy, they should had stick to CP2020 rules.

CDPR Quote
"Expect more, as we will update frequently whenever new improvements are ready. After the holidays, we’ll continue working — we’ll release two large patches starting with Patch #1 in January. This will be followed by Patch #2 in February. Together these should fix the most prominent problems gamers are facing on last-gen consoles"

so these little patches are just the "update frequently whenever new improvements are ready."

big patches should not only include fixes to the game as they are pushing those whenever ready, but we should see overall/overhaul gameplay improvements.
id expect to see things like the police system implemented/reworked, and any other little things the team were working on, but unable to get into the final release version, possibly additional quests, or relationship options.

But we'll have to wait to see.
at very least if they don't have any real improvements aside from bug fixes, they will most likely release a roadmap of DLC/FLC, as thats a highly requested thing.

There is no way of knowing what will come, but I always start from something possible, real in the midst of a pandemic (which many forget - I also don't know why).

I know something, I have read many, maybe half a billion, posts, topics, on the forum that points fingers at executives when they rush developers, according to them, forcing them to work in conditions similar to slavery.

What I will not do is behave like these so-called executives, in other words, imagine that developers will solve everything in a mere two months or mere days ...

When I criticize something, I talk about myself, I try, at least, not to act like who I criticize.

1 week after the release? People are fickle.

It shouldn't have been released in the first place. They shouldn't have announced it was going to be released, so there wouldn't have been delays. They should have stayed with their initial "It'll be ready when it's ready" line and not say anything more.

The fact that it was announced and then delayed so many times leads me to believe they were being pressured to release from somewhere other than fans.

Now I'm just going to conjecture, speculate

What I think will come are fixes in both patches, but the biggest fixes or those that require more time, like AIs, for example. Problems in Ray Tracing (which, in my view, has nothing to do with the game but with nvidia drivers and their latest cards with technologies that do not work according to some). Cyberpunk is a multiplatform game, I believe that there is an effort by many, including other companies, to correct these more serious problems that involve the game.

I expect DLCs, expansions, maybe, just for throughout the year, and then first semester, Q3 and Q4.

Yellow screen with apology that mentioned both updates, was mainly about performance issues on consoles.
So I've got the impression it's not about adding content at all. At least not yet.

Bug fixes, console and PC performance issues, stability, maybe some perks, combat , itemization balance changes etc. This is what I would expect first.

We still have no clue what they actualy planning to do with this game.

Even in this 48 minutes gameplay reveal, which is published 2 years ago, there are a lot of systems which isn't exist in present version.
I know that developers have a lot of good ideas, but the game doesn't include most of them, IDK why.
Well, I really don't know whether a "update" can improve game that much, up to our expectations. But if it happens, then it will be the real Cyberpunk 2077.

Even in this 48 minutes gameplay reveal, which is published 2 years ago, there are a lot of systems which isn't exist in present version.
I know that developers have a lot of good ideas, but the game doesn't include most of them, IDK why.
Well, I really don't know whether a "update" can improve game that much, up to our expectations. But if it happens, then it will be the real Cyberpunk 2077.
Especially the hacking part, it was amazing but now it's terrible. The mantis blade climbing wall part was deleted at least with an official statement.

Would really like them to add the option to change basic cosmetics. The fact I can't change my hair/facial hair, eye colour etc - is pretty dumb in a world where I can replace my entire skeleton with cybernetics. But bug fixes are certainly a must and should be a priority.

Top Bottom