What's next for Cyberpunk?

+
Well buckle up because the way the news reads multiplayer is at the top of CD projekt Red's priorities. And for posterity I think it's fucked up.

I have also, and still are, enjoyed this crazy Bladerunner journey.
Think it would be great if Red, added content, missions, cars, weapons and new Quist.

Then add crossplay online mode, with modded cars and show our cool outfits to eachother.

Would love a Quist with 3 others, me as Decard and hunt skindolls, nasty business!!

There is not going to be multiplayer in cyberpunk. Not many people are still playing the game and even less will be willing to play multiplayer. Maybe coop but even for that they would first have to fix a million issues first.

I`m not an expert but I guess when you buy a license to use Cyberpunk universe and make a game about it, you need to have some kind of agreement that you it doesnt only cover one game, but extra content like DLCs which will provide you money for couple more years so you dont have to renegociate the deal if game became successfull and now right owner wants much more money.

So I think they will not turn their backs on this product and will continue development as there is still a lot of money to squeeze out. Remember that games like CP doesnt come so often, its not a racing game so they will continue to sale it to new customers in future years just like Witcher who was selling in millions of volumes years after release.

It's over for V, because It was never really about V, but about the ultimate destiny of the real main character that was lurking at the back of V's world and mind - Multiplayer Microtransactions. CDPR already gave up on the singleplayer game, because it was only ever meant as a publicity platform for the multiplayer game to follow, where CDPR investors will attempt to infiltrate GTA Online's multi billion microtransaction market and steal a large part away. That's the real heist that was planned all along.

In my opinion they will fix the most glaring bugs and address performance issues. No big content changes.

So called "promised" stuff like pedestrians/cars AI (living city) won't be introduced into Cyberpunk 2077.
For this we have to wait for the next Cyberpunk game.
My reasoning is, when developing CP2077 the sheer scale of the project overwhelmed the devs. Many unexpected issues and obstacles popped out during development.
When hopefully CDProjekt will be developing next CP game they will spend less time wrestling with cars submerged in concrete and more time on spellbinding quests and interesting features.

Well buckle up because the way the news reads multiplayer is at the top of CD projekt Red's priorities. And for posterity I think it's fucked up.

Haven't seen the news so can't tell how it reads but if you're correct in your assertion then personally I'd love that. For me the city is the game, the environment is everything and there's a million stories to be told there. Never played an MMO game before so might not even particularly enjoy that aspect, but if CDPR do follow CP up / add to it , SP or MP, they can count on my money. Whatever's fine, their business, their game.

CDPR already gave up on the singleplayer game, because it was only ever meant as a publicity platform for the multiplayer game to follow, where CDPR investors will attempt to infiltrate GTA Online's multi billion microtransaction market and steal a large part away. That's the real heist that was planned all along.
Good luck with that when you have 100s of videos trashing Cyberpunk while comparing it to Gta :LOL:

Haven't seen the news so can't tell how it reads but if you're correct in your assertion then personally I'd love that. For me the city is the game, the environment is everything and there's a million stories to be told there. Never played an MMO game before so might not even particularly enjoy that aspect, but if CDPR do follow CP up / add to it , SP or MP, they can count on my money. Whatever's fine, their business, their game.

Never played an MMO before? It generally entails a lot of generic, repetitive, soulless content in a completely non-immersive environment.

Never played an MMO before? It generally entails a lot of generic, repetitive, soulless content in a completely non-immersive environment.

Soulless? Not really.

I read all the quest in WoW Shadowlands, and it was pretty amazing with all the cut scenes, bells and whistles.

Other Mmos like Final Fantasy are also very imersive, Infact. The biggest issue I have with Ffxiv is that it's just way 2 much imersive.

So I don't understand your post. Maybe you should explain what's imersion to you and what CP does to accomplish that?

Not your thing then? ;) well, it remains to be seen how I find them, should the game ever become one. I guess whatever it becomes will be suitably far enough down the line to not warrant too much fuss just now, I'm content for further patches fixes and general little tidying up jobs as well as looking forward to whatever DLC is released :)

IMO multiplayer games are far less immersive and enjoyable, because they are largely populated with children whose idea of fun is to cheat, exploit, harass other players, and generally ruin the experience for everyone else. I have played exactly zero multiplayer games in forty-five years of gaming (yes, I'm old) that didn't feature some combination of the above destructive, annoying, immersion-breaking behaviors.

For those going on about Multiplayer, everything I "know" about it came from this article, which is over a month old.

If CDPR is adamant about adding a Multiplayer component to this game, they should make it stand-alone. Ideally, they should ditch Multiplayer and add more to the game itself.

I agree, but that's not going to happen. Multiplayer with subscriptions and micro transactions is essentially a money printing machine for a game company. Blizzard made about $180m per month off World of Warcraft subs at its peak, and they didn't even have microtransactions.

CDPR planned multiplayer from the start, no way are they going to walk away from that geyser of cash. It's passive income that is steady (unlike game releases that cause huge spikes in cash then drop off quickly) and reliable. It still takes patches and feature updates, but it's less intense work for more money.

Top Bottom