Whats the point of emotes when some of the leaders dont speak.

+
As you probably know you can communicate with your opponent through the following emotes: well played, thanks, watch this, hurry up, you are going down, and bad move.
But some of the leaders speak elvish! and some of the monsters ones just screech! How is my opponent supposed to know that i say hurry up when my leader only makes one of six identical monster noises? Same thing with some of the scoia teàl leaders. I dont really feel like learning elvish to understand what my opponent is saying.

Even with some of the human leaders that actually speak English it can be hard to know what they are saying because they usually do not just straight up say thanks or hurry up. It almost becomes a riddle where you need to guess what the leaders are really saying.

I suggest that whenever you use an emote a text bubble should pop up saying clearly what you just chose from the emote panel.
As an example: If you are using one of the woodland spirit skins and you say well played, the leader will screech but a bubble will tell your opponent that what you said was well played.

This is a small quality of life change that Gwent definetly has needed for some time and still does.

Learn Elvish.

Just because you don't speak Arachas doesn't mean you have to be dismissive about it. I'm sure it's just as difficult for the arachas to understand tasty morsels humans like you, but at least it makes an effort.
Hilarious.

Just learn what all leaders say then you’ll know what your opponent is saying.

I personally think they’re fine as they are. On a side note I generally don’t use the emotes as intended but use them sarcastically. I.e. use the well played emote when my opponent has made a mistake. You must realise a lot of the emotes have a sarcastic tone?

Just learn what all leaders say then you’ll know what your opponent is saying.

I personally think they’re fine as they are. On a side note I generally don’t use the emotes as intended but use them sarcastically. I.e. use the well played emote when my opponent has made a mistake. You must realise a lot of the emotes have a sarcastic tone?

Oh they are definetly not fine as they are my friend.

Firstly its very hard to memorize what any of the six identical screeches of some of the monster leaders are.
And trying to memorize what every single line or screech in the game is supposed to mean is not very beginner friendly.
Its also a bit hard to interpret what some of the human leaders are saying. Not to mention the elvish ones like Dana Maebdh or Filavandrel

And im not saying that the leaders should get new, clearer lines im asking for subtitles that say well played together with the screeching whenever i try to say well played with a monster leader.

This should be an easy fix considering there already are subtitles for what the leaders say, they only need to be clearer.
Just make the subtitles say well played when you say well played and not just dots like this: ........... Whenever a leader that cant speak says something.

Why do you even bother? it's not a real chat with 6 phrases, and all of them are pretty obvious.

I am easily translating ... from arachas every time :))

DRK3

Forum veteran
I wish they added an emote that said 'grow some balls and stop playing another player's deck, you (insert favourite Witcher insult)', after all the Witcher Universe is R-Rated, that should entitle us to some harshness without surgarcoating.

Instead i only get the occasional salty player adding me to insult me and my higher level... :shrug:

Top Bottom