What's the worst weapon class?

+
So what's the worst weapon class for straight up combat in the game in your opinion? I wanted to do a challenging run where I'm not using the really OP builds where I just 1-shot everyone. I want to do a stealthy 'doorman' build where I'm doing Tech, Body, and Intelligence to be able to open all the back doors. I'd focus on sneaking around trying to avoid straight up combat where possible but I want it to be somewhat of a struggle if I get caught. I'm thinking it's either shotguns or lmg's but I haven't actually spent much time with them so who knows.

Well, everything becomes OP once you spec into so if you want to give yourself a semblance of challenge, don't spec into anything and use common gear or whatever white is called.

Shotguns get insanely powerful but require a pretty deep investment in annihilation and engineering, though pistols also are just straight busted currently and ridiculously OP.

I hate to say it but the weakest are probably LMGs because assault rifles can still fill the same role but better and they are currently glitched and can't be properly modded.

Well, everything becomes OP once you spec into so if you want to give yourself a semblance of challenge, don't spec into anything and use common gear or whatever white is called.

Ya I'm definitely not planning on speccing too heavily into anything, mostly just QoL buffs for whatever weapon I go with (reload speed, recoil control, etc).

Want a challenging play-though... assign attribute points but not perk points... then just earn the perks thru experience only. You may miss-out on some perks but, wouldn't be challenging then would it :)

Last edited:
The way armor works in this game makes fast shooting, low damage per hit weaker even if they have comparable DPS. Best to use all the weapons for skill/perk progression.

All automatic weapons suck - literally no damage output. Why should I even try auto weapons, if 50 MLG sniper rifle instantly headshots everything? I just blazed through the game with grad on very high difficulty and never wanted anything else.
Post automatically merged:

You may say "but with investment in perk trees autoweapons may be good". So what? I already have instakill sniper rifle, which requires only player's aim skill as input, why should I even try? And, what difficulty are you playing on? Because on very hard, exposing yourself to enemy is much more punishable.

Automatic weapons are done well in CSGO.
SMG's there are almost perfect run'n'gun weapons. They are precise at small range and while moving, have a little recoil, yet they balanced out by small damage and low armor penetration.
Assault rifles have high damage and precision, but require movement control and spray control to reveal their damage potential.
LMG (Negev), is one of my favourite implementations of machine guns in video games. Somehow you feel like John Rambo while possessing one of these, but it is balanced out by spray stabilisation time and high mobility penalty. It is great for casual matches.

Last edited:
For me, it was the missile launcher arm. Thing never landed where I aimed it and had abysmal damage when it did hit.
Yeah, that thing's aiming and consistency is pretty busted. Although, it does have the tranquilizer rounds that can KO nearly anything in a single hit.

Overall, most of the weapons are viable. Shotguns and LMGs feel like they need just a tad more investment than other weapons, but everything in this game feels lethal. And of course, Tech Weapons and Pistols are just stupid powerful overall.

Blunt
Too slow, don't have special move, like lunch or super smash.
not much weapon to choose from.
In a single player game a weapon type don't need to be balanced, but it's shouldn't be boring

So you wanna do a challenging run huh?

May I suggest the following:
Only use HMG as pick up weapon, and as alternative installation of the various cyberware weapons to be used.
So your arsenal would be {HMG, Mantis Blades or Monowire or Projectile Launcher or ..I forgot}

Additionally as answer to your question. For me it would probably be handguns. But the thing is I cant say much about them being bad so much as I really dont like em/care.

Last edited:
I would have say it's either LMGs or semiautomatic pistols. Revolvers are great and automatic pistols are great but pistols like Unity aren't really that good. LMGs are kind of a lackluster too.

Top Bottom