Which character do you dislike most?

+
Uh ... huh.

Well I very much liked Judy's character. If I had to choose a character that I disliked the most I'd divide it into two:

1. Jotoro Shobo: He had a small role in the story but this is something I wish could have been a bigger one. Having a serial killer of prostitutes but actually selling it for profit while protected by the Tyger Claws is something that makes him a lot better villain than anyone else in the setting. It's a shame he's only there for one gig as he could have been an entire quest chain villain.

2. Anthony Harris: The serial killer was a definite "love to hate" character and tracking him down with River is one of the highlights of the game.

Last edited:
[...]

2. Anthony Harris: The serial killer was a definite "love to hate" character and tracking him down with River is one of the highlights of the game.
Talking about him, that's sound a miss oportunity for me. The quest is great, but it could be way better if you really "hunt" him (rather than knowing directly that it is in the vegetable state).
More like that :
  • River call you because Randy have disappeared.
  • We go to Joss' house to investigate and we find the IP address, the emails (and the photo).
  • River calls fellow police officers and connects the IP address to his apartment.
  • We go to the apartment, find fex clues but not that important (just car brand, color and the license plate).
  • River asks his colleagues again and learns that there has been a problem with this car and that the driver is in the hospital, seriously injured.
  • We go to the hospital, we see Harris, but impossible to question him.
  • And only then, we will look in the building to access our dreams (we resume the quest normally).

Last edited by a moderator:
[...]

Talking about him, that's sound a miss oportunity for me. The quest is great, but it could be way better if you really "hunt" him (rather than knowing directly that it is in the vegetable state).
More like that :
  • River call you because Randy have disappeared.
  • We go to Joss' house to investigate and we find the IP address, the emails (and the photo).
  • River calls fellow police officers and connects the IP address to his apartment.
  • We go to the apartment, find fex clues but not that important (just car brand, color and the license plate).
  • River asks his colleagues again and learns that there has been a problem with this car and that the driver is in the hospital, seriously injured.
  • We go to the hospital, we see Harris, but impossible to question him.
  • And only then, we will look in the building to access our dreams (we resume the quest normally).

The game seems allergic to having your characters face down baddies like a traditional game.

* Adam Smasher has no idea who you are when you kill him for example.
* Dex is killed after Goro
* Jackie your best friend is killed by some random Trauma Team mooks
* You never meet Yorinobu in person or talk to him.
* The Serial Killer is shot by the police before you get involved
* The Mayor is brainwashed by people you can never confront

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't hate any character. I love this game. I'm such a fan boy sorry. Maybe Fingers because he's a pedophiliac but you can purchase a nice item from him if you don't cave his face in with your fist.

A few posts were deleted and edited here. Please remember that real-world politics are against the rules. Hateful comments about real people are even more so.

The game seems allergic to having your characters face down baddies like a traditional game.

* Adam Smasher has no idea who you are when you kill him for example.
* Dex is killed after Goro
* Jackie your best friend is killed by some random Trauma Team mooks
* You never meet Yorinobu in person or talk to him.
* The Serial Killer is shot by the police before you get involved
* The Mayor is brainwashed by people you can never confront
I don't know if you have read my "things" but Harris still injured by the cops :)
I just added a little more investigation to arrive at the same facts. It adds a little time in this sordid universe and especially a little length to the River's quest line which is a little short.
And rather than an "allergy," I think it's more of a move to highlight the fact that V isn't the center of attention in Night City (unlike TW3 where Geralt meets in person, for some odd reason, all the "powerful" in the world...). But that's just my opinion :)

I don't hate any character. I love this game. I'm such a fan boy sorry. Maybe Fingers because he's a pedophiliac but you can purchase a nice item from him if you don't cave his face in with your fist.
Yep, even the worst, they are pretty cool :)

Almost all the characters enter into a love-hate dynamic. I think this is a good thing, that the game (or CDPR) takes special care to create defined, complex and strong characters. (Almost in modern games the characters are plain: the bad guys are very very bad and the good ones are litlle perfect angels)

In my case I fall into that love-hate relationship, but in the end with almost all the characters the balance tips towards sympathy for them. The clearest example is Johny. At first I hated his guts and I ended up liking the little bastard.

There two exceptions: one is the female doctor at the end when you ally yourself with Arasaka, who gives you that rubik cube test and the annoying questions. I really wanted to smash her face in (At least I took it out on the furniture). And Dex is the other character that I really wanted to give him a hard time.

And of course Jotaro and the Father and son making snuff movies (even they are secondary NPCs)

Was really hoping to pick one, or two after all this time. But a lot of them are really well written characters. So even if disliked, it's still a great character.

I always shoot either Gottfrid, or Fredrik from Dirty Biz gig.

[will edit this post, if more encountered :) ]

Every Scav in the game. While i dont have a real hate to any named NPC, i despise the scavs for their involvement with everything from black market organ/cyberware selling, to the snuff BD's they make. While i often am not playing the game to kill every enemy i fight, any scavs i find get no mercy from me ;)

Well, for me it would be a tie. It's Placide, Maman Brigette and any of the Voodoo Boys (the Voodoo Boys just because they follow Placide and Maman Brigette).

Placide - Treats V like crap from the get go. Thinks of V as nothing more than a 'ranyon' (floor rag for those who don't know) to use and toss aside. Places a piece of Black ICE in V to burn NetWatch, which coincidentally, is set to burn V too. Even after doing Placide's dirty work of rescuing Maman Brigette, he just tosses V aside. Fully expected V to be dead when V shows up again.

Maman Brigette - Same deal. She is using V to get to Alt. Despite what she says about V not being a 'ranyon,' she treats V no better than Placide. The truth is she is worried about the Relic getting damaged in a fight with Placide which is her sole purpose for sending away Placide (yeah, V punched Placide immediately). She says: 'I did not want him to harm you. That we cannot allow.' But she is more than willing to offer V up to the Blackwall just to get Alt's attention.

So my V did what anyone should have done. Dropped Maman Bridgette when V got out of the icebath and then every single Voodoo Boy on the way out, including Placide. And then, just for good measure, proceeded to empty Pacifica of every Voodoo Boy that V could find. And each one was perma-death, not the 'weapons don't kill' which my V normally uses. It's also interesting how Pacifica changes after doing that.

Last edited:
So my V did what anyone should have done. Dropped Maman Bridgette when V got out of the icebath and then every single Voodoo Boy on the way out, including Placide. And then, just for good measure, proceeded to empty Pacifica of every Voodoo Boy that V could find. And each one was perma-death, not the 'weapons don't kill' which my V normally uses. It's also interesting how Pacifica changes after doing that.
I find that interesting, because I always choose the "peaceful" outcome.
"Are you going to give us a lesson ?"
"No, that would be a waste of time and saliva, I'm done with you and that's fine for me..."

(like it's not even worth it that I get my feet dirty to crush you...)

I think, indifference is even worse for them :D

I love most characters in the game, the way they are written that is.
I would say maybe Rachel (I think that's her name), that BD producer for Joshua's BD could be more interestingly written, even while maintaining her detatched character.
Saul could be better written too, his character has a big enough arc, specially in the nomad ending but the character is allways the same neutral/sour one, even though a lot is happening to him and his family. He would make sense as a love interest too if written differently in my opinion
Post automatically merged:

Well, for me it would be a tie. It's Placide, Maman Brigette and any of the Voodoo Boys (the Voodoo Boys just because they follow Placide and Maman Brigette).

Placide - Treats V like crap from the get go. Thinks of V as nothing more than a 'ranyon' (floor rag for those who don't know) to use and toss aside. Places a piece of Black ICE in V to burn NetWatch, which coincidentally, is set to burn V too. Even after doing Placide's dirty work of rescuing Maman Brigette, he just tosses V aside. Fully expected V to be dead when V shows up again.

Maman Brigette - Same deal. She is using V to get to Alt. Despite what she says about V not being a 'ranyon,' she treats V no better than Placide. The truth is she is worried about the Relic getting damaged in a fight with Placide which is her sole purpose for sending away Placide (yeah, V punched Placide immediately). She says: 'I did not want him to harm you. That we cannot allow.' But she is more than willing to offer V up to the Blackwall just to get Alt's attention.

On my first playthrough as street kid I also gave them a pass. 2nd as nomad killed everyone of them. When I come to play the corpo LP V will go with netwatch. But what gets me about the Voodoo Boys is that they are getting ready to join with the AIs against humanity just so they won't be on the losing side. That's a good reason for early termination despite what they did to V

I find that interesting, because I always choose the "peaceful" outcome.
"Are you going to give us a lesson ?"
"No, that would be a waste of time and saliva, I'm done with you and that's fine for me..."

(like it's not even worth it that I get my feet dirty to crush you...)

I think, indifference is even worse for them :D
Very unpopular outcome, I hardly find a video who someone don't kill the VDB :D
(At the right time, pretty cool dialogue for V)
But what gets me about the Voodoo Boys is that they are getting ready to join with the AIs against humanity just so they won't be on the losing side. That's a good reason for early termination despite what they did to V
Honestly I can see them trying to betray/manipulate AIs too, but I think it could end worse :D

On my first playthrough as street kid I also gave them a pass. 2nd as nomad killed everyone of them. When I come to play the corpo LP V will go with netwatch. But what gets me about the Voodoo Boys is that they are getting ready to join with the AIs against humanity just so they won't be on the losing side. That's a good reason for early termination despite what they did to V
My original playthrough I did the pass thing, just to see what other information I could pull out of them and the different dynamics involved despite wanting to zero them all. Next playthrough of streetkid I zeroed them all. And when I played corpo V, V looked at being from the corpo background as just another reason to off them. Corpo V knows the worst of the corps, and that includes NetWatch, knows they are all playing with some gang or other, and that it would stick in someone's (even if it is only those hiring them to make netruns) craw that their 'street powerbase' just got wiped. And anyone throwing money to the Voodoo Boys deserved to have a bad day. Plus why should V help NetWatch? They are standing in the way of where V needs to get help from. Besides my V didn't really buy their story about the Blackwall being solely for the benefit of mankind. Like any other corp, they are looking at angles and how best to consolidate their power and control, as well as the parts that are just plain corrupt. After all, why else were they trying to buy the Relic from Yorinobu? Somehow I just can't buy that it was 'for the good of all mankind.' Yes, getting forced into a path and then terminated for being forced onto that path made my V have extremely negative reactions to the corps, especially from V's knowledge of how they play their power games. Plus V may have been just a little bit cutthroat to begin with, what with joining the counterintelligence part of Arasaka.

My original playthrough I did the pass thing, just to see what other information I could pull out of them and the different dynamics involved despite wanting to zero them all. Next playthrough of streetkid I zeroed them all. And when I played corpo V, V looked at being from the corpo background as just another reason to off them. Corpo V knows the worst of the corps, and that includes NetWatch, knows they are all playing with some gang or other, and that it would stick in someone's (even if it is only those hiring them to make netruns) craw that their 'street powerbase' just got wiped. And anyone throwing money to the Voodoo Boys deserved to have a bad day. Plus why should V help NetWatch? They are standing in the way of where V needs to get help from. Besides my V didn't really buy their story about the Blackwall being solely for the benefit of mankind. Like any other corp, they are looking at angles and how best to consolidate their power and control, as well as the parts that are just plain corrupt. After all, why else were they trying to buy the Relic from Yorinobu? Somehow I just can't buy that it was 'for the good of all mankind.' Yes, getting forced into a path and then terminated for being forced onto that path made my V have extremely negative reactions to the corps, especially from V's knowledge of how they play their power games. Plus V may have been just a little bit cutthroat to begin with, what with joining the counterintelligence part of Arasaka.
I'm planning on going that route with my corpo V because I'm imagining her to, despite knowing corpo's ways of life (or death) it still is a known threat that she can play with and she will still believe, at this point, that corporations are the only way to go about rulling the world. I don't know the rest yet, if she will become anticorpo or not.

- Dex, ever since his fake "hahahahahaha.....!...drive". He was trying so hard to look chill, and I could smell bullshit the moment he started to speak.

Then there are people who I don't dislike per se, just that...I dislike certain things or attitudes they have sometimes. This includes Kerry and Saul

Top Bottom