Which fantasy film is the best

+

ifayra

Forum veteran
Which fantasy film is the best

Hi folks, I think most of you are interested in Fantasy. Which other reason could be to play The Witcher?I would like to know which fantasy film is you favorite. Perhaps I'll learn about a film I didn't see yet ;)My personal favorite is Pan' Labyrinth by Guillermo del Toro. This film is sometimes very brutal but the story brought me on the verge of tears.Of course I like the Lord of the Rings and The Mummy

It depends on how you rate them. LotR is going to be quite difficult to beat. I'd suggest you ask what other fantasy films people enjoy.~ Roxy

It all depends on what you are prepared to call fantasy. Two great historical dramas that are also fantasy are 'The Seventh Seal' and 'Pan's Labyrinth' . Two outstanding comedic fantasy films are 'Groundhog Day' and 'The Princess Bride'. Only the last movie might count as 'pure' fantasy to some./Dan

I don't like films that make me sad. That 's why i don't want to watch 'Pan's Labyrinth' for a second time.I like very much "The Crow" with Brandon Lee and "Underworld" (with the war between vampires and lycanthropists).

If you don't like to be sad I certainly recommend 'The Princess Bride' :) It'll make your jaws ache and it is both romantic. fun and suitable for almost any age. The original novel is even better. But reading it in public is liable to cause odd looks as you burst out in hysterical laughter. Other greats fantasy movies that come to mind are 'Legend', 'Labyrinth', 'The Dark Crystal', 'Mirrormask' , 'Highlander' and 'The 10th Kingdom'. 'Labyrinth' and 'The 10th Kingdom' both being darn good and the last one being an immersive experience and six plus hours of time to explore a lot of the world. EDIT: Forgot another fine L fant5asy flick. 'Laydyhawke' is almost flawless but for the movie music./Dan

The problem for me is, that there are a lot of good fantasy films out there.Really liked Highlander and ... well, that is another thing. I can't remember which ones were good at all...Lord of the Rings doesn't need to be mentioned, nice movie, after all.But else? I try to recall... And the only things that come to mind are great books... *sigh*

ifayra

Forum veteran
You are right Highlander is an outstanding film.What do you think about Eragon, i liked the book but the movie in my opinion wasn't 5% quality of the book!

nimue

Forum veteran
Cassandra31EEE said:
Cassandra31EEE said:
If you don't like to be sad I certainly recommend 'The Princess Bride' :) /Dan
Thank you, i 've watched it. :) Very nice film! And i think i 'll read the book, too.
If you haven't already, do it :) Highly recommendable, although the movie is a very good adaptation.

That is a really difficult question. I loved underworld. The Princess Bride is a hillarious movie BTW, My favorite world as far as books go's is Conan. Highlander was a great film when it came out lol but try watching it now. Christopher Lambert in my opinion is not a great actor. neither was the main evil guy in that movie. If Sean Connary wasn't in it it would have been really bad.

"The Princess Bride" would have to be my number one pick from the standpoint of sheer enjoyment. Absolutely fantastic movie.As for the other movies:"Highlander" certainly caused me to follow the TV adaptation series which I totally followed for years. It lost my interest once the spin-off with Amanda started up.Another movie that spawned a really great TV series was, "Buffy, the Vampire Slayer." Although the movie might be considered somewhat mediocre by some, the TV series was simply excellent! We still miss it at our place.

I'm afraid I can't agree on Clancy Brown being a bad actor. He killed the part AFAIK. He's also a widely respected actor both in movies and voice acting. He's one of the few actors that can make me see a film just because she/he has a role. It's a relatively short list:Winona RyderClancy BrownAdrienne BarbeauJohnny DeppJamie Lee CurtisEdward James OlmosLea ThompsonMichael RookerMary Stuart MastersonElias KoteasBrian DennehyGene HackmanSome of the lucky coincidences in casting:Carnivale - Barbeau, BrownThe Fog - Barbeau, CurtisSome Kind Of Wonderful - Thomson, Masterson, Koteas

Ok now my favorite fantasy films would have to be Starwars,LOTR,and Highlander :). And i cant believe no one here has mentioned starwars ??? Its fantasy also well sci fi fantasy.And when i say starwars i mean IV,V,VI.of course i did see the others 1.2.3. they were good but when you get actors infront of a blue screen to act its just not the same. Well i cant wait to play the Witcher in enhanced. :peace:

Hello, ff7cloud. :wave: Starwars are among the classics of fantasy, you 're right. It 's not my taste, but they sure have an important place in the cinema history.

Uh, uh, uh, I just remembered a really good one.Drogonheart! The first movie of course, not the second ;)

Top Bottom