Who engineered/created the witchers?

+
Who engineered/created the witchers?

HI all,

Any one knows where I can find more lore from the witcher universe? I've been reading the books and playing the games but can't recall right know who is believed to be responsible for the creation of the first witcher... And I don/t mean the character... but who starting mutating humans into witchers.

Any sage around to share insight? :)

Thanks!

"The world of the Witcher Video Game Compendium" say a bit about this.

It looks like it was down two people. Cosimo Malaspina and his apprentice Alzur.

Sounds like they were Sorcerers as they participated in Magical Experimentation. They were known for Spells such as "Alzur's Shield" and "Alzur's Thunder"

Other than that I don't think there's much more information from them.

Below is the extract from the book:

"There is circumstantial evidence that the sorcerers responsible for creating and developing the process of witcher mutations countless years ago were Cosimo Malaspina and his apprentice, Alzur. Their activities, particularly in the field of magical experimentation, remain highly controversial. Some even go so far as to name them renegades. We cannot forget however, the stupendous role these sorcerers played in the development of magical lore. SPells such as Alzur's Shield and Alzur's Thunder are still remembered by sorcerers today and are likely to be so forever. Nor could any forget the cautionary tale of Alzur's own death - massacred in Maribor by the very viy (a type of giant centipede, for those who do not practice the witcher's trade) he had created. Once free of its master's control, the beast managed to ruin half the city before it fled to Riverdell's forests. Legend has it that the creature prowls them to this day. - Master Istredd of Aed Gynvael, draft of "The Controversies of the Magical Art""

Thanks man!! I'd love to find out more about the origin of witchers and the conjunction of the spheres... but this will do till then :)

Thanks man!! I'd love to find out more about the origin of witchers and the conjunction of the spheres... but this will do till then :)
There's a bit more on the conjunction of sphere's, like a page or two but I'm no longer at home now so can't comment on anything it says. If you're into the lore you should buy the book mentioned above. A good read imo
Goes into all sorts, the locations, back story, enemies, characters etc

Top Bottom