Who is Biggerhorn and Where to Find Him?

+

[Another copy/paste from the GOG forum.]

Greetings,

This relates to Act II (Vergen), so light spoilers are to be expected.

If you ask Philippa about the legend of Saskia the Dragonslayer, she tells you to go speak to Biggerhorn, for he allegedly witnessed the deed. He is also mentioned as you're recounting the events of the battle three years ago, when the Dun Banner fell. Thing is, I can't for the life of me remember hearing about this person anywhere else, nor have I been able to track him down in Vergen (as per Philippa's suggestion). Not even wiki-searches produce any information on this individual. So, can anyone fill me in about this character, and whether or not you are actually able to find and talk to him in the game? Is it possible that the NPC itself was overlooked, and they simply forgot to add it in, while leaving any conversations referring to him intact?

I wondered about the same thing too. I ran around Vergen looking for anyone named Biggerhorn but I didn't see anyone by that name (It is quite possible I missed them).

The only other reference about I've seen about Biggerhorn occurs if you try to convince the ghost of Ekhart Henessy that you served under the Dun Banner. He asks how you survived the battle and you reply that Biggerhorn took you prisoner (Iorveth's path). This is means that Biggerhorn had to been fighting on the Aedirn's side.

It might be possible that Biggerhorn is present in or around Vergen on Roche's path, I never looked for him on that path.

Squigette said:
It might be possible that Biggerhorn is present in or around Vergen on Roche's path, I never looked for him on that path.
Never managed to spot him in either story fork. I'm so curious to speak to him, and hear his recounting of how Saskia slew the dragon!

Check out the 'Characters' part of your journal and see it Biggerhorn is anywhere in there.

Vergen is incredibly large and the map doesn't provide any information about different sections, so a lot of characters and their locations(like Iorveth) I didn't know until I'd explored the town from corner to corner. Some walkthroughs contain maps filled with markers pointing you to particular NPC or quest locations.

I too couldn't find this guy anywhere, so maybe he was dropped in the final version?
Because actually there is a Bigerhorn, but not the one we're thinking about. If you want to talk to Stennis when the peasants want to lynch him, there are two guards outside his door. One of them adresses the other as Bigerhorn when you talk to them.

thelazyreader said:
Check out the 'Characters' part of your journal and see it Biggerhorn is anywhere in there.
Trust me - I've been very thorough in my search, and there is most definitely no Biggerhorn in the journal, either.

thelazyreader said:
I too couldn't find this guy anywhere, so maybe he was dropped in the final version?
Because actually there is a Bigerhorn, but not the one we're thinking about. If you want to talk to Stennis when the peasants want to lynch him, there are two guards outside his door. One of them adresses the other as Bigerhorn when you talk to them.
I believe so; that he was dropped (his conversation, at least), but they forgot to also remove the reference to him in Philippa's dialogue. I also noticed that one of the guards outside Stennis' room has that name; not sure why I didn't mention that in the OP. Sigh... so much confusion. What did CDPR intend, and what really happened to this character in the release version?

Google search, there is basically no information on this guy except for that dun banner question.

It does seem like an oversight.

However I guess even if he was implemented and you got to talk to him - I doubt he would have said anything useful about the dragon. I mean, there is nothing you can say about saskia being a dragonslayer because she's not, the in game dialogue says iorveth made that up. :D

saintmagician said:
However I guess even if he was implemented and you got to talk to him - I doubt he would have said anything useful about the dragon. I mean, there is nothing you can say about saskia being a dragonslayer because she's not, the in game dialogue says iorveth made that up. :D
Yes, but as I wrote originally, Philippa tells you to go talk to him, as he claims to have witnessed the deed - would have been interesting to hear the story, even if we find out in the end that it's made up, of course.

It could also be that Iorveth and Saskia deliberately decided to say that "Biggerhorn had witnessed the dragon-slaying" because he was someone famous (from the last Battle of Vergen) and wasn't around to contradict it.

dragonbird said:
It could also be that Iorveth and Saskia deliberately decided to say that "Biggerhorn had witnessed the dragon-slaying" because he was someone famous (from the last Battle of Vergen) and wasn't around to contradict it.
But then Philippa wouldn't say "Go speak to Biggerhorn if you want to know more; he witnessed the dead." (Paraphrased)

(It's also in the OP. ; ) )

Kindo said:
But then Philippa wouldn't say "Go speak to Biggerhorn if you want to know more; he witnessed the dead." (Paraphrased)

(It's also in the OP. ; ) )

The story originated from Iorveth and Saskia. If Philippa thinks that Biggerhorn "witnessed the deed", it's because that's what she was told, either by Saskia, or second-hand. She wasn't in on the lie.

Biggerhorn may or may not have been in on it. We don't know.

But Philippa isn't exactly friendly towards dwarves, judging from her attitude at the conference at the beginning of Chapter 2. I don't find it hard to believe that she doesn't know whether Biggerhorn is in Vergen or not.

So yes, it could have been a mistake from the developers (there are a few story inconsistencies, like exactly when Demavend was killed relative to the story starting), but not necessarily.

dragonbird said:
The story originated from Iorveth and Saskia. If Philippa thinks that Biggerhorn "witnessed the deed", it's because that's what she was told, either by Saskia, or second-hand. She wasn't in on the lie.

Biggerhorn may or may not have been in on it. We don't know.
I understand what you mean now. It just gives me the impression, judging by the way she tells you about him, that she advices you to go speak to Biggerhorn if you want to know more. I think it should have been made a bit more clear if he was in fact elsewhere in the world.

Kindo said:
I think it should have been made a bit more clear if he was in fact elsewhere in the world.

I agree. It would have been good if you could have asked Cecil or Skalen or someone where to find Biggerhorn, and they just say "Oh, he's not here any more". Just to give closure.

I found a reference to a 'Bigerhorn' within the quest_base_abl.xml file. Judging by the coding, it's an NPC belonging to Act 2 and it's apparently a fist-fighter ("SQ206i_Fistfight_Bigerhorn"). The only fist-fighting NPC that you are able to somewhat interact with in Act 2 (Vergen) is Silgrat, and since there's no Silgrat mentioned anywhere in the same file, it's possible that he is an NPC that was originally intended to be Biggerhorn, but who was changed late in development... or something; I'm just theorising. I don't even think you can go talk to Silgrat after the fistfight, or before/after the event involving Stennis, as I've yet to find him anywhere.

[Another copy/paste from the GOG forum.]

Greetings,

This relates to Act II (Vergen), so light spoilers are to be expected.

If you ask Philippa about the legend of Saskia the Dragonslayer, she tells you to go speak to Biggerhorn, for he allegedly witnessed the deed. He is also mentioned as you're recounting the events of the battle three years ago, when the Dun Banner fell. Thing is, I can't for the life of me remember hearing about this person anywhere else, nor have I been able to track him down in Vergen (as per Philippa's suggestion). Not even wiki-searches produce any information on this individual. So, can anyone fill me in about this character, and whether or not you are actually able to find and talk to him in the game? Is it possible that the NPC itself was overlooked, and they simply forgot to add it in, while leaving any conversations referring to him intact?
I know a few years passed , though i found him , he s one of the guardsmen near Stennis s room u can interact with him while investigating who poisened Saskia (path of Iorweth) . U shuold start dialogue with guard and then use axii , he will pass u through and other guardsman will say "Are you mad Bigerhorn?"

Top Bottom