whos your favorite witcher?

+
whos your favorite witcher?

As we all know theres more than one witcher even if our hero is one of the best of them. But we can develope more care for one of the others so which one do you perfer?

Other than Geralt? Hmmm. I think it would be Vesemir. He's tough and grandfatherly at the same time, though I also enjoyed a translation error in the original English dub of TW1 when he addresses Triss as "babe" instead of "child". Totally different vibe there, old man!

Berengar. The whole self doubt and bitterness that he exudes, makes him an enormously appealing character in my eyes. If we were a sterile outcast pariah, trusted only as far as our swords can reach how would we deal with it, Geralt uses his sardonic tough guy Bogart personality, his friends and plenty of rumpy pumpy but I feel that I might fall to Berengar's level.

Letho deals with his arguably harder situation by finding a cause to champion and a leader to idolise, a brave decision to leave the old ways of silver and steel swords behind and serve temporal powers. But the quagmire of the game of thrones is no place for an outcast when hard times come, the viper might have saved or doomed his profession but at least he acted when faced with slow extinction.

Can't decide between the two.

kyogen said:
Other than Geralt? Hmmm. I think it would be Vesemir. He's tough and grandfatherly at the same time,
Vesemir for me, too, and for similar reasons. He's kind to Geralt and is the closest thing Geralt has to a father, and he likes mentoring young witchers. He's a genuinely nice man, while still being an extremely capable warrior.

Plus, as a member of the over-50 crowd, I feel uplifted and validated by seeing older people who are still active and vital. I'd love to get Vesemir's card. :D

I played the Prologue of TW1 again tonight, to test a mod I'm making, and I fell for Vesemir all over again. I hope CDPR finds a way to put the other Kaer Morhen witchers in TW3.

I like Vesemir, too. There are some who can wear the title "The Old Man" as a badge of honor, and he's one of them. Of all the characters from the first game, he's the one I missed the most in the second and would most like to have him come back in the third.

Why the hell would I pick anyone other than Geralt? He's a disillusioned pessimist trapped in a shitstorm of politics and manipulation. The only difference is I don't get all the peasant girls.

slimgrin said:
Why the hell would I pick anyone other than Geralt? He's a disillusioned pessimist trapped in a shitstorm of politics and manipulation. The only difference is I don't get all the peasant girls.
The original poster said BESIDES Geralt. He's assuming that Geralt is our favorite witcher, but who's next?

Hmm, for me it´d be Eskel I think. I always enjoyed his calm attitude and I felt he had a great respect to Geralt mixed with the right level of willingness to help him.

Plus he has a really stylish scar, that makes him even more appealing in my eyes.

And I really enjoyed his romance episode with Triss in one of the short stories. Quite funny. :)

I liked Lambert from TW1 and those advenures, liked his style and acting. However Serrit and Auckles were also very intriguing

I like all the witchers from TW1 at least they were friendly towards you and the only witchers you meet in W2 want to kill you . Hmm

The witchers of Khaer Morhen. Vesemir for his wise, fatherly qualities, Eskel and Lambert for their cool factor and interesting personalities. Couldn't care less about TW2 witchers - although a superior game in almost all other respects, the characters are just not as engaging as in the original game. And Berengar was too whiny for my taste ("Bohoo, poor me, I can't get over my dire fate, not even with playing the bad boys right into their pocket"). Letho is an interesting and worthy adversary, but not a likeable person.

Corylea said:
The original poster said BESIDES Geralt. He's assuming that Geralt is our favorite witcher, but who's next?
yea this is what i ment. thank you for understanding

I liked Vesemir and Eskel equally - both seem to be basically decent men, and in a lot of ways better than most non mutated humans. Lambert annoys the hell out of me with his over the top sarcasm and supercilious manner, and Berengar just needs a clip round the ear. We all get dealt a hand of cards, and being bitter about it changes absolutely nothing.

Letho is my favorite. He's a character I grew to like the more I played through the Witcher 2 and I liked him more with each consecutive playthrough

Top Bottom