Why are they actively (albeit slowly) making the game worse?

+
There are two changes that just baffle me in patch 1.2, and they both concern Johnny.

1). They removed the Samurai decal from his flak jacket. . . . why? What harm was it doing? It was a pretty good visual indicator of the ego of Johnny Silverhand (i.e. slapping the logo of his band on everything he owns and wears); what reasoning could there possibly be for doing this?
2). Changing the glitch effect and distance on Johnny. Some of the most fun I, and many others, have had in the game is taking wacky pictures in Photo Mode. The features it has are beyond amazing, and is one of its key features. Why would they feel compelled to make it far more difficult to get good candid shots of Johnny? Taking pictures of one of the main draws of your game should be celebrated, not punished! After the shitty launch they had you'd think CDPR would be less likely to start actively trying to drive away its passionate fanbase, but here we are.
Also, that particular change absolutely ruins the Love Rollercoaster experience (a side gig that many people have cited as one of their favorites in the game). Since he's sitting right next to V for the duration, the new glitch and distance change absolutely destroys the emotional impact of that mission, and it's really disheartening to see a game company actively ruining one of the most commonly beloved aspects of it for no reason.

Please, CDPR, change these back. There's nothing wrong with players utilizing the features that you built into the game using the characters that you yourselves designed and made prominent. You're turning into the company embodiment of the 'HEY GUYS, STOP HAVING FUN!' meme, and I'm not liking it.

There are two changes that just baffle me in patch 1.2, and they both concern Johnny.

1). They removed the Samurai decal from his flak jacket. . . . why? What harm was it doing? It was a pretty good visual indicator of the ego of Johnny Silverhand (i.e. slapping the logo of his band on everything he owns and wears); what reasoning could there possibly be for doing this?
2). Changing the glitch effect and distance on Johnny. Some of the most fun I, and many others, have had in the game is taking wacky pictures in Photo Mode. The features it has are beyond amazing, and is one of its key features. Why would they feel compelled to make it far more difficult to get good candid shots of Johnny? Taking pictures of one of the main draws of your game should be celebrated, not punished! After the shitty launch they had you'd think CDPR would be less likely to start actively trying to drive away its passionate fanbase, but here we are.
Also, that particular change absolutely ruins the Love Rollercoaster experience (a side gig that many people have cited as one of their favorites in the game). Since he's sitting right next to V for the duration, the new glitch and distance change absolutely destroys the emotional impact of that mission, and it's really disheartening to see a game company actively ruining one of the most commonly beloved aspects of it for no reason.

Please, CDPR, change these back. There's nothing wrong with players utilizing the features that you built into the game using the characters that you yourselves designed and made prominent. You're turning into the company embodiment of the 'HEY GUYS, STOP HAVING FUN!' meme, and I'm not liking it.
Answering your questions to the best of my (limited) knowledge.

1. Oh lots of reasoning actually possible. IIRC, the logo was red, right? They could possibly consult some psychologists and somesuch to figure out which impression / subconsious impression the logo would produce in "average Joe", find out it's substantially negative, and thus remove it. Or perhaps, they could possibly read a few posts here and there from people who just dislike the logo and/or color and/or whole "Johnny set", and/or Samurai music and/or "being forced to have only max-slot legendaries being Johnny's". Note, i hear they added legendary clothing to shops in 1.2, too, but perhaps it was different independent individuals making those two changes, didn't even know about each other - who knows.

2. Glitches of _all_ sorts - and photo mode is no exception - usually allow to produce both beneficial and detrimental effects. The fact that you, and many others, may only produce beneficial effects - does not mean there are no people who end up with some kinds of detrimental effects. Most importantly, among people who end up getting mainly detrimental effects - may well be CDPR people themselves. You see, the game's a business. The goals are to sell as many copies as possible, and to keep players playing as long as possible. Who knows, perhaps CDPR determined that this particular glitch through a number of cause-consequence steps - ends up in some effect which either reduces number of copies sold a tiny bit, or reduces average /played time a tiny bit, or both? Me, i can't exclude such a possibility.

And general comment: both those issues are strange indeed, despite the above. Indeed most of us would wonder: "why do this while there are much bigger issues at hand still not fixed, like dozens perks and items completely broken in their function and/or looks"? The fact we don't see a definite and simple answer to this - may well indicate those changes are made because there are, indeed, good reasons for them to do it, it's just we don't know those reasons with any certainty.

Also, that particular change absolutely ruins the Love Rollercoaster experience

um, HUH? Did they remove Johnnys appearance when you ride the coaster?

I am not upgrading until they have new content so this sounds strange to me. What do you mean the distance? Did they remove some of his appearance in the game. I liked him tagging along and all his comments so I hope not.

As far as the logo, is it completely gone from the game or just the jacket? I was wondering because I saw a very similar logo IRL for another company and maybe it is for copyright reasons? Probably not, but just wondering.

Last edited:
As far as the logo, is it completely gone from the game or just the jacket? I was wondering because I saw a very similar logo IRL for another company and maybe it is for copyright reasons? Probably not, but just wondering.
Ah, copyright! Yep, another possible cause - and me, i even consider it likely. You probably have no idea how great many "vultures" are eager to sue big-time releases like CP2077, for any even remotely legally sound reasons, thinking that "those guys can pay us lots, they are so big". Even when "those guys" are actually in debt to their necks. Legions, man! Legions!

Sigh.

Because you touch yourself at night?

(I've no actual answer...one step forward two steps back...who knows what it will be like a year from now.)

Top Bottom