Why do many fans believe this game (in comparable aspects) will be inferior to GTA?

+
Since life is a grind, isnt it fair our games simulate that as well. Like life, the odds of you getting what you want are pretty slim.

Not really. Games are supposed to be fun. Just like movies or even life. And it depends on what you expect from a particular title. In short, I did enjoy GTA with its faults. I did enjoy KCD with it "grind" etc. For you, it can be a "grind". For me, it was a lot of fun, so to speak. Some people call RPG games to be a "grind". So "I only play adventure games". Which is ridiculous to me, for instance. Just understand that people have different tastes and expectations that you don't have to have. If you want a good story, then go and read some good books. If you read enough good books for stories, then you won't come back to a game for a story. Because just like gameplay, it will seem to you a cliche or repetitive. You have heard that already in a much deeper sense. And you want more...

I play games for exploration, immersion, and relaxation. The world and the universe themselves can be attractive. For me, some story is just an addition unless it is a part of gameplay where choices really matter. Otherwise, it is not that important to me. Another cliche, probably.

There are fans who enjoy playing games such as ETS or Borderlands, which are very repetitive. Yet they find something that keeps them attracted. And it is that kind of gameplay these games provide.

There are also games, in which you tell your own story through gameplay. And you decide what the story will be like etc.

But you know. I do even enjoy simple but difficult retro games 8-bit or 16-bit games. There is no story. Just pure gameplay in those older games.

Take the classic card or board games. Just another example. There is little story. The gameplay itself can be very attractive or addictive. And those games have a different goal simply. Different motivation to play them.

Last edited:
"Add Cybernetics to GTA and you have Cyberpunk"
- Mike Pondsmith

Both universe are pretty close with the world they show (street kid trying to climb the social ladder).

But the core are very differents.

"Add Cybernetics to GTA and you have Cyberpunk"
- Mike Pondsmith

This is actually a false statement because the gameplay and vision are different. For example, the lack of RPG elements and linear missions, story etc. Mike Pondsmith might not be an experienced gamer.

This is actually a false statement because the gameplay and vision are different. For example, the lack of RPG elements and linear missions, story etc. Mike Pondsmith might not be an experienced gamer.

It isn't.
Cyberpunk is actually gta 6.

Of course it's two différent games ...
It's just that the premise are the same

Two different approaches to making games, two different styles, two different genres, mechanics, possibilities, etc. There are a lot of different differences.

Mike Pondsmith could refer to the world itself and its design. Not gameplay. But I don't know.

Two different universes, designs, sizes, two different experiences, vibes, etc.

If this played like gta, omg, with being able to customize your ride and do pretty much anything like "they can", in (dual universe) without the space exploration then this would be the game of the decade with endless replay value, just because you could edit your ride. Gta style racing inside cp2077 with the militech cops coming after you with all their gadgets and you having a few gadgets of your own, its like the cartoon show cops. Come on now no industry could touch this game in 10 years if you did something like that. ^ Stories out the wazoo for streamers, gta is no longer valid cause they are stuck in current times and you went future that alone is ahead of the "game", so to speak.
I got to stop i will just keep going.

If this played like gta, omg, with being able to customize your ride and do pretty much anything like "they can", in (dual universe) without the space exploration then this would be the game of the decade with endless replay value, just because you could edit your ride.

Fortunately, it won't be like GTA. And it is already evident. We don't need another GTA clone. Even Rockstar Games does not need GTA VI yet.

Mike Pondsmith not only created Cyberpunk, but has been gaming his entire life. He also worked for Microsoft Gamer Studios and Stormfront Studios, and was one of the creative minds behindf the Matrix video game. Yeah, I am pretty sure Mike knows exactly what he was saying when he said all GTA was missing was the cyber.

Mike Pondsmith not only created Cyberpunk, but has been gaming his entire life. He also worked for Microsoft Gamer Studios and Stormfront Studios, and was one of the creative minds behindf the Matrix video game. Yeah, I am pretty sure Mike knows exactly what he was saying when he said all GTA was missing was the cyber.

Just marketing sayings. That's all.

Even if you put cybernetics into GTA, it will play differently.

Last edited:
Just marketing sayings. That's all.

Even if you put cybernetics into GTA, it will play differently.
I think you misunderstood his point. He wasn't saying it would be Cyberpunk 2077, he was saying it would be like Cyberpunk 2020. And he is right. GTA has always been the closest you could get to a video game Cyberpunk 2020. Heck GTA Online has a plethora of nomad style vehicles, including giant truck that act as mobile bases. It also has to Aerodyne style vehicles, an AV bike, and a flying delorean, which, yeah is a BTTF reference, but hey, it flies like an AV.

Seriously, if the game had cybernetics, it would be perfect, it would absolutely evoke the feel of playing the TTRPG in video game form. Much more so than any "DnD rpg" style video game with levels and non-static hitpoints. The ability to go anywhere, do anything, kill anyone, yeah...

I think you misunderstood his point. He wasn't saying it would be Cyberpunk 2077, he was saying it would be like Cyberpunk 2020. And he is right. GTA has always been the closest you could get to a video game Cyberpunk 2020. Heck GTA Online has a plethora of nomad style vehicles, including giant truck that act as mobile bases. It also has to Aerodyne style vehicles, an AV bike, and a flying delorean, which, yeah is a BTTF reference, but hey, it flies like an AV.

Seriously, if the game had cybernetics, it would be perfect, it would absolutely evoke the feel of playing the TTRPG in video game form. Much more so than any "DnD rpg" style video game with levels and non-static hitpoints. The ability to go anywhere, do anything, kill anyone, yeah...
I still feel like no matter what, no amount of changes to GTA would make it feel less like GTA, just like no amount of mods can make skyrim feel less like skyrim. I wont really say if I think this is a good thing or a bad thing, I'll just say I'm not too excited about it. :coolstory:

I've witnessed some people who have modded skyrim above and beyond what I thought they could have been able to do, and they still got tired of it because it was at its core, still the same thing. Skyrim and GTA just have a certain specific feel that really can't be duplicated, you know what I mean?

I'm really excited for Cyberpunk2077 because from all of the game play footage we've seen so far, Cyberpunk2077 clearly has a special and different and unique feel that I have never really quite exactly experienced before in any other game. It feels like its own new and unique thing. Many games have cars, but cars in a city do not automatically mean that those games are GTA. Cyberpunk2077 has cars, but the entire game is on a whole different level.

GTA to me is like me being 5 years old and playing with toy cars on the carpet

Cyberpunk2077 is like getting in a race car and doing donuts in the parking lot of a police station. (DO NOT TRY THIS! IT'S ILLEGAL!)

Last edited:
Top Bottom