why is male streetkid V dressed so poorly in the prologue

+
What tough guy solo walks around with a tank top with "bitch" written on it ?:ROFLMAO:

He is dressed like a backup dancer from a music video in the 2000´s. The shoes look good though.

Well, it is what it is. Maybe streetkids just don't care what they wear. [My V characters evolve thoughout the game, while following a distinct theme. Nomads prefer rough-and ready outfits; Corpos always opt for a classy look; Streetkids like colourful, slightly trashy outfits...bargain bin stuff]. I wish CDPR had programmed the game along those lines...they could have done so much more to make the Lifepaths distinct experiences, even though the game stays basically the same.

One thing I wonder is why V starts out in the Scav apartment raid with Jackie carrying just a generic pistol, when there are other, better weapons at home in the stash locker.

What tough guy solo walks around with a tank top with "bitch" written on it ?:ROFLMAO:

He is dressed like a backup dancer from a music video in the 2000´s. The shoes look good though.
Well... At the start of the game, V isn't a particularly noteworthy merc.

They're just slumming it out getting by on low tier gigs. So of course they're not going to be caring too much about fashion. They probably do just grab whatever from a bargain bin/thrift shop. Especially since you know, they technically owe Viktor a bunch of money.
One thing I wonder is why V starts out in the Scav apartment raid with Jackie carrying just a generic pistol, when there are other, better weapons at home in the stash locker.
It's because a basic Unity pistol is the default gun and thus technically the canonical weapon of choice for V.

It's the gun that will appear in any cutscene, as well as the gun used when using a vehicle without any small arms equipped (Even if you don't own one, V will just pull a tier 1 Unity out of their butt)

Also, I can't remember if 1.0 had the weapons in the stash. I recall having to rely on looting guns during the raid or purchasing them from Wilson to get anything besides the basic Unity.

Well... At the start of the game, V isn't a particularly noteworthy merc.

They're just slumming it out getting by on low tier gigs. So of course they're not going to be caring too much about fashion. They probably do just grab whatever from a bargain bin/thrift shop. Especially since you know, they technically owe Viktor a bunch of money.

It's because a basic Unity pistol is the default gun and thus technically the canonical weapon of choice for V.

It's the gun that will appear in any cutscene, as well as the gun used when using a vehicle without any small arms equipped (Even if you don't own one, V will just pull a tier 1 Unity out of their butt)

Also, I can't remember if 1.0 had the weapons in the stash. I recall having to rely on looting guns during the raid or purchasing them from Wilson to get anything besides the basic Unity.
Jackie is pretty much in the same situation as V, and his clothes look awesome. V has no excuse for wearing that tank top.
This should be the default streetkid outfit
Q000_half_StreetKidM_Icon_CP2077.jpg

Last edited:
Jackie is pretty much in the same situation as V, and his clothes look awesome. V has no excuse for wearing that tank top.
Jackie is shown to have more concern over his appearance though since he works out (Somewhat, he mentions he mostly does fighting to stay in shape, but he does have some weights at his place). He also has his mother who might push him to get some proper clothes.

Also, Jackie doesn't have a debt to Viktor (Suggesting he is able to make enough money to cover his expenses)

Not to mention, he's always aspired to make it big, so likely takes better jobs than V who doesn't seem to care much about that until they meet Jackie (Which coincides with the new outfit you end up in during the scav raid 6 months later, suggesting that Jackie gets V doing the better jobs and so getting better pay)

It seems to be part of the Streetkid start that V simply doesn't care/have the means to get decent duds. Since even the female V has a bad scruffy top (She has some nice shiny gold pants though).

Which is an indicator as to why V hasn't really made a name for themselves at that point in their life despite being in the same world in which we start the game in. Lack of ambition leading to this poor lifestyle of just getting by. Which gets turned around after meeting with Jackie, who shares his ambition with V and gets V to start taking things more seriously.

V just got back from Atlanta. They're dirt-poor so mayhaps they don't have the eddies for some proper threads. I do like the "BITCH" tanktop though. It's got sass.

V just got back from Atlanta. They're dirt-poor so mayhaps they don't have the eddies for some proper threads. I do like the "BITCH" tanktop though. It's got sass.
It is not that he looks "poor", it makes sense. It´s the fact that the whole look just looks bad

Sassy tank top no heywood dude would be caught dead in- check

striped Clown pants- check

A pair of fresh af looking shoes(maybe this is where V spent all his money)- check

It is not that he looks "poor", it makes sense. It´s the fact that the whole look just looks bad

Sassy tank top no heywood dude would be caught dead in- check

striped Clown pants- check

A pair of fresh af looking shoes(maybe this is where V spent all his money)- check
I think it depends on how you play your streetkid. Mine, he's into glam/goth/punk fashion so the top suits him. The pants? Not so much, but the top though. Definitely.

I have no idea why.... just in my head, but Corpo and Street Kid = Female V, Nomad = Male V.

Again, no real reason, maybe it's the starting mission, maybe it's the clothes, Although Corpo Male V is dressed fine, I guess. But in my head, Nomad is male V, and the other 2 are female.

As for why the game is designed that way, my guess is time management, it's easier to just make male/female "Fit" of the same intro shirt and pants than it is to completely redesign a unique outfit for each, and as much as I love this game it's clear, especially when it first launched, they rushed certain elements and cut corners to get the game shelf-ready, and it still missed the mark.

Well, it is what it is. Maybe streetkids just don't care what they wear. [My V characters evolve thoughout the game, while following a distinct theme. Nomads prefer rough-and ready outfits; Corpos always opt for a classy look; Streetkids like colourful, slightly trashy outfits...bargain bin stuff]. I wish CDPR had programmed the game along those lines...they could have done so much more to make the Lifepaths distinct experiences, even though the game stays basically the same.

Are there better weapons in the locker? Idk but I really NEVER had weapons in it at the beginning. And I've been playing this game few times since launch.

This should be the default streetkid outfit
View attachment 11377852
Maybe his mom literally pick out his clothes still? (V has nobody related alive).
Post automatically merged:

(S)he isn't a "tough guy solo". V is a gangbanger with a tad of rep as a thug ("You really think someone local would dare to mug ME, Pepe?"). Whatever V was after in Atlanta fell apart, and wasn't actually taking a job from a Fixer until the montage with Jackie.

idk, maybe a guy tough enough that he doesn't care what some gonk thinks. :disapprove:

But hey, it's the beginning of the game so you get to play out V deciding that gear needs to go and upgrade to your V!
Reminds me of an old car comercial (for FIAT Uno I think): "Are you big enough to handle a small car?". But yeah, it takes way more self confidence to wear that, than a black leather jacket and whatever.

I take more issue with V's first outfit (which we're wearing during the prologue/Dorsett job).

V has been a merc for approx 6 months at this point, and turns up wearing a T-shirt/vest, pants and some trainers. No jacket, nothing. Look at what Jackie is wearing, why is V dressed as though they were expecting to stay in doing chores that day?

Unless...

I take more issue with V's first outfit (which we're wearing during the prologue/Dorsett job).

V has been a merc for approx 6 months at this point, and turns up wearing a T-shirt/vest, pants and some trainers. No jacket, nothing. Look at what Jackie is wearing, why is V dressed as though they were expecting to stay in doing chores that day?

Unless...
I think this is how it went down.

V misunderstood the job, thought they we doing actual clean up, had towels and windex in the back seat. Ready for some honest to gosh chorin'.

Jackie notices when they're part way there, they have this whole convoluted discussion on how V got it confused but he finally sets V straight on the actual mission deets. That's why, when they get there he's thinking "Aiy Chihuahua! I didn't think I'd need this, but I better get V to refresh her skills with this Militech tutorial chip."

Reminds me of an old car comercial (for FIAT Uno I think): "Are you big enough to handle a small car?". But yeah, it takes way more self confidence to wear that, than a black leather jacket and whatever.

putting the confidence stuff aside . It is a genuinely bad looking outfit. The corp & nomad outfits look like they have some thought put into them. Streetkid looks like someone pressed randomise

Last edited:
Top Bottom