Will AMD's FidelityFX Super Resolution be available next week for CP2077 ?

+

DC9V

Forum veteran
Pretty sure FidelityFX_FSR will be available for Cyberpunk_2077 on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S, maybe when the next-gen-patch arrives. And if it's technically possible, there's no reason why it shouldn't be available for old gen consoles, especially if the chip crisis continues in 2022.

Although I said above that AMD doesn't want one-to-one comparisons with DLSS, I can't see how CDPR won't push for FSR to be in the next-gen version of Cyberpunk. I bet they've been working on it way before AMD anounced it officially.

The reason is simple: the game is already very taxing on PC hardware. Even my RTX3080 struggles to keep up without DLSS on "quality" setting. I'm getting barely 60fps without it, with everything else on absolute max, resolution at 1440p. I can't even imagine how the game will work on AMD version of ray tracing which is simply not as good as nVidia's.

And before AMD defenders start throwing rocks at me-- I'm not attacking your beloved corporation. All I'm saying is, AMD is developing their answer to DLSS and their own solutions for RayTracing while nVidia already released their second generation. AMD is catching up fast but their tech is still not there yet.

At the moment I'm only waiting for FSR before playing again, I think it's a must, given the high requirements of the game, and would deserve a mini-hotfix as soon as it's implemented to get it out asap.

At the moment I'm only waiting for FSR before playing again, I think it's a must, given the high requirements of the game, and would deserve a mini-hotfix as soon as it's implemented to get it out asap.
The technology was released literally less than a week ago so it might not happen immediately.

DC9V

Forum veteran
FidelityFX_FSR has the potential to withstand the pandemic and the chip crisis.
AMD, Nvidia, Sony, Microsoft, CDPR: Please don't stand in each other's way. Humanity needs you now.

Seeing as how it took mere hours for an independent non-AAA developer to implement it in his game and for the following reasons:
  • Our GPUs we can't upgrade yet due to stupid market and don't support DLSS demand it. Win 1
  • Nvidia probably demands it too for the DLSS VS. FSR quality comparison that will be in their favor, Win 2.
  • AMD wouldn't mind either seeing as it would boost the perf of their GPUs. Win 3
  • Those who can use DLSS wouldn't care, Win 4
  • And finally you as a developer have a broader user base on the low-end not to mention better console performance. Win 5
It's a win-win-win-win-win scenario for everyone.

How often does such an everyone wins scenario happens that only requires a relatively small amount of work?

Make it so CDPR. Engage!

depending on how both FSR and DLSS perform on cyberpunk each company will have an interest into having it in the game, just to claim the winning benchmark AMD having an extra dog in the race being all the old graphic cards that haven't been replaced due to the current crisis of capitalism, Nvidia has been known to spend untold amounts in the shadiest "advertising practices", just ask any youtube content creator if you want some juicy gossip ;)

The technology was released literally less than a week ago so it might not happen immediately.
Yeah, I've been on pause for months, I can wait one or two more. Although, according to AMD, FSR is easy to implement in about 2 hours, so... I'm more nervous about nVidia telling them "hey, this is OUR sponsorship, stop that".
Post automatically merged:

"Winning" plays a minor role, it's already established that DLSS is the winner in terms of quality, so nVidia doesn't have to fear that point - but FSR being available on older GPUs from both and keeping up good enough at least on quality settings is still a win for AMD as well, so there's nothing to lose, but a huge marketing gain from giving players who can't get a new GPU a treat. And why should nVidia try to prevent it - "no, go out and get a RTX card we can't sell you anyway?"? Players know at least that if they were able to get a RTX card they could use the superior DLSS, so they still might once they can.

Last edited:
Humanity needs you now.
Need_you.PNG

Gotta bump an old thread.

AMD could "not want comparisons" all they want but there's this silly thing called a license agreement with FSR. Anyone can do whatever they want with the code, free of charge.

This is the entire license agreement.
Copyright (c) 2021 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved.

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN
THE SOFTWARE.

Hi Guys!

I`am sure that CDPR will implement FSR into the Game!
Maybe not in the next patch but it´s inevitable!

1. More FPS for every graphics card!
2. CDPR has Fidelity CAS in the Game and other AMD related settings!

grekks says:

"From what I've heard AMD is not very keen on releasing their FSR in games that already have DLSS.
The reason is simple: they don't want people to be able to compare both technologies in one game."

Nope! There will be more games where both technics will be implemented in the future. (DLSS and FSR)
There is no stopping FSR being implemented in all sorts of games.
It is easy and quick to implement in any game.
You mustn't forget that AMD is built into all current consoles and that FSR will increase a lot of FPS there.
Thus it is automatically available in the PC version in every game that is published on consoles.

Greddings

Im guessing we have too wait for the next gen update before they add it. Just a hunch but since they have too update some stuff and even the new consoles will probably have problems running RTX in this game without it... it pretty much has too be inplemented then.

...well, I really hope AMD and CDPR will bring this to the game, since it already has AMD assets in game.

But, since many of you are asking for this, me included :) if you already don't know, there is 3rd party program that does this, only problem is UI, since FSR needs to be implemented before UI is set, so it will mess a bit around UI elements (ghosting, blurry UI), but it is great trade off if you ask me for free performance...

So, program isn't free (5$ I think), you can find it on Steam, it is called Lossless Scaling, free version doesn't have FSR... It works flawlessly.

...however there is alternative called MagPie, here is link to English version. It has few bugs, but it works...

Hope you have fun with this, cheers

Little test in busy area :)
FSR testing with Lossless Scaling (Steam)

Game running @ Ultra settings + DXR Ultra @1080p

1080p no FSR ~28fps
900p FSR x1.2 ~35fps
720p FSR x1.5 ~46fps

Game running @ Ultra settings + DXR Ultra @1440p

1440p no FSR ~17fps
1080p FSR x1.33 ~26fps
900p FSR x1.6 ~34fps
720p FSR x2.0 ~44fps

Basically Scale Factor you set as resolution divider, so in my case, my monitor resolution is 1080p, when using 900p in game, it is simple 1080/900=1.2, when using 720p it is 1080/720=1.5. And as I said, because game doesn't support custom resolutions, I couldn't test proper AMD FSR settings, which should be for 1080p:
- Ultra Quality = 830p (1.3x)
- Quality = 720p (1.5x)
- Ballanced = 635p (1.7x)
- Performance =540p (2.0x)
...for 1440p:
- Ultra Quality = 1108p (1.3x)
- Quality = 960p (1.5x)
- Ballanced = 847p (1.7x)
- Performance =540p (2.0x)

And here are screenshoots from game running @1080p with no FSR, 720p 1.5x FSR and 900p 1.2 FSR

1080p no FSR.png

900p FSR x1.2.png

720p FSR x1.5.png

Cheers...

Last edited:
Top Bottom