UPDATE TO PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

+
I'm that case go for an overclocked 4070, Asus sells those, otherwise you're gonna get ripped off with anything beyond that. I have the 4070 OC edition and I never had issues with any game and cyberpunk isn't an exception either.

4070 vs 4070ti depends, in terms of value. It is a 15 to 20% increase and when I bought my 4070ti OC recently, it was 20% more than the non-ti equivalent, which is why I made the call. That being said, I bought an Asus ProArt for esthetic reasons and their pricing on that series is a bit wonky.

If you can get a ti for 20% or less over non-ti, I would say to get it. IMO if price and % uptick are relatively close, it makes sense.

In CP2077, I play with RT Ultra at 4k with all the shenanigans (FG, DLSS) and it makes it run at +/-90fps, which is my personal sweetspot. It is hard to compare directly with a non-ti because of FG, but I enjoy the potential uptick from 75 to 90.

If they had made the TI with 16gb, that would have been an absolute no-brainer, though, if prices were what they are now.

Edit: regardless of what you buy now, it comes with a hefty side of "I feel like I am being f*cked".

From the leaked specs besides the 4070 ti super and and the 4070 super, nothing is intreasting.

the 4070 ti super is the best card in the 4000 series if it indeed comes out in 700$ and the same specs that were leaked (16 gigs of ram 256bit bus).

The 4080 super supposedly will come at 999$ and it will be basically a slightly improved 4080, which is still too expansive if u ask me, I do own a 4080 and I payed around 1100$ for this card.

Nvidia are afraid that the AI bubble is going to collapse so they are throwing some bones in gamers direction, gamers shouldn't buy their overpriced cards and let them rot on shelves, until they give a decent price to performance.

want a 999$-1100$ for a 4080, no problem increase the Vram and the BUS. if the 4080 super was 20 gigs of vram and a bigger bus, then a 999$ was far more justified.

As I see it now, if u don't use your GPU for rendering or play in NVidia favored titles that use RTX (Games like cyberpunk) then Intel and AMD look like better and cheaper alternatives.

If nvidia really was pro gamers, then they would have did a 4060 super series. since most gamers buy the 60 series.

the 4060 super at 12 gigs of Vram at 250-299$ would have been a hit.

The 4060 ti super at 16 Vram and 192 bit but would have also been a sell out in 350-399$
I do agree largely, however, if you have not upgraded in a while the 4070 ti super looks like the most valuable option given the price. The other cards in/around its price point looks lackluster if the rumours proven to be true.

I have not bought a GPU yet, still sitting on my old reliable 1060 gtx. For me there really is not a good enough option for me out there. The closest I cam was the 7800 xt but idk if it will age that well. Hoping the next gen will prove more worthwhile. The supers are not enticing me at all given the price range is still madness, since we are talking about $700 for a 1440p card as a steal.

Biggest concern I have is that not even a 4090 can handle some games at ultra 4k and that thing is a beast, so i believe it is going to take a generation or 2 for things to be "standard" again.
Post automatically merged:

Edit: regardless of what you buy now, it comes with a hefty side of "I feel like I am being f*cked".
Quesiton is, would the pricing ever come down where it is now, sadly i dont think it will. Hoping that is not the case and this is not the norm.

The supers are not enticing me at all given the price range is still madness, since we are talking about $700 for a 1440p card...

I don't really get this 1440p vs 4k cards thing, especially in the age of DLSS, FG, etc...

Before my 4070ti, I played at 4k on my 2080 Super. Compromises had to be made, but getting 60fps on my then 4k Q60T TV was quite alright (performance DLSS looked quite good, IMO).

Now, I play with my 4070ti on my new 42inches C3 and granted, I can't achieve the full 120hz capacity of my C3, but consistently getting 90+ fps in different games at 4k again. Of course, I have to use DLSS. And FG sometimes.

Thing is DLSS - even down to performance - still looks better than playing at native 1440p on a 4k screen.

Use optimized settings (à la Digital Foundry), put RT at Ultra, slam in 4k, put DLSS balance or Performance. Your are at 50fps. To me, that's when for a game like CP2077, latency induced by FG is not noticeable enough to ruin the experience. Turn FG on. 90fps consistently, which is my sweetspot in terms of visual fidelity vs framerate.

I also just finished Spider-Man Remastered in 4k. All settings cranked, RT very high, DLSS Perf. + FG. Constantly over 120fps, making my C3 very happy and in the process, myself as well.

Sometimes DLSS perf. is more noticeable, obviously, but then I just compromise a bit of sliders, put it back to balance and still getting well over 60fps. Compromises nowadays are often relatively minuscule for major performance uplifts. Very high or Ultra, or Ultra + settings offer so little rewards for their costs, it's insane IMO.

Therefore, I feel like the 4070ti is a 4k card in my use cases.

Edit: I do not believe that prices will go back to where they were. Ever. I was a xx80 series customer, now a xx70 customer because that is where the prices lined up. Soon to be a xx60 customer, I guess.

Last edited:
From the leaked specs besides the 4070 ti super and and the 4070 super, nothing is intreasting.

the 4070 ti super is the best card in the 4000 series if it indeed comes out in 700$ and the same specs that were leaked (16 gigs of ram 256bit bus).

The 4080 super supposedly will come at 999$ and it will be basically a slightly improved 4080, which is still too expansive if u ask me, I do own a 4080 and I payed around 1100$ for this card.

Nvidia are afraid that the AI bubble is going to collapse so they are throwing some bones in gamers direction, gamers shouldn't buy their overpriced cards and let them rot on shelves, until they give a decent price to performance.

want a 999$-1100$ for a 4080, no problem increase the Vram and the BUS. if the 4080 super was 20 gigs of vram and a bigger bus, then a 999$ was far more justified.

As I see it now, if u don't use your GPU for rendering or play in NVidia favored titles that use RTX (Games like cyberpunk) then Intel and AMD look like better and cheaper alternatives.

If nvidia really was pro gamers, then they would have did a 4060 super series. since most gamers buy the 60 series.

the 4060 super at 12 gigs of Vram at 250-299$ would have been a hit.

The 4060 ti super at 16 Vram and 192 bit but would have also been a sell out in 350-399$
Agree. They should add more vram and increase the bus width. I am just tired of this AI upscaling madness .

Nowadays you can't even run the game at 1080 native (Alan Wake2) without DLSS, so devs are encouraged to be lazy.

Guest 4670038

More often than not, the short simple answer is the best one.

Anyway, I interpret your above post as devs should know their limitations viz. technical, budget, and time constraints. Don't promise what you can't deliver. CB2077 is a good foundation for the hardware that was able to run it upon release (PS4 excluded of course); However, what could not have been properly implemented into the base game could/should have been scrapped for the second game since they wouldn't be starting from scratch and would already have the foundation to work with. Then promise/release what you could have in the first in the second, essentially making the second game even more amazing with better visual quality and system stability. Also, by the time the second game releases, most people would probably have upgraded their systems to meet the new requirements (PS4 owners included). Instead, we get new PC requirements for the base game with PS4 owners still locked out, and maybe some current PC owners too (though, I don't know that for sure...we'll see.).

So, to some extent, some devs can be viewed as youngsters wanting the big shiny new ball with all the bells and whistles. But right-minded parents (gamers) have to remind them of what I've said on another thread, "Don't bite off more than you can chew.", which is good age-old advice to live by.

But some actually try to flip it where the sagacious old parents are viewed as too young and stupid to know anything. But hey, as a two-and-half-year-old, what do I know?
Post automatically merged:

That's probably for the best. I, on the other hand, just can't resist sometimes. I guess it's a two-and-a-half-year-old thing.:shrug:
Think I'll stay off of here for a while and go finish playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Then after testing 2.0, I'll be back to give either kudos or condemnation.
I said I would be back after testing 2.0 to give either kudos or condemnation. Well, since I've opted-out of the new account migration that will lead to all of my comments getting deleted, I'll go ahead and say that [Edit: after testing] I have neither kudos nor condemnation for update 2.0 or the current 2.11.

I have, Meh. It's jus'...Meh.:shrug:

new account migration that will lead to all of my comments getting deleted,

er... what!!!?? not again :( (Bethesda did the same god dam thing )

edit:
OK I found this: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...sue/2608/cd-projekt-red-account-migration-faq

I guess this really will not affect me that much. I only use the forums and not the game gog account. I came here for the forums because of what Bethesda did to their long standing and extremely popular/used forums (jam packed with tons of helpful esoteric information for users and mod makers of their games) that they then just threw away in favor of a noisy chat room with zero archived information.

Last edited:
Top Bottom