Will CDPR ever respond to lack of RPG Mechanics and lack of choices?

+
The 48min trailer as we have all seen talks about choices mattering and non-linear approach to missions and the devs talked about that as well in numerous interviews.
The game only has one mission that delivers on that front and its the one mission we see in that 48min trailer and the choices made there has near no bearing on the story of the game at all, there was no "ripple through the gaming world" at all. All CDPR has talked about are the bugs and performance issues. I feel bamboozled and I think CDPR should talk about this issue. The game is NOTHING like the 48min trailer all other missions are completely linear with no choices whatsoever. The only choice is which ending you want at the very end and thats obvious because the choices made there won't affect the gaming world because the game ends, total cope out. CDPR should issue a statement about this cause honestly I do feel tricked.

RPG mechanics are non existent as well, in any RPG the strive for better loot and upgrades is a must, that does not exist in this game whatsover. The combat is a poor shooter with enemies that provide no challenge at all, and stealth is too OP which negates any leveling up. The game should should have had turn based combat with deep RPG mechanics. This is just first person GTA.

Maybe i'm misreading or understanding what you're saying here, as I have not seen this 48 minute trailer, but there are quite a few quest lines in the game that have alternative endings that follow you depending on your choices. The suicidal cop, sinnerman, there are a few more that I can't really remember the names of. Not all choices are as linear as you're describing.

There are no consequences to your choices most of the time. Even when there are consequences, they are small and insignificant - most of the time. The real choice is only in the end and even that dont make much difference.

If you spare someone or not - does not matter, no consequence other than not getting money or getting money. If you ignore a mission for example you are actually missing content and I dont know about other players but I for example dont like to do that in a video game.

Witcher 3 was better in that regard - mos of the choices there actually mattered and changed something and had consequences.

no difference? world goes into another world war because of your single decision.... not important enough???

Maybe i'm misreading or understanding what you're saying here, as I have not seen this 48 minute trailer, but there are quite a few quest lines in the game that have alternative endings that follow you depending on your choices. The suicidal cop, sinnerman, there are a few more that I can't really remember the names of. Not all choices are as linear as you're describing.

Not in the main quest

Not in the main quest
There's a couple I believe. I haven't pissed off Panam, so I can't guarentee that ending has any changes, but when you take the deal, the final play has some differences if you chose to save takemora or not.

I guess you could also say your choices in dealing with Johnny determines your end game as well.

I just did the river quest ...
I was in the elevator on the way up to see the guy running for mayor and Johnny said not to say anything, don't get involved.
I chose the option that says I need to get paid somehow.
When talking to the mayor I chose the option to just say it's complicated.
When leaving I was expecting Johnny to show up and say something about taking his advice, but there was nothing.

In my opinion, they will not respond to both RPG mechanics and lack of choices.
They change for an action game so if they change something will be to get close to that.
As I interpreted their latest messages and responses they do not believe the game has a lack of choices they are satisfied and proud about everything related to the story.
If don't they will not say it right now, there are too much heat and too many people wanting/waiting for something to keeping talking about how bad the game, not to mention will be another thing to be added to a lawsuit, and have enough positive feedback and reviews to let that to side and don't talk about.
In the best-case scenario, they will make a DLC not relate/not connect to the main story and the romance options, will have a lot of choices and new romance options, very similar to the big DLCs of The Witcher.

Little examples :
CP2077
-Telling or not telling about Evelyn plan or Telling that you have the biopuce or not : Same result you ate a bullet...
- Whatever the choice you made about Joshua ( sidejob ) : Joshua will end up crucified...
-Etc

TW3
-Freeing the spirit of the hill : Saving the children, destruction of a village, Bloody baron and Anna dead...
-Killing the spirit of the hill : Chirldren will be eaten by the Crones but village safe and Bloody baron and Anna alive..
-Etc...

Huge difference between real choice and illusory choice...

Last edited by a moderator:
Little examples :
CP2077
-Telling or not telling about Evelyn plan or Telling that you have the biopuce or not : Same result you ate a bullet...
- Whatever the choice you made about Joshua ( sidejob ) : Joshua will end up crucified...
-Etc

TW3
-Freeing the spirit of the hill : Saving the children, destruction of a village, Bloody baron and Anna dead...
-Killing the spirit of the hill : Chirldren will be eaten by the Crones but village safe and Bloody baron and Anna alive..
-Etc...

That's because the Witcher 3 has consequences visible in the open world. You can go to that village and see it burned to the ground or not depending on your choices.
CP choices are there, but they're limited within the quests showcasing them.
Netwatch quest for example : you'll kill either Brigitte or Netwatch, and this is directly a consequence of your choices. Can't deny there are hard coded, tangible consequences in the game. But when the quest is finished, there is no longer a visible consequence of the choice you made on the open world. If you sided with the Voodoo boys, it won't prevent them to target you whenever you roam in Pacifica. Same if you sided with Netwatch.

That's why I said (might be on another thread) that it feels like CP is a product of two games mashed together, and not communicating between each other. The narrative (main quests + important side characters) game works within its own boundaries, and the open worldish game (navigation, overall gameplay and flow, minor side content) seems like an entire different game working also within its own boundaries. The two overlap only in a very few cases.

Little examples :
CP2077
-Etc

TW3
-Etc...

I loved that quest in TW3.
I visited the woods first and freed the children, later I met the Baron and helped him find his daughter. I was shocked when I learned that she was punished for my actions. Googling the quest, it was so cool to see that choices had a huge impact on outcomes of other quests.

In CP2077? I get none of that, not even remotely like in the example I posted just above.

I loved that quest in TW3.
I visited the woods first and freed the children, later I met the Baron and helped him find his daughter. I was shocked when I learned that she was punished for my actions. Googling the quest, it was so cool to see that choices had a huge impact on outcomes of other quests.

In CP2077? I get none of that, not even remotely like in the example I posted just above.

What quests???
Baron story had no real impact on other quest lines... its only mentioned in the end when Ciri wants to visit him, but thats hardly any impact... whats more important, no matter what you do, people living in Velen are still abused.. because either Baron dies or leaves, Saergant Ardal is in command and he has his own "vision" about things.....
SO NO, NOT REALLY.

Moderator: Hey there, all. Just a reminder to watch the spoilers, please, both for Cyberpunk, and Witcher III. Also, remember that we have an entire forum devoted to The Witcher Series. Discussions of Wild Hunt really belong over there.

Moderator: Hey there, all. Just a reminder to watch the spoilers, please, both for Cyberpunk, and Witcher III. Also, remember that we have an entire forum devoted to The Witcher Series. Discussions of Wild Hunt really belong over there.

I don't believe so, they're using Witcher as an example compared to Cyberpunk. I don't see how that kind of discussion would mean anything in the witcher side when it's being compared to this game.

What quests???
Baron story had no real impact on other quest lines... its only mentioned in the end when Ciri wants to visit him, but thats hardly any impact... whats more important, no matter what you do, people living in Velen are still abused.. because either Baron dies or leaves, Saergant Ardal is in command and he has his own "vision" about things.....
SO NO, NOT REALLY.
I know it didn't really impact the main quest and it wasn't supposed to
In my opinion, that one side story had more choice consequence than anything in CP 2077.

*edit*
In other words, That quests story was completely different depending on what options you chose. In CP 2077, the quest stories stays the same no matter what options you chose.

Last edited:

Sorry I didn't think about spoiler because I'm so sleepy :sleep:

I don't believe so, they're using Witcher as an example compared to Cyberpunk. I don't see how that kind of discussion would mean anything in the witcher side when it's being compared to this game.

Oh well I can cite other game like ME if you want :) ( but that doesn't change anything because I was talking about the choice and no about the type of game )

And before I say another stupid thing, my bed is calling me ^^

No at this point insane hype-train of what the game was going to be, turned in insane hate-train of what this game should be.

Same impossible task to deliver on. Each and everyone and their cat want/expect something different that MUST be added, or else - just no. Ain't gonna happen, I am sorry.

At best they will patch some issues here and there and hopefully deliver on their DLC plans (here again learn form your previous experiences)

Expectation is mother of disappointment - up to you.

Top Bottom