Will Ciri be in game ? =)

+
Snowflakez;n10788911 said:
Having extra, meaningful cash dumps (Forcing you to decide whether you really want to use your AV for this mission...) would be perfectly welcome to me.
I think focusing on the economic unfairness of the world would be a great method of worldbuilding through mechanics. Aside from regular merchant expenses inherent to RPG design, I think things like fuel, rent, and on demand cybernet access would be a cool elements to add costs to the game to give a feeling of economic need.

It could certainly be done in such a way that you don't "need" any of those things. You don't need a place to stash your stuff, you don't need a vehicle to get around, you dont need on demand access to all parts of the net. But all of these would be highly desirable. This gives the overall impression of having to struggle in the world to get what you want. Which is very cyberpunk.

EDIT: And you could see something related to Ciri (there now it's on topic).

Rawls;n10787261 said:
I'm pretty fond of the idea of a cross-over side quest where she doesn't actually appear in person, but is referenced ... or maybe even/heard seen in video or audio footage. But definitely not a character, and never mentioned by name.

This could actually work. If you search for time travel people in youtube there is tons of footage about possible time traveler because they appear almost out of nowhere. The game could reference to Ciri with such a video some people from the news talk about maybe? Followed by a video where you can see her and maybe the hunt for a moment until they disappear again.

I think it'd be cool to have her sort of pop up in an easter egg moment. Something done in a way that would leave players not quite sure if they saw her or not.

I'm sure there will be some kind of reference to her considering the plot of TW3. Fingers crossed though, I would love to see something like that.

I'd say the only reason there will be a reference is because so many people will be looking for one CDPR can't afford not to have one someplace.

Suhiira;n10839091 said:
I'd say the only reason there will be a reference is because so many people will be looking for one CDPR can't afford not to have one someplace.

At this point, just because people are hyping so much potential Ciri cameo, I hope they will go with something utterly anticlimactic to troll people, like randomly stumbing upon Ciri lying dead drunk in some alleyway without any way to interact with her.

Shavod;n10840491 said:
At this point, just because people are hyping so much potential Ciri cameo, I hope they will go with something utterly anticlimactic to troll people, like randomly stumbing upon Ciri lying dead drunk in some alleyway without any way to interact with her.

Heh. Someone who -could be- Ciri..but also could be not Ciri...wheee more ambiguousness!

Humm ... you think the character creation editor will be robust enough to create Ciri?
Make her one of the default character models.
LOTS of Ciri!

Sardukhar;n10843711 said:
Heh. Someone who -could be- Ciri..but also could be not Ciri...wheee more ambiguousness!

A Witcher/Ciri fan in 2077 that had their body body-sculpted to look like Ciri..there we now have Ciri in 2077 :p

walkingdarkly;n10844781 said:
A Witcher/Ciri fan in 2077 that had their body body-sculpted to look like Ciri..there we now have Ciri in 2077 :p

I would actually find that pretty dang funny.

Sardukhar;n10845751 said:
I will struggle mightiliy not to do this in the character creator.

Yeah. I think I've said it before, but that's about the only way I would accept a "Ciri" in the game. Let the character creator allow the player to build a something of a lookalike and make some house ruling to roleplay as her. Allow vague responses in dialog to questions like "Who are you", "Where are you from?", "What's your story" - like "I'm just a gal on the road", "Not from here, that's for sure", "Too long to tell", "None of your business". And Lifepath options like "Orphan", "Ran away from fosterparent(s)".

Can't do any magic so she is tied to the world and the given storyline, and the character could really be anyone as nobody in the game responses to a character from Witcher, but those wanting a "Ciri" in the game can do the mental gymnastics for a roleplay if they want and even restrain themselves from using cyberware to boot.

2077 cdprojectred is a division of the mega Corp sagaatari useing an updated version of the virtual reality interface from their Melkton game to release the highly popular virtual reality wither series of games. Do to its high popularity look out for the Witcher poser gang

Top Bottom