Will PC version have built-in benchmark?

+
I feel this is something that all AAA games should have. Hell, even Horizon Zero Dawn PC port has it.

Cyberpunk 2077 is what will push most people to upgrade. And since it is a title that will be the new hot thing, especially for raytracing, every reviewer will use this game to benchmark PC components.

Besides, having to go through prologue cutscenes to get to the point where you can fiddle with graphics options is somewhat annoying.

Last edited:
Would love that. But CDPR never did that, even with Witcher 3, which also had limit pushing graphics when it came out.

Vronos

Forum regular
Agreed, this would be very useful to figure out the optimal settings without having to restart/reload the game repeatedly and driving around to test the settings in a variety of situations. The last game I saw this in was Red Dead Redemption 2 and it allowed me to determine what particular graphics settings in the recommended/default setup cost me so many FPS (it turned out to be the pelt detail). Without such a benchmark something like this might take hours to find out in-game.

"Hardware Unboxed" on Youtube will do a next detailed optimization guide for Cyperpunk 2077.
So you have to wait a bit and then they have a perfect setting for everyone.

Greedings

Vronos

Forum regular
While those kind of guides will help they are not a complete substitute given that the number of hardware configurations in people’s rigs might as well be infinite and so it can at best be a start but will never be as good as custom-tailored adjustments.

Rhyzur

Forum regular
Nividia usually does a pretty good job with the game release drivers and putting the settings where they need to be to optimize the game. I usually only use the benchmark if there is something weird going on.

I'm in. I also would like the built-in benchmark for PC feature to be added later in Cyberpunk 2077 :facepalm:

Top Bottom