Will this be on SONYs next platform?

+
They should just put it on there for the sake of it. Plenty of PlayStation-console owners want this game.

*raises hand*

Me included.

Im pretty sure that Cyberpunk will be released on pc and and then on next gen consoles, not sure about wiiu. Hope they make native linux version.

If this game is simple enough to play on a console I'm not buying.

Woah there friend, lets just wait and see what the capabilities of next gen consoles are before we make a statement like that shall we?
Also, as long as HD textures and modding capability is involved, I don't see how having a game release on other platforms could be such a problem for you

Actually the PS3 version could have been better than 360 but greedy bethesda decided to use a engine that didnt work well with PS3 coding.They knew they released a broken game.Besideds i dont want skyrim dlc.Dawngaurd was mediocore at best(played on my bros 360) Hearthfire shouldnt be called "DLC".Plus i really like PS3s controller not even mentioning the games.PS3 games are just amazing.But sadly would have horrible gameplay on pc. Could you imagine climbing in uncharted with a keyboard or smashing heads in GOW with a mouse? Yuck. But i love PC just as good.Specifically for indie games.Planetside 2 was awful IMHO i liked Dust 514 and Eve online much more.Any way back on topic. I think the witcher wasent on PS3 do to the fact how much more expensive it would be in development costs.

Open world games are always worse on PS3. Not just Bethesda's games, but Rockstar's as well. It's due to the limited RAM. The PS3 has better looking exclusives like the Uncharted games, but that's because those games are linear so you can dodge the RAM issue by specifying what you're rendering at any given time.

That's not to say that the PS4 will have the same issue, since I imagine Sony's learned their lesson considering all the substandard multiplatform games, but Sony fans are so quick to blame the developers, ignoring the fact that it's a problem in the majority of multiplatform games and not just a small specific amount of them.

His elitism level! It's over 9000!!!.

Lol, well maybe, just cutting to the chase

Woah there friend, lets just wait and see what the capabilities of next gen consoles are before we make a statement like that shall we?
Also, as long as HD textures and modding capability is involved, I don't see how having a game release on other platforms could be such a problem for you

Fair call. No doubt the console makers will looking to bridge the current gap considerably with the next gen, but if this were to be a PC exclusive title, not looking out for its smaller cousins, I believe the end result could be even better. Running indepth open worlds without some grunt to spare can be limiting and console limitations will still have to be considered when they make the game if they are to be included as a platform. But I supose my biggest concerns are about levels of control, Cyberpunk not requiring a keyboard seems like a disconnect.

Um heard of Dust 514?Anyway i guess they wont tell us till the consoles were revealed.I should have thought about that.

Dust 514 is a shooter not an RPG, art work looks nice, at any rate I know nothing of it. I havn't owned a console for about 6 years.

I supose with so little known about CP2077 I'm going to hold out hope that the final scope is as large as games like the upcoming DayZ stanadalone, ArmA3, or Star Citizen. I'm not retracting my statement.....yet.

I just want them to outsource all console ports. Took them a bloody year to do the Xbox version when they could have been working on this game.

Lol, well maybe, just cutting to the chase

Fair call. No doubt the console makers will looking to bridge the current gap considerably with the next gen, but if this were to be a PC exclusive title, not looking out for its smaller cousins, I believe the end result could be even better. Running indepth open worlds without some grunt to spare can be limiting and console limitations will still have to be considered when they make the game if they are to be included as a platform. But I supose my biggest concerns are about levels of control, Cyberpunk not requiring a keyboard seems like a disconnect.

Dust 514 is a shooter not an RPG, art work looks nice, at any rate I know nothing of it. I havn't owned a console for about 6 years.

I supose with so little known about CP2077 I'm going to hold out hope that the final scope is as large as games like the upcoming DayZ stanadalone, ArmA3, or Star Citizen. I'm not retracting my statement.....yet.

Actually i played Dust and its a MMOFPSRTSRPG It has RPG elements such as effecting the eve universe,skill trees,etc. its actually a strategy game and even has RTS gameplay where one player on each team gives commands,deploys installations etc.Plus when you die u lose everything u had with you so you HAVE to make money.Its a MMO because it takes place over every planet in Eve each planet with around 200 maps and all battles take place in EVE in real time on the Eve server.The entire game is only one server.So yes Dust 514 is not smple i even played it its tougher than Planetside 2. ANYWAY cyberpunk 2077 might be the size of maybe GTA V i guess.Its on Nextgen so we dont know the capabilities.

Um heard of Dust 514?Anyway i guess they wont tell us till the consoles were revealed.I should have thought about that.

i honestly think dust 514 is terrible really.

can't tell what the hell im doing half the time. If EVE online somehow makes more sense than a FPS game something is wrong here.

I'm fine with console version of Cyberpunk 2077 as long CD Projekt Red produces top notch PC version. Of course I would prefer if they put all focus into PC version and produce high quality product like they did with Witcher 2. If need be, if next gen can't run with reached fidelity, it's easier to downscale for consoles than try upgrade quality for PC. In Battlefield 3 can be seen what happens when developer goes and splits developing cycles among platforms ( PC / Consoles). They produced first half using PC as lead and then switched Consoles to be lead platform for rest of the development. This can be seen in everything from graphical fidelity to map size etc.

Sleeping Dogs is good example of how to handle multiplatform production and release. Insane high quality textures as free update for PC, native DX11 support, good-ish menus and very good controls on keyboard and mouse. Basically Sleeping Dogs is brilliantly done multiplatform game because it takes each platforms strengths and weaknesses into count and uses platforms to theirs potential.

Im a console player and I will be distraught if its PC exclusive. I think CDPR is moving away from that. Still I dont want PC players to feel their experience is being hindered. Im sure the next gen console specs will make sure that this game will have a high potential.

Im a console player and I will be distraught if its PC exclusive. I think CDPR is moving away from that. Still I dont want PC players to feel their experience is being hindered. Im sure the next gen console specs will make sure that this game will have a high potential.

I still would say that game needs to be developed for high end PC, what ever that is in 2015-2016, and then down scaled for consoles. Sure first next gen games will look better on those consoles than anything on PC because PC has been held back so long by current gen, but when Cyberpunk 2077 is due (2015-2016) PC is again ahead of consoles in performance.

That said I don't intent that this game should be bad port for PC or consoles. I just want that they developed game by using most powerful system as lead platform and then port it over to weaker system(s) while using theirs fullest potential. Also provide proper menus and UI that is optimal for used controls. For years now almost every single game is produced by using consoles as lead platform and this had lead into situation where most games are lacking in at least one or more departments on PC.

I'm fine with console version of Cyberpunk 2077 as long CD Projekt Red produces top notch PC version. Of course I would prefer if they put all focus into PC version and produce high quality product like they did with Witcher 2. If need be, if next gen can't run with reached fidelity, it's easier to downscale for consoles than try upgrade quality for PC. In Battlefield 3 can be seen what happens when developer goes and splits developing cycles among platforms ( PC / Consoles). They produced first half using PC as lead and then switched Consoles to be lead platform for rest of the development. This can be seen in everything from graphical fidelity to map size etc.

Sleeping Dogs is good example of how to handle multiplatform production and release. Insane high quality textures as free update for PC, native DX11 support, good-ish menus and very good controls on keyboard and mouse. Basically Sleeping Dogs is brilliantly done multiplatform game because it takes each platforms strengths and weaknesses into count and uses platforms to theirs potential.

huh.Makes since.

FAQ update - I found an interview with CDPR where they state they are developing their next two games for next-gen consoles. One of which turned out to be 2077. GOOD NEWS BROS.

the next PlayStation is rumoured to use an AMD APU, so we cant expect to much from it performance, as long as the pc is the lead platform and the console don't compromise the quality of the pc version I'm fine with console player getting a piece of the pie.

the next PlayStation is rumoured to use an AMD APU, so we cant expect to much from it performance, as long as the pc is the lead platform and the console don't compromise the quality of the pc version I'm fine with console player getting a piece of the pie.

What ...what what? I..don't..what? INTERPRETER.

Top Bottom