Witcher 3 nintendo cant load steam log in site

+
So i bought witcher 3 on switch yesterday and when i tried to inport saves from my pc to switch using steam and there is a problem because the site isnt loading, there is a message occuring saying ,,the page could not be displayed". There is no information about this error on the internet and i dont know what to do. Btw GOG site works properly and i can log in.

Can you access to the nintendo eshop ?
(saw some issues related to the net connection > here)

I saw that you are two to encounter the same issue, at the same time (or almost I assume). So maybe a problem from Steam (or on the Switch)

Honestly, I can't really help more... The last time I played on a Nintendo, it was on Game Cube^^
But I suggest to directly contact Steam support who will certainly be more helpful :
I think the last time the game received an update on Switch was two years ago... So if a problem appear only now, it's most probably on Steam side.

I am in the same boat! Purchased the game as it was on sale, purely for the cross save functionality. GOG login loads fine, but my cloud saves are on Steam - and the page to login just doesn't load!

Yeah it's hard to tell where the problem is coming from. If Steam support is not able to help either, you can always contact CDPR support directly.

There's not really a support topic for this kind of problem on CDPR's support website but you can try this:

Thanks for that! I submitted something in a different area yesterday. But not heard anything yet.

Steam don’t seem to have an obvious route for support as they just palm you off to the game developers for this type of issue.

I’ll update here if I hear anything back.

Keep in mind, it can take a while until the CDPR support team is able to respond, so please be patient.
Hopefully there will be a solution :)

Thanks Devivre! Fingers crossed.

Long shot, but does anyone know if I can transfer my Steam save to GOG somehow (if I don’t own the game on GOG)? That would allow me to get my progress for now!
Post automatically merged:

I sucked up my losses, and purchased on GOG (as was on sale), on launch it picked up my Steam saves. Then once I had saved it all linked up with the Switch version (under GOG)!

Last edited:
I also encountered this issue because I bought the switcher Witcher 3 yesterday and wanted to play my save data on Steam. It seems months that the problem has remained and no one could provide any solution.

Unbelievable!!!
Post automatically merged:

So i bought witcher 3 on switch yesterday and when i tried to inport saves from my pc to switch using steam and there is a problem because the site isnt loading, there is a message occuring saying ,,the page could not be displayed". There is no information about this error on the internet and i dont know what to do. Btw GOG site works properly and i can log in.

So did you solve this problem? I cannot believe it has been almost 3 months.

This has been an issue since the next gen updates. See: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/z72a0s .

Here's what has likely happened: CDPR decided not add the next-gen update to Switch, probably because it's not likely to move additional copies the way it will on the next-gen consoles. They knew that this decision would cause cloud save from PC to Switch to fail because the version on Switch is not forward-compatible. Around the same time, something changed on Steam's side where the link that was previously being used for cloud save changed. Since the could save functionality was already effectively broken, they decided to leave Switch owners out to dry.

IMO, CDPR needs to address this subject ASAP. This functionality was a selling point for many people who have forked out money _twice_ for this game, and taking this functionality away effectively renders the Switch version useless for anyone who purchased it for this feature. I, for one, will never purchase another product from CDPR until they fix this issue, including pushing the next-gen update to Switch.

Here's what has likely happened: CDPR decided not add the next-gen update to Switch, probably because it's not likely to move additional copies the way it will on the next-gen consoles. They knew that this decision would cause cloud save from PC to Switch to fail because the version on Switch is not forward-compatible. Around the same time, something changed on Steam's side where the link that was previously being used for cloud save changed. Since the could save functionality was already effectively broken, they decided to leave Switch owners out to dry.

IMO, CDPR needs to address this subject ASAP. This functionality was a selling point for many people who have forked out money _twice_ for this game, and taking this functionality away effectively renders the Switch version useless for anyone who purchased it for this feature. I, for one, will never purchase another product from CDPR until they fix this issue, including pushing the next-gen update to Switch.
hum...
On December 14th the free next-gen update is coming to PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. The update will go live at 1 AM CET for PC & Xbox Series X|S, and midnight local time for PlayStation 5. It will include various visual, performance, and technical enhancements, as well as fixes and additional content. PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch will also receive an update — the specific patch notes and date will be announced at a later time.
Nintendo Switch will receive an update and as far as I know, there is no date, but it's not canceled.
The cross-progression feature won't "use" Steam anymore, but GOG instead like the other platforms... So nothing will be done by both CDPR and Steam to fix the connection on Steam accounts.

@LeKill3rFou let me see if I understand:

CDPR added a GOG login directly into the game. So now all cloud saves and cross-progression are going through GOG in-game, regardless of how the game was launched (Steam, Epic, GOG, etc.).

Prior to launching this feature, cross-progression between Steam and the Switch worked. Following the update, it is broken. And there is no timeline on when it will be fixed, and CDPR made no effort to inform Switch owners that the update was going to break this feature for them.

@LeKill3rFou let me see if I understand:

CDPR added a GOG login directly into the game. So now all cloud saves and cross-progression are going through GOG in-game, regardless of how the game was launched (Steam, Epic, GOG, etc.).

Prior to launching this feature, cross-progression between Steam and the Switch worked. Following the update, it is broken. And there is no timeline on when it will be fixed, and CDPR made no effort to inform Switch owners that the update was going to break this feature for them.
More or less, but let me add some details if I may...
Before it was Steam who provide this feature. This feature stopped working prior the update, about a month before the release of the next-gen update if I remember. On Switch, the game has not received an update for years, so if "someone" broke the feature, it's most probably Steam (maybe because CDPR decided to use their own store, GOG).

The only "fault" by CDPR was/is to not provide a Switch update at the same time as the other platforms... And to not really communicate, but since Cyberpunk's release mayhem, it's rather understandable.

So again, if someone broke this feature on Switch, it's not CDPR, it's Steam... And an update is planned on Switch to use the same cross progression as the other platforms. And better, the cross progression feature on Switch will be compatible with all the platforms and stores (Playstation, Xbox, Switch, PC) and not only between Switch - Steam.

Ah, thanks for the explanation. That makes sense. I shouldn't have been so quick to assume. Two ears and one mouth and all that.

Top Bottom