Wolf School Gear Chest Bugged

+
Over a year after any of the other posts I am seeing on this topic and I am having the same issue(On XBOX 1). Can not interact with the chest in the tower at all. Also tried going to the location for the silver sword and could not interact with the skeleton against the wall either. Tried everything I can think of, no luck. Very frustrating.

Last edited:
I'm having the same issue with the chest. Cannot interact at all with it. Tried saving and reloading, loading old save and traveling to tower again...nothing. On PS4.

I've been having the same problem and can't seem to find a fix. I have been wondering though if it might have to do with me having a Polished Crystal in my Quest Inventory. Wonder if people who aren't having a problem don't have the crystal. Just a thought, but yea its pretty frustrating.

Nice work CDPR! Almost 7 months and you do nothing about! What a lovely attention you give to your players!

Yeah I'm on ps4 and just got the game for Christmas, decided to go after the gear today and the chest is glitched for me as well. Is there any word on if/when there will be a fix for this problem?

ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!! I WAS having this issue one my xbox one, but i found my problem was solved on NG+. i know it doesnt quite help your current save files BUT it should keep your heads up until its fixed in the first play though!!!!

CDPR what's the update on this? There are several months since the problem was notified. It's an outrage you guys don't eve have an ETA on this.

have the same issue here on the xbox one. I just recently downloaded all the dlc's and instantly am noticing bugs. I'm not inclined to start any more of them if they're all going to be buggy.

Is anyone seeing this issue even after the 1.12 patch release?

Last edited:
I have 1.12 installed on my PS4 and I have just encountered the infamous chest bug. Here are the specifics of my situation

1. I have the basic Wolf Gear quest active. I got it from Hattori.
2. I have selected the "Search the ruins of the Signal Tower" quest step.
3. I have looted all the chests in this tower and nothing will advance the quest. The chest right by the ladder is not lootable.

I visited Kaer Morhen as part of the Ugly Baby quest before I installed the Wolf Gear Scavenger Hunt free DLC. I unfortunately do not have a manual save from before my first visit to Kaer Morhen. I was on patch 1.12 the first time I visited Kaer Morhen.

I have searched around the Signal Tower, Bastion, and the Ruined Watchtower. The only Wolf diagram I am able to find is for the Enhanced Silver Sword (at the Ruined Tower in a chest).

This is pretty infuriating, as I was really looking forward to collecting the Wolf gear.

Last edited:
Over a year after any of the other posts I am seeing on this topic and I am having the same issue(On XBOX 1). Can not interact with the chest in the tower at all. Also tried going to the location for the silver sword and could not interact with the skeleton against the wall either. Tried everything I can think of, no luck. Very frustrating.

We do understand it may be frustrating to have the same bug present in the game for months, however the nature of this issue is really complicated due to the way the DLC's work in our game. We will do our best to have this issue fixed in the next update. Once again, we are very sorry about not squashing this bug yet.

same here, PS4, patch 1.12 installed... , even despite the fact that issue was addressed as fixed in release notes? CD PROJEKT please

I understand that fixing the bug with the chest is difficult. Would it be a simpler task to remove the basic gear as a component in the Enhanced gear diagrams? That way those of us who have gotten the Enhanced diagrams can go ahead and craft those items.

Or perhaps you could add a new hidden chest somewhere that contains these basic gear diagrams, or add the basic Wolf gear to a vendor's inventory?

At the point in the game where Kaer Morhen opens up nobody would actually want to use Level 14 gear. The only reason we want to get the basic gear is so that we can use it to craft the upgraded versions.

Last edited:
I understand that fixing the bug with the chest is difficult. Would it be a simpler task to remove the basic gear as a component in the Enhanced gear diagrams? That way those of us who have gotten the Enhanced diagrams can go ahead and craft those items.

Or perhaps you could add a new hidden chest somewhere that contains these basic gear diagrams, or add the basic Wolf gear to a vendor's inventory?

At the point in the game where Kaer Morhen opens up nobody would actually want to use Level 14 gear. The only reason we want to get the basic gear is so that we can use it for the upgraded versions.

I agree, I'm already so far into the game I'm reluctant to play at this point because I fear I'll finish it before I even get to try the Wolf School Gear.

Thank you for noticing the problem. I am also suffering from this glitch, but moved on to Cat gear after 2 hours of trying. Somehow, I think I brought this to myself because I bought the game when it was already patched to 1.12 (PS4) ---> I cleared Ugly Baby. ---> And then, I noticed I did not "Install" bunch of free DLCs. So I installed all of them including wolf gear DLC. So I think I might have "patched" with erroneous version (wolf gear DLC) over the bug-fixed version (1.12). I wanted to "re-patch" again with 1.12, but that is not doable at this point for me because I will need to always install 1.12 first then wolf gear for my PS4... I hope 1.13 someday will fix this issue for good.

I recently picked up the Witcher 3 and have ran into this bug, it is beyond frustrating. Can't find any of the maps or components for the Wolf gear. I can't imagine how annoying it must be for everyone who has had this problem for months.

I was wondering if anyone knows if making a new save is a viable way of getting past this bug? Or will it be present across all of my saves until patched?

Top Bottom